Australian RC Forums banner

Bug777's Summit

40K views 133 replies 32 participants last post by  bugginmad1 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I traveled down to RCHobbies today & picked up my Summit. They only got them in yesterday. I paid $899 for it. Here are some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
I had a run against another Summit lat night. He was running 2 x 8.4V - 5000mah Nmh batteries & i was using my 2 x 2s 5000mah Lipo's. There is no difference between them at top speed. Off the line he got me because i had to back off when the tow bar hit the ground. So the only real gain i can see by going lipo in a summit is more wheelies when you what them.:D

#32 ·
man if my lst2 had an ipod, it would be smashed int so many pieces by now! None the less good idea, nxt time some little midget drives his car past me with his radio blaring ino its just a summit with an ipod. thanks for the heads up!

#38 ·
Here is another use for the Summit with Kongs. They can float.
http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=497608

I am a huge Monster Truck fan and I remember many years ago the original BIG FOOT did just that down the mighty Mississippi river. It was racing a paddle boat. The BIG FOOT did loose because it couldn't scoop the water efficiently with its wheels but it did go down the river for a few miles with no signs of sinking.
If you have a bit of a googe of the net you might find the footage of the race.

#39 ·
He Bug777.....Yeh i've driven my mates & it goes ...lots of fun...and no he has'nt brocken anything yet...oh except the front l/h tyre over oysters....

Cheers
Scott

#41 ·
Thats the one Bug but these days its a very different beast. It has a all new suspensin design, chassis, fuel injection........and ofcourse it doesn't have the old metal body. Still looks like the original though (kind of).

#44 ·
Hell yeah man. Have a look at this vid. They can be submerged for a long time and still be fine. The only thing you should do is put some silicone sealant around the receiver box. It has its own rubber seal but silicone is just insurance. Also they handle deep water better with their body off. The body traps air inside and causes the truck to float temporalily and then it would just topple over. With out the body it will stay planted on the bottom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN6vo3iVxQ0&feature=related

#51 ·
I tried the boat on the trailer. Steve was kind enough to loan me a boat to try out. Here are some pics. I have still got some work to do on the polyblock & make some mud guards as well.

Attachments

#60 ·
Mate looks fantastic i just read this whole thread its a good project love the tralier mate

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.