Australian RC Forums banner

Bug777's Summit

40K views 133 replies 32 participants last post by  bugginmad1 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I traveled down to RCHobbies today & picked up my Summit. They only got them in yesterday. I paid $899 for it. Here are some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#77 ·
IMO the stock tyres are great for general bashing & boulder hopping. If your get them in sloppy mud the tread depth is not deap enough. They work well on sand. They work ok on gravel & grass. The tar damages them easily.

Out of the 4 sets i have for the Summit this is what i think of them

Jumbo Kongs: Look good. Great on the Sand & deep ruts. Ok on hard surfaces. Poor on the rocks (tyre is too hard)

Standard: As above

Terra Pins: (I have had limited run time with these) Great on grass & better than standards on rocks. Not much good on the tar.

Phaltlines: Have not yet ran them but i will soon.

#79 ·
Great bit of Info on here, took my Summit out today got 35-40 mins out of a pair of Venom 4000mah 20C Lipos (with a Low Voltage Alarm fitted) had an outerwears sock on the motor and not sure if that was a great idea, motor temped at 75 degrees c at the end of it all (Dewalt 14.4 geared 18/68)

May retry without the sock.

#81 ·
I ran my Summit with the HPI blast wheels & phaltlines tyres over the weekend. They handle well on the road buy no where else. Here are some pics on how it looks. Also if you are going to get a set of Blast rims the standard hex wrench or even a normal socket won't fit inside the hole of the rim. You need to get a 17mm spark plug socket or similar.

Attachments

#82 ·
IMO the Phatlines just look too small on the Summit! I've ordered a set of Terrapins for mine, had them before on a Savage Flux and they are actually quite durable, figure the tread will last a great deal longer than the stock rubber especially on asphalt.

#83 ·
I only brought the phaltlines for trailer wheels, which IMO are perfect for. I put them on the Summit just to see what they handle like. I have a set of Goliath's on order with the blast wheels so that the car & trailer have the same rims.:cool:

#91 ·
Nah I've already got a 1 16 e revo for speed. I would love to get a 1 10 summit for the sheer size and power of it, I want it just for 4x4'ing and crawling. The mini summit is also brushless so wouldn't suit crawling as well as it's big brother because it's not as torquey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.