Australian RC Forums banner

Exhust nipple

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bluesilver 
#1 ·
Hi, Just a question about the exhust nipple on the tuned pipes.

I see that all have the nipple on the top side of the pipe.
I have a Truck that I want to run it on the right hand side.
By doing this the exhust nipple is going to be underneath the pipe.
Is this going to effect the performance of the tunned pipe or is it ok to have the exhust nipple underneath the pipe?

Any information is appreciated.
Thanks.

#2 ·
with the nipple to the top, the excess and unburnt oil just blows out the exhaust, if you put the nipple to the bottom, you will have oil being pushed back to your fuel tank, which is not something you want to do.
Solution is to block the original nipple so that it is sealed, and drill and tap a thread into the top of the pipe, and fit a new nipple to run to your tank, or get a new pipe, some stores will exchange the pipe you have if it still Clean and unused, and nor modified or damaged, and you have the original packaging

#4 ·
as a precaution, unscrew the current nipple and using a light source, check inside the pipe, if there is a clear path to the other side, it should be ok to re-tap the other side of the pipe, I havent had to make this mod to the pipe you have and would need to have a look at the pipe myself

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.