Big Block Revo - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Block Revo

That looks awsome man. Trust me I know what you mean by having trouble keeping the front down. I have 300k in my centre diff and still the thing would reach for the clouds at half throttle. And if you think your beast is powerful now wait till you get a side pipe and get about 5-6 litres on it. These engines are super tight when new and it really takes some time for them to give their best. Heat gun is your best friend with these engines when they are new. There is only one problem with your revo. It's way to clean for my liking. Throw some mud on it lol.....
    By the way try to do the diff mods I told you about soon. At least to the rear diff if you can. The diff cup will start to get chewed up with all that torque and if the diff cup breaks it could take out your crown and pinion as well the diff internals. You'll be up for almost $100 instead of $50 now. Trust me I did it my self.
    Feel sorry for your rear wing man as it's going to be getting a work out. My brother wrote on the roof of my Revo "This way up". Spends just as much time on the roof as the wheels.
    Soon I will post up a big pin mod for the transmission so keep an eye open for it.
    Anyway I am hanging to see a vid man of your beast man.
    </IMG></IMG></IMG>

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Thumbs up Getting There

Still runnin in , pretty rich - torque down !!!! Ready for racen , lowered ie Truggy style , changing quick for small track

Video still downloading
    Last edited by corney_01; 14-04-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Slayer bigblock question

Hey lads! I've been looking for a while in different forums for tips and information on big block conversions in the Slayer, and found this thread relating to the revo: Sweet!

So, I have a Slayer, just sold the 3.3 last night, seriously considering installing an Axial 28RR Spec 1 (its on my desk) and had no idea where to start...it seems there are three or four makes and styles of engine mounts available, I would like to be able to keep the pull-start on the motor if possible.

The other thing I was curious about was internal differential mods, I've purchased RD racing's diff cups and cases, are these worth it? Lastly for now are there any dogbones or cvd's that would fit the narrower Slayer?

Thank you for your help!

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

All the stuff mentioned above will work the same way on the slayer. You wont be able to run the pull start unless you get the New Era engine mount. Corney01 might have a spare one of these so PM him. As far as the diffs go the best solutions is to use the diff cup and gears from the E-Revo/E-Maxx. These are very good. The outer diff housing would be beneficial if it was made of aloy as it would stop the crown and pinion from moving out of alignment due to torque. As far as the metal CVDs go there is only one manufacturer that I am aware of. The company is called FLM but you will have to buy them from the states. Check out the traxxas forum for the info on that one. Anything else just ask mate.
    BASH-BREAK-FIX-REPEAT. ALWAYS REPEAT.

Yes i have the New Era conversion kit for sale complete with instuctions $50.00 posted brand new bought by error

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIiGltYb7I8
    Last edited by corney_01; 18-04-2009 at 12:28 AM.

Any comments?? Input ??

NICE. Looks good and sounds good too. I think that there is lot more in it left but its going to take a few litres before it starts to really loosen up and starts making the power levels that it should.
    Are you using a centre diff? I found that the CD was one of the best handling improvements I have ever made to mine. I like your no holding back on the jumps driving style. Where abouts is that track you're on?
    It looks like you have an awsome truck there Corney.

Thx BB , the track is up near Newcastle. I am running the CD , power is still down but getting there. I am putting the side exhaust on it today should make a big differance.
    That was my first attempt on an offroad track , those jumps are an art to be mastered.

I really do like that track. Surface seems smooth. Big block Revos need a bit of a different jumping technique. With a bigger engine they are little more back heavy plus there is so much torque that you have to back of the throttle as you leave the jump or it will end up landing on the wing. You would probably have to jab the brakes in mid flight to bring the front end down as well. For me jumps are little easier than the turns. I always go in too hot and end up on the lid. My brother wrote on the trany skid plate "OTHER SIDE UP".
    Which side pipe are you going with? What fluids are you running in your diffs? Don't worry too much about the power levels yet. Your engine is going to be still way to tight to give real good performance. Be patient. When that monster of yours wakes up you wont know what to do with all the power. I also see that you also ordered the mini revo. Apparently they are capable of running on 4S. I will wait a little while before I order the batteries and see how other people go with it.

</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Thank you for the information! Once I figure out P.M.s all will be good!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-block View Post
    I really do like that track. Surface seems smooth. Big block Revos need a bit of a different jumping technique. With a bigger engine they are little more back heavy plus there is so much torque that you have to back of the throttle as you leave the jump or it will end up landing on the wing. You would probably have to jab the brakes in mid flight to bring the front end down as well. For me jumps are little easier than the turns. I always go in too hot and end up on the lid. My brother wrote on the trany skid plate "OTHER SIDE UP".
    Which side pipe are you going with? What fluids are you running in your diffs? Don't worry too much about the power levels yet. Your engine is going to be still way to tight to give real good performance. Be patient. When that monster of yours wakes up you wont know what to do with all the power. I also see that you also ordered the mini revo. Apparently they are capable of running on 4S. I will wait a little while before I order the batteries and see how other people go with it.

</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Yeh i know with the jumping you'll notice i started of jumping ok then got excited with to much throttle, more practise required.
    Ive put a Max power pipe on it makes a big difference , my center diff is running 200K rest on the car is setup to Steve Slaydens specs.
    Cant wait for the tiny buggers to arrive should be good fun Im trying to negotiate with amain for a price on 3 so the kids can play also
    Last edited by corney_01; 24-04-2009 at 09:01 AM.

Wow

WOW , what a differance with the new pipe
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow that is a tough looking Revo. Even more so with a side pipe. The only thing thats got me buggered is the toe in on the left rear wheel looks excessive. Might be just the pics. Also I use 300k oil in the CD. Tried 500k but the turn in to the corners was not as sharp. 300k Seems spot on for me. Also what type of clutch are you using? Which clutch bell and spur gear size? Sorry for the questions but I always like to know what others are using.
    Yeah I cant wait for the mini revo. The only thing that is pi55ing me off is that it might not be able to run in 4s mode. Looks like a 3s is going to be the limit of the esc with the lipo batts. Seems the high voltage cut off might be a problem. I might be able to switch it of and use an external voltage cut off. Might work but then again I might smoke the esc or the motor or even both. Oh well lets wait and see. For now it looks like if you want to chase speed with it you will have to go with the NiMh batteries in serial mode. Also I have plans of extending the battery compartments and possibly going with dual motors and dual esc's. I will have to get measurements and go from there. I have access to a cnc machine so motor mounting plate wont be a problem if there is room.
    Anyway sorry for the questions and bllabing on. Revo looks great.

And heres the run with pipe

Mate what an eye you have , that wheel got buckled when i run up newcastle.. Any tips on fixing a buckled wheel?? you seem to know everything LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKX-s_IodJY

Oh how I wish I knew it all. I wouldn't have lost half my house to a woman if I knew it all.
    The only thing that I could suggest is that you can try boiling it. Some times the heat from the hot water can turn the plastic back to its original shape and once cooled it should keep that shape. It does not work with all types of plastic but it shouldn't cause any further damage to it neither. Also boiling your wheels will break down the glue thats holding the tyres on. No big deal as you can just re-glue them. Any way I wish you luck with them.
    </IMG>

R/C Newbie

New ere mount carb throtle linkage & servo wheel & rear manifold 4 stock pipe possy

THANK GOOD FOR THIS POST YOUR A LIFE SAVER!! I'M IN THE PROSESS OF DOING THE SAME THING BUT MY NEW ERE MOUNT AND THROTTLE LINK IS JUST FLAT & YOUR 1 HAS A ANGLE! DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND WITH MINE! (Q1) DO YOU THINK THIS WILL BE A PROB & CAN YOU BUY THAT PART INDERVIDUALY? OR SHOULD I JUST FIND A MASHENER WHO CAN MAKE ONE UP!?! (Q2)THAT WHEEL ON YOUR SERVO WERE DO I GET ONE OF THEM??? LOOKS LIKE ITS PRETTY NESSARY!!?!! & FINALL (Q3) I HAVE BEEN LOOKING EVERY WEAR FOR A REAR PIPE MANIFOLD THAT SUITS THE LRP-ZR.30 BUT HAVE HAS NO SUCSESS PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE I CAN GET 1!!??!! ANY HELP IS GREATLY APRECATED!!!!!!! & FINALY I THOUGHT I COULD GET AWAY WITH USEING THE STOCK TRAXXAS CLUTCHBELL ETC... BUT SEE YOU CANT WERE CAN I PICK UP THE SETUP U USED AND IF ITS NOT 2 MUCH OF A HASTLE PLS LIST THE PARTS!!????!! I'M WILLING 2 PAY U FOR THIS INFO IF IT DOSENT BREACH THIS SITES RULES SO IF YOU WANTED TO GET BAK TO ME ON [email protected] WE COULD WORK SOMETHING OUT!!!! THANKS AGAIN,R/C GOD!!!!! & I KNOW UR A BIZZY, PLS RSAP

You wont be paying me for nothing mate. Knowledge should be free on this forum. If anyone asks you for money just for knowledge then name and shame them. I don't think that most around here would take kindly to someone taking advantage of people like that. Anyway I have sent you a PM with everything I could remember. Been a while since I have owned that particular Revo.

R/C Newbie
    THANK-YOU VERY MUCH!! YEAH I KNOW! I DID COME OFF KIND DESPERATE! LOL BUT INFO LIKE YOUR INSITE IS HARD TO COME BY ON THE WORLD WODE WEB!! , THANKS AGAIN & AS SOON AS I FIGER OUT MY HOW 2 GET 2 THE PM (PRIVEATE MESSAGE????) I'LL PROB AVE SOME FOLLOW UP Qs!?! HOPE YOU DONT MIND (=

R/C Newbie
    LRPZR.30X INTO A 3.3 REVO ON HOW TO! ATT: ANYONE LOOKING TO PUT A LRPzr.30X (With 360degre roto start) INTO A REVO 3.3 tra5309, THIS IS THE POST TO READ, VERY RELIABLE & EXCELLENT RESOURCES OF DETAILED INSALATION INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

R/C Newbie
    any updates on your blokes revo's?

Looking to go for a reddot 26 or a lrp 28-32 once the 3.3 decides to kick the bucket =D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12