Australian RC Forums banner

Bug777's Summit

40K views 133 replies 32 participants last post by  bugginmad1 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I traveled down to RCHobbies today & picked up my Summit. They only got them in yesterday. I paid $899 for it. Here are some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ahhh very nice another Summit owner :thumb:, I was just running the Summit on the backyard track with my new 7 cell 5000 packs and wow it's opened her right up in high range.

#10 ·
traxxas uses a different scale to most other companies. my revo 3.3 is 1/10 and its the same size as my savage and my e-revo is bigger than both the revo 3.3 and the savage and its still 1/10 scale

#12 ·
Precisely right Gen 18. There is only one truck that I can think of that has a 1:1 version and that is the Traxxas T-MAXX.(well the shell anyways) It was modeled after a monster truck by the name of T-MAXX (go figure) which competed in the american monster truck series for number of years and it was also sponsered by Traxxas for a few of those years too. Sadly it was retired last year. Sorry for the bit of useless info guys.:)

#14 ·
Sweet, more incentive to buy one...
If only it was computerised, or had an adaptor port to add one.
I wonder what tech they are basing it on? I hope the freq hopping kind.
This would be the 2nd 2.4 ghz 4 channel pistol grip radio?

#29 · (Edited)
Hi Bug,
Love the plan with the trailer. Please post pics of the trailer when you have a moment.

I have a Summit also and have made a bodgy but very effective mod for an itunes enabled boombox experience! It has an Ipod Nano in a Nike armband strapped through the roof cage and a small rechargeable speaker attached. Its actually very loud and plays for a couple of hours.
Next step is to integrate it.
It always get a laugh when my massive Summit drives up to people in the park and has some Killers or Bowie playing. ha!:cool:

I have also installed some low voltage alarms from hobbyco and now run 8000MaH 7.4v Lipos from MaxAmps. They lasted for 30 minutes solid the other day, 40 mins or more just tooling around.
---------------------
RCDobert
Traxxas Summit, Lipo enabled, IPod enabled | Traxxas Slash - stock | Traxxas Slash 1/16 VXL
Traxxas E-Revo brushless edition (BACKORDER!GRRH)
Typhoon 3D - In repair hangar | 7 helicopters - I can't fly 3D!

Attachments

#22 ·
Hey Bug777......A mate just picked up his Summit, has had three weeks of bashing & still going strong. Good job on the Tow-bar.

Cheers
Scott

#27 ·
if the posts are too long, then get yourself a set of proline extended body posts, they are longer than e revo ones but shorter than summit ones, so savage shells will fit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.