Australian RC Forums banner

Is RC hobbies shop closed?

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  PC WIZ 
#1 ·
I have tried to call them on the phone (9564-0822).

Tried all day Saturday, between open hours Sunday, and this morning but no one answer's the phone!

Not even an answer machine to say what's going on or take a message.

:bang:

Pretty poor effort I recon!

Brett.

#4 ·
Just got a hold of them!

They don't like phones do they!

Hey Haydrick,

I hav'nt run it yet, though i have started it.

The front wheel bearings are all pretty rough so those are going to be replaced.

Got a header pipe for it (not the original) from a Cen car but it has the right bend and screw spacing. $43 :eek: from NBHC, rip offs!

I'll let you know when i have run it!

What is a good starting point for the low speed needle?

Cheers, Brett.

#6 ·
Just ran it! :eek::eek::eek:

Threw a spur gear though!

One screw fell out and the spur was destroyed.

Back to the drawing board.

Will have to pull it apart and put thread-lock on all screws. :thumb:

Cheers, Brett.

#8 · (Edited)
Get it going! :D:D:D. Two tanks, running slow, tuning the engine.

Two tanks of "Total Bliss"!

Then :(, one screw came out of the spur after 2 runs and it melted.

$10 and a trip to Leichardt. Bet the screws don't come with it, that will be another $4.95. If they have it in stock! Bet it has to be ordered and will take 2 weeks to get it. URGH!

So far i have bought all new wheels and rims, new bearings 3/16 X 3/8 (from North Shore Bearings) Hornsby, fresh fuel, new exhaust coupling, new exhaust manifold, CA glue, 12 X 2500mah AA's with charger and two fuel filters.

I got the header pipe from my LHS, it's not the original but the salesman took all his header pipes of the shelf, took them out of their packets and found a "CEN" type "G70336" with the right bend and screw spacing that fits it better than the original. $43.00!

My LHS is Priceless.

They also helped me with extra long ball connector balls for the rear end, the others were stripped out of the plastic. I got some long enough to go through the mounting point and put a nut on the back.

Cost me about $200+ so far

It was fun! I can't wait till tommorrow so i can get the part and do it again.

I think it will need a gearbox re-build very soon, because there are strange noises comming from it and the right rear A arm is cracked at it's mount point so i will have to get one of those too.

Here is a pic of the exhaust set up and the new rear tyres.

Cheers, Brett.

Attachments

#9 ·
Good to hear - I think that's probably the longest continous run that car has ever had! Like the new wheels!

Don't forget the parts that came with the car - think there were some wheel bearings and arms in there. Also I've heard that some parts are the same as LSTs. So may be worth taking the part you are after down to the store incase they have an alternative. Saves you from waiting.

#10 ·
Thanks for the tip on the LST parts.

The spare bearings must be for the gearbox or the rear wheels, the front wheel bearings are a different size.

I hav'nt broken anything i have spares for yet, but i will be less stressed when i do!

Anyway I have to ring RC Hobbies now to try to get the spur gear, hope they answer the phone :rolleyes: wish me luck!

Cheers, Brett.

#13 ·
OK! I called RC hobbies and got an answer within 30 seconds!

Today i went to RC Hobbies, first i called them to make sure they had the part, then i went to the Leichardt shop and got what i wanted, off the shelf!

I had to go through a bargain bin myself to find what i was looking for but i got what i was lookng for.

Top marks guys, keep it up!

Cheers, Brett.

#15 · (Edited)
Yeh! Flat out like lizzards drinkin' from what i saw, within the hour I was there today :eek:.

Go RC Hobbies, Go!

Cheers, Brett. :thumb:

#17 ·
Hmmm!

Poor communicators, :eek:.

I guess we all have a little of that in us.

Hey smallnails, did you sell your Evader yet?

Cheers, Brett.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.