Who reads Australian RC magazines?
    Senior Moderator

Just a plug for our local publications - anyone read them? There's only 2:-

Racing Lines

RC Cars for Dirt & Track (aka "Dirt & Track")

Support our local publishers, boys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

racing lines all the way mate!!!

Nismo

R/C Guru
    racing lines is the only aussie mag worth reading. dirt and track suck balls
    Now with the power of 50 lemons in every can!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

HAHAHHHA agree there mate....only read it once at the shop, and put it down..

Nismo

R/C Apprentice

I prefer Dirt and Track actually, as I find it's reviews more interesting... and I like the lack of ads. Also, I grew up on D&T back in the old days, so I prefer it's style.

Not as big a fan of Racing Maloo Ute Lines... although I buy it most of the time because there's not much else to read...

Alex

dirt and track is ***..its fullla crap-maxx's and all those grand vigour lumps of junk...a good read is RC Driver...its a new magazine..but its relly good

i read racing lines, does g.v models own that mag or what? every second page there is a g.v models car or truck on there. But im still a fan of it.

Senior Moderator

Trinity must own RC Car Action by the amt of ads there is... by them and all their related companies eg EPIC etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNo-vs-SAVAGE
    ...a good read is RC Driver...its a new magazine..but its relly good

Nah - they spent the months before #1 giving out all the big hype and how they are going to do so different from the rest... but now they are out - where's the big deal??! Its all the same old crud as all the others.

No magazine ever publishes "bad" reviews anymore.

yeah i noticed that...which sucked...i wish they would so people would know what to avoid

i dislike aussie mags its just gv model stuff im a nitro rc rccaraction fella

Senior Moderator

Unfortunately the GV range does sell a lot, especially since they have had the Monaro/Falcon/Commodore/Ute shells on them. They walk out the door like you would not believe, some ppl even buy them just for shelf display.

And with their latest belt-drive chassis, it ain't even too bad a car now. Nothing too special, but heaps better than their first efforts which were something horrid.

i reckon if they could buy the plans off of someone like hpi or tamiya or someone and do a shaft drive..good quality car...at a reasonable price....then you would have a winner....more people would get into rc...cos most people use the GV cars for bashing around the street...rocks get caught in gears, belts etc and there hell..my mate had one a year or so ago..he shoved it on ebay...made his money back and went about baught a tg10 wich was a hell of a lot better

jus my '02

Senior Moderator

Nah, disagree. The 1st car *was* a shaftdrive derived from the Colts, it was 2WD with optional 4WD. Shaftdrive cars will still have the same lot of gears. That 1st car was a handling horror.

Some clubs have a GV class aka "race what you brung / Novice". But generally speaking, most of the ppl who buy these RTRs never make it to the racetrack.

Its a big marketing thing -- to have a 'petrol' car on the market for < $500 or complete with Holden/Ford body. Quality, handling & design of chassis is only a secondary concern imho.

Besides GV is usually recognised at being the bottom of the RC foodchain, so it doesn't hurt their reputation anyways. Bit like Daewoo eh?

hahah thats a good point...but atleast there puitting out theses budget cars to get people into RC...the 2 cars that got me hooked and made me want an rc for ages is the tamiya super hornet...my mate had one ontop of his chest of draws since i was a lilly...and a GV umm cant memebre which one..but it was rear wheel drive and came with a VT GTS body i think....handled like crap was reliable as crap...and one interfearance glitch and it mounted the curb..3 feet of air at WOT then into a telephone poll...id neva seen a chasis with a 90 degree bend jus afta the radio tray....jus abuot everything broke on it that day...so he went out and bouhgt a TG10