Australian RC Forums banner

A day at the park

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  toecutter 
#1 ·
Took the baja for its first real spin with the rear dom (courtesy of AUSRC) can really see a difference in performance, and sound! All was going well until a bad cartwheel caused a broken shock shaft end (moment of impact can be seen in last photo) looks like I will be putting in the phat dad shaft that I have.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like you had fun till then. I can not believe how much the heat from the last few weeks has killed the grass,The spot i go to all ways had nice green grass even thats half dead its a bugger grass gets stuck around the motor more than ever but it does make some mad 2 line marks and they look good. You can see were i'v been and you get the best rooster tail to go.

#3 ·
ouch!!!! Tell you what....been o a track today at liverpool or near there were there is a rc track next to the road. tried my baja 5t on the 1/8 course and I collected more tires which line the track than dirt time. Now thats a challenge.
felt like a total dit there. it was fun.... Anyway would you know a good place around sydney for bashing...only for 1/5 scale...with jumps and wide open spaces? Kurnell is to sandy as my rig isnot set up for dunes....

#4 ·
JohnJohn, still looking around for the ideal bashing spot, I am in the St George area and its really hard to find anything remotely useable. I am not really set up for sand either, didn't really stop me though, took it for a spin on the beach at low tide, might put some pics up, also took it for a run at some dunes on 7 mile beach on the south coast. 7 mile beach was better than the beach at low tide as it was softer dunes. Don't have any pics from that outing though.

Still looking for a good dirt bashing spot, there is one in peakhurst but its too small for the baja, might have to get the LST2 off the shelf and up and running again...

#5 ·
Nice action shot! You can see the rear shock flying off in the last one!

Yeah, I've been looking around the area as well - haven't found anything. The parks aren't really usable with people and dogs coming in.. and the Dom doesn help either.

I might wait till mid year and get another 6 mth pass to Kurnell again. Although the sand is abit rough, the area is nice and open and you don't have to worry about people or noise.

Where about's is the Peakhurst one?

#6 ·
Haydrick,

Roberts rd, on the corner across the road from the council depot, just before (and across from) the tennis courts as you come down the hill off boundary rd its not big enough for the baja, you will run out of room quickly. good for the LST2 or a Savage, its a small bunch of bmx jumps, its usually quiet when i go past.

#8 ·
Yeah got a bit of a crowd. In particular 3, 14-16 yr old boys who were watching in amazement. When I was done they came over to have a look all smiles and with hope in their eyes, one of them coyly asked "how much are they?" I told them. I have never seen smiles become frowns quicker, and the glint in their eyes was replaced with a glazed over distant stare......I said "boys get a job and save your pennies because its the most fun you can have with your pants on."

#9 ·
That photo is awesome. You can actually see the shock parts flying through the air. Timing is everything I guess.

BTW... those SS shocks all seem to bust out at the same point. A saw at least 3 Bajas taken out at the Summer Series yesterday with the same problem. Moving away from the threaded ballends does not seem to have been an improvement. Certainly the larger SS Shafts are great, but the ball ends appear to be crap.

#10 ·
That photo is my favourite too, I have put as my desktop background. My sister actually took the photos, not a bad photographer *cough* burst mode *cough*.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.