22K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  Mr.Leopard 
#1 · (Edited)
Ratio Petrol........1 Litre........2 Liters.........3 Liters........ 5 Liters
To Oil

25:1 ..................40ml...........80ml.............120ml............200ml

32:1 ..................30ml...........60ml..............90ml............155ml

#4 ·
I have for about 12 months Monster............:thumb:

I was running 50.1 for about 10 litres with octane boost but blew a few rings so I changed back.
Just a little experimenting, you have to try now and then :cool:

#8 ·
Amazingly Dr Allanach hasn't replied to this thread yet... :confused::p

#11 ·
Sorry to bother, but just a quick one about oil. Dr. Allanach might shed some light.

I run BP Ultimate (98RON I believe) with Castrol Power 1 TTS Racing 2T two stroke fully synthetic oil. Used twelve litres so far without a single hiccup at 25:1 (or 240ml in my 6 litre tin).

After noticing smoke from exhaust, I realised I'd put too much oil into my tin, making it about a 20:1 mix (major brain fart:eek:)

The car goes like it always did, sounds the same, takes off and goes just as quick, just a hint of exhaust smoke. My question, will this be OK, I've already put two tanks like this through it. Sorry to bother again.

#19 ·
Sorry to bother, but just a quick one about oil. Dr. Allanach might shed some light.

I run BP Ultimate (98RON I believe) with Castrol Power 1 TTS Racing 2T two stroke fully synthetic oil. Used twelve litres so far without a single hiccup at 25:1 (or 240ml in my 6 litre tin).

After noticing smoke from exhaust, I realised I'd put too much oil into my tin, making it about a 20:1 mix (major brain fart:eek:)

The car goes like it always did, sounds the same, takes off and goes just as quick, just a hint of exhaust smoke. My question, will this be OK, I've already put two tanks like this through it. Sorry to bother again.
yeah i just started using the same 2 stroke oil, i have a 800hp rx3 & use this with fuel cause being a rotary they come factory with oil feed set up, this has been taken away so i use 2 sproke oil in it, anyway. yeah the Castrol Power 1 TTS Racing 2T two stroke fully synthetic oil. just changing to that i reallly feel it has better acleleration in my baja so i'll keep using it, very happy with it, just been mixing it 25:1...

#13 ·
Well I know how much I've used out of my mix, and how much oil I put in, so I can work it out and drop in the extra bit of fuel to dilute it to the proper mix again.

Thanks for the info:thumb:

#17 · (Edited)
Fuel container

Guy's

Just go to a local lawn mower place and you can pick up one of these new plastic bottles that have all the measurements on them. All you do is add the petrol, up to the marking point & then add the oil to the required ratio.

It's the easiest thing I have ever bought.

Cheers

maxit

#23 ·
Guys i Use This From DDM Klotz Super Techniplate Oil (Quart - 946ml)
Its pure synthetic blended with 20% racing castor Oil. I Find it works great and havnt had a problem . And Smells Great not like someone has just mowed the lawn LOL. 200ml to 5L.

#25 ·
Switched to royal purple... 25 to 1 and have leaned it out... No drama's and goes like stink... Probably too much for rear wheel drive at our track

Hmmm MCD?????????

#26 ·
what iverealised is that the oil makes a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference as with the fuel too, at a recent bash session my mates baja was runninglike crap, hard to start, not much exhaust smoke, same pipes only i got a 26s and he got a 23, after he ran out of fuel i threw sum ofmine in there to see if it made a difference, night and day difference, his went so much better, louder, sounded crispier and took off 10 times quicker than before

#29 ·
aslong as your paying $25+ a bottle its usualy a good synthetic or semi synthetic oil and you should be fine, dont use marine oil lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.