Australian RC Forums banner

AX10 axle width

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Stangas 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Anyone know of the axle width?
Reason being I am looking at one of these and wondering the battery size that would be appropriate. Even if I could get the stock width could do some good guessing.

EDIT:
It seems around 2200mah is where a 3s lipo hits 100mm or 4". The entire width of the car from Axial is 10", so I dont think it is looking too good :(

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
there is a 10mm axle extender kit available, you get 4 new length axles, and collar supports that fit between the hex and c hub, gives you that extra little bit to stop tyres hitting servo and battery if mounted on the diff, the 10mm is each side, so 20mm overall increase inside the wheels

#3 ·
Cheers Towie, might have to look ino the extenders.

Making paper templates to see what fits with the steering. Looks like the most you can get out of it is about 135mm between the wheels at full steer. The assembly for the servo is around 55mm, so that leaves 80mm for a lipo battery.

I also had a look at JunFac mounting plater which uses a battery mounted over the servo:

That also looks pretty promising. And will enable some longer run batteries.

With the 80mm space it's looking more like 1300-1500mah batteries than around the 2k mark.

#4 ·
if you want to get even more space, Hobao make a non beadlock rim with 100% offset, which moves your wheels even further out and giving you an even wider track, I have a set I can photograph for you if you want to see what I mean, but it will kill your 2.2 class status as your wheels will protrude well past the body, depends on whether you want to compete in club events or competition or just get out there and bash/crawl

#5 ·
Actually just thought of a third option, I can always grab a few batteries of the right size (say a couple of 800mah 3s lipos) and parallel them together to give 1600mah and fit easily, just by fitting a harness.

Might even be able to get in a couple of 1000mah batteries.

The smallest 1500mah battery i can find it 72 x 34 x 23mm
I can grab two 800mah and have them as one at 57 x 29 x 42mm, or
Two 1000mah batteries together at the 70 x 34 x 34mm

Very seriously thinking about the parallel 800mah lipos

#6 ·
Worth looking at. Aussie regulations are 320mm for Limited and no restriction on Trail for comps. While I may never compete, I dont see why I shouldn't build this to be comp ready.

Stock the AX10 is only 260mm so I have 60mm to play with on the width. The extenders will likely be enough with 10mm extra clearance on the servos side and another 10mm on the battery size, will mean the 70mm batteries fit easy.

Building is half the challenge!

Should also note that I can find 1300mah batteries at 67 x 36 x 25mm.
Suprised more manufacturers are not making brick-like lipos

#7 ·
I parallel my 2 x 1250mah to give me 2500mah @ 2s and that keeps me running for hours, parallel adaptor is available off the shelf, and works well when running them close together as it is a solid adaptor, no wires flapping about, adaptor is deans fittings just for reference

#8 ·
i know its a bit late, but i found the Intellect lipo 2S2P 2300 mAh.

56 x 32 x 32mm

Just ordered 2, so will let you know how i go

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.