Australian RC Forums banner

LPR size Truggy tires list

55K views 147 replies 17 participants last post by  dvestate 
#1 · (Edited)
Available Australia to date (that I know of, see ps below)

Losi ,XTT--- losa7780(Blue=s)( only one compound)
Losi/GRP ,Gripp--- losa7782(Blue=s only)/GG07(A=m or X=s)
Losi/GRP ,Cubic--- losa7781(Blue=s only)/GG08(A=m or X=s)
Proline ,Bow Ties--- 1140(xtr=m or m2=s or m3=xs)
Proline ,Crime Fighters--- 1141(xtr=m or m2=s or m3=xs)
Proline ,Hole Shots--- 1139(xtr=m or m2=s)
VP PRO ,Cut Offs--- 902(s=soft or m=medium)
Hong Nor ,X---B(37=moulded insert or 38=foam insert)
AKA ,I Beam---14101(S or M or H)
AKA , City Block---14102(S or M or H)
Losi ,Reptile--- losa7783(Blue=s or Y=m)
Losi ,Eclipse--- losa7784(Blue only)
Jconcept ,Cross Hairs 1/2ups--- J3025(01=s or 00=m)
Jconcept ,Doudle D 1/2ups--- J3024(01=s or 00=m )
Panther ,38Gator---paht157(ms=medium s or s=soft)
Panther ,38Switch2.0---paht156(c=medium or s=soft)
LRP Vtec ,Kamikaze---LRP65520(ss=supersoft or s=soft or m=medium)
LRP Vtec ,Suicide---LRP65522(ss=supersoft or s=soft or m=medium)
LRP Vtec ,Harakiri---LRP65524(ss=supersoft ors=soft or m=medium)
AKA ,Gridiron---14103(S or M or H)

New VTR proline with new inserts (similar but different to LPR)
Needs special VTR rims !
Proline ,VTR Revolver---PR9031(01=M2 or 02=M3)
Proline ,VTR Calibre---PR9032(01=M2 or 02=M3)
be carefull when glueing calibres, they are directional.
Proline ,VTR Rims std 0 offset--PR2800(02=yellow or 04=white)
Proline ,VTR Rims 1/2" offset--PR2801(02=yellow or 04=white)

ps; If anyone knows of others and part numbers etc..tires only not premounts, please add to this thread..Remember, only tires to fit LPR size rims (or equivilent) thanks.

Most are available in Australia now, but some you may be better off looking at getting from OverSeas !

Please feel free to copy this list into your folder for future referance ;-)

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Jeff.

Just a referance for anybody lookin for more options.

Like I said, if something in bottom columb should be in top columb or if I have missed any, let us know here.

Flanno

PS; I know the new rtr TA rc8t and new lrp truggy will have their own LPR size rubber, but don't know as yet if will be available tires only or part number or compound etc...will update list as I find out (if come tires only,non mounted)etc...etc...

#4 ·
good work there mate.
1 thing that would be good to know is peoples feed back on the diffrent tyres and their thoughts ect.

myself i have only used LPR crimefighters in m3 compound. (m3 harder then m2? i have the harder set)

#5 ·
xtr is Hard, M2 is medium and M3 is soft.(proline)

Bartman, feed back on the different tires is hard. It depends on the track surface as to what tire you choose, if you race, if you not raceing go for the harder compounds for longevity.
I myself use;
proline bow ties or Grp/Losi grip on a track not groomed where a lot of loose rocks etc,
proline crime fighters or hong nor X or VP cut offs on a slightly cleaner track,
GRP/Losi cubic or XTT on a slight blue groove track,
proline holeshots on a full blue groove (or in the rain),

medium compounds on a dry track or high weather temps,
softer compounds on a hosed or damp track or cooler weather,

flat - carcus tire on smooth groomed track,
rounded ^ carcus tire on rutty type track,

etc etc. see what i mean, you just have to choose tire to suit the track conditions etc so I cant say one tire is better than another.

ps;in 1st post, should I include what type inserts in what tire?

#6 ·
know what you mean about tyre choice. it is going to be hard for us in tassie ATM we are now running on a grass track till our new track is built. should be done around july we hope but no idea on the surface or lay out yet. lol

#8 ·
Best tyre for Grass has got to be the xtm Grinders, nearly all truggy drivers at RRC are using them. I have them mounted on AE LPR's. They have a buggy type bead, so mounting is a chore. some guys are using ST Pro rims (even on trucks that run zero offset), some are trimming the outer bead off the wheels. Me I mounted them on the tops of the wheel beads and they seem to be sticking (using loctite 401). Had three meets on them so far and stuck hard!

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/149932.asp

Model engines are bringing them in (thanks to moi :D ), so ask your LHS. They won't be here til mid-late january though.

#9 ·
Just found out that the Jconcept(HEI) and the Losi tires(O'Reilly) in bottom columb in the first post, will be available some time early 2009.
I've added the Aussie importers in brackets.

#13 · (Edited)
Why not make this thread a sticky ?

Invaluable to a newbie :thumb:

Peter :)

I don't know how !

The LRP RTR Truggy is out, but don't know if the tires that come on it are available seperate or not, they are called Kamikaze by VTEC (if any body has a way of finding out, please do)
and post info here.

The Associated RTR Truggy is also out (rc pitt) my source is on the job for me, finding out if tires available seperatelly, part # etc...
When I know, I will post it.

#11 ·
I'm running the XTM Grinders, modded to suit the LPR rims.
Basically I Dremel off both internal ribs of the LPRs, and then the XTM Grinders fit on the rims perfectly. But you have to use a quality glue. I used the Team Much More stuff...it's perfect!

#12 ·
Actually, I have also been running WERKS w's wich are meant to fit onto a standard size truggy rim (not LPR size) but do stretch onto an Associated lpr rim with no mods to rim or tire, use 2nd hand inserts from losi Grip or Cubic.
That has been done for a while in the U.S.A with other brand standard size tires with losi rims, before more variaty of lpr size tires became available, but they used to cut the bead off the tyre first.
I did try this a couple of times to use a particular tread type, but found that way to be unreliable.
Your way and my new way seems to last and hold better.
There is not much use for doing this now as more and more lpr treads are coming out all the time, except for you grass racers so far wanting to run tires like grinders but as low profile for more reaction times etc...

#15 ·
hahahhaha source.......... just write Rube, and ask, or tell anf0 to do it when he's in there next ;)

Ok Ok, its Ruben (RC PITT) checking that out for me.

But some credit to me, I have done most the sourcing (on the web) myself, and even tried most the tires in my first post !

#17 ·
Anfo, any info yet ?

The LRP RTR Truggy is out, but don't know if the tires that come on it are available seperate or not, they are called Kamikaze by VTEC (if any body has a way of finding out, please do)
and post info here.

The Associated RTR Truggy is also out (rc pitt) my source is on the job for me, finding out if tires available seperatelly, part # etc...
When I know, I will post it.[/quote]

Just found out-
PROLINE just released new LPR tires for truggy,
"REVOLVERS", not know part numbers yet thou,
Won't be available in Aus. for 5-6 weeks.
Just in time for NSW Titles.
My source has a set coming, for me to try !

#18 ·
onlinerc.com.au has just gotten in the new VP-Pro truggy tires in case your interested.

let me know how the revolvers go too. i've been keen to try some on the buggy as well. probably the standard on front and revolver V3's on rear

#19 ·
I've allready got some VP', but thanks.

Most good hobby shops should be able to get most of the tires I've listed.
You only need to ask for what you want if they don't stock the ones you are after.

(RC PIT, supplies me with most mine now) actually has supplied most the tires I've listed, I only had to ask for them by "brand, tread name and part number + compound".

Give as much info as possible to make it easy for your hobby shop to track some down for you !

#21 ·
If RC pitt doesn't have what you looking for, he can get em for you.

Except Hong nor X and AKA's .

#24 ·
I haven't been able to find one either.

May have an e mail ?

Or

Phone them !

#26 ·
For you Sydney guy's, I have just found out that AKA's will be available soon from HOBBIES R US.

I have just tried the VP's on the weekend, thou I didn't use the foams provided, They were good. Actually very good !
See thread = lrrcc dirt challenge 22.03.09. in events section.

I am still waiting on some losi eclipse, reptiles and Jconsept cross hairs to try, I will keep you's updated !

#27 ·
For those of you that are after AKA tyres, they are now being distributed by Ryper Hobbies in Perth.

Have fun.

#30 ·
I think so also, Revolvers.

including the crosshairs and the city blocks mentioned in my previous posts.

Or below tires when come out !

Proline has also a newer buggy tire "Caliber" wich I'm told will be done for truggy also, like revolvers for buggy first, then did them for truggy. Caliber !

http://www.buggy-pitstop.com/wordpress/

I guarantee if you like to keep informed on whats new in RC racing, you'l put this site in your favorites and check out every page !

#32 ·
Yeh, AKA I feel set the bench mark, a tire designed for racers by racers Pavidas and Losi jr, and all the other brands have noticed what the racers want, so have come up with different versions of their own, aimed at clay tracks that change characteristics during a race meet, going from dusty loose track to a clean blue track using only one tire type for the whole meet.
As the track changes, the tire changes as it wears to an underlying tread type that suits a blue track !

Reactions: Daniel.308
#34 ·
We are almost getting to much choice!!!!

I'm keen to look at the AKA's as they are getting good reviews and sound like they have really good wear times, I'll just have to wait till Flanno tests them all for us :D

#35 ·
Hey Flanno

What tires do you suggest I use at Moorebank? I have been using the Proline LPR Crimefighters 1/2 offset... But still want to change around and experiment with different tires? I was thinking of putting Proline bowties on the rear and crimefighters at the front?

Let me know

Cheers

#37 ·
Hey Flanno

What tires do you suggest I use at Moorebank? I have been using the Proline LPR Crimefighters 1/2 offset... But still want to change around and experiment with different tires? I was thinking of putting Proline bowties on the rear and crimefighters at the front?

Let me know

Cheers
I still havent found what I'm 100% happy with on the new surface.

The BOWFIGHTERS combo seems to be ok for some of the buggy guys, so give it a shot.
I was going to try some combo's this week, the track is still new, so it will keep changing still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.