Australian RC Forums banner

bash spot waste land!!! lots of pics

18K views 87 replies 18 participants last post by  Banga 
#1 ·
Ok here the area as discussed with a few of the boys today

See less See more
#74 ·
Boy's I'm sorry but I have been laid up with the flu for the past 3 days and I feel like ****e!
Considering it's a 2.5 hour minimum round trip for me I will have to pass today.
Have an awesome time boy's I'll see you next time......:mad:

#75 ·
well guys thanks for a great time, I had a blast it was great to get some 1/5th scale all together at once. Dave that truck has some impressive speed and great baja hoping skills, also thanks to MM for the parts pinching to keep me going. Hope we can do it again.
Dave, any chance of some photos?

cheers
Pete

#76 ·
Can do Pete.

Allanach JR: little devil got more run time than everybody.

Cammo:

Stevo 1918:

Pete05: (FG Monster truck speed hump).

Sorry about that Pete...... awesome crash though.

#77 ·
Allanach: Note rear tyres:thumb:

Monaroman:

I missed Haydrick, Monaromans SS and my Baja but got most of them.

Nice to meet you pete and sorry you couldn't make it Dean.

#79 ·
Thanks for the afternoon guys - It was great fun. :thumb:

Nice shots Mrs Allanach - look forward to seeing them all.

Thanks to Cammo for getting me to the site - I somehow think my Corolla just wouldn't have cut it.

Cheers,

Steve

#80 ·
Looks like you guys had fun and you probably just missed us by about an hour or two.

We were down there at about after 11'ish to about 1:30pm or so..:D (grasshopper, monkey magic, mazda ute and myself)

We got in there ok (including the Camry...oh what a feeling!!) and mainly bashed around the area with the moguls and small ramp/jump area (the area in the first of Pete05's pics of the thread)

Although it was great to let the Baja's loose on the dirt we found you couldn't seem to go any more than half throttle without the baja's jumping up and around all over the place due to all the ruts the area...

We then went up to the bigger open field area with the grassy plains for a look before heading off. After that we headed out to Castle Hill showground for a good old bash session around the grounds!!:thumb: All in all a good Baja day:D

As usual i've attached a few pics below.

Cheers
Zilla.
</IMG></IMG>

Attachments

#82 · (Edited)
Great photos Dave:thumb:, would like to see some more at some stage even via email if possible. Thats a great shot of stevo 1918 with air under all four wheels:D.

I been bashing on that jet pro all morning, its slowly coming back into shape as it was bent in 2 places. Havent even bothered with the front end yet:bang:

#84 ·
I been bashing on that jet pro all morning, its slowly coming back into shape as it was bent in 2 places. Havent even bothered with the front end yet:bang:
I've been painting all morning...........and all afternoon.
I know what I'd rather be doing!:)

Cheers,

Steve

#86 ·
Hey Luke,
It's called the Drop Zone (for Locals) and it was used by the RAAF to trial drops out of the back of Hercules etc....

I bashed there last year in August on one of my trips down to Sydney but i kept losing the wheel because of a stuffed front left hub.....

We used to go out there and fly planes many years ago (early 90's) but since I've moved back up here (Qld) I think they have let that place go.

I used to live not far from there at Emu Plains and that was one of the area's we would learn how to stuff the clutch in a 1/1 scale car doing burnouts on the red dirt tracks around that particular area, when we were on our 'P' plates, ahhh those were the days.

p.s Sarah's Grave isnt far from there on Church Lane, but thats another story for another day....:eek:

Cheers
Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.