Australian RC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

radio problem ?

5K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  towie964 
#1 ·
hey guys I hope this is in the right section..

im new the the rc heli scene and recently got a 4ch apache from ebay. it only seems to work when the arial of the radio control is within 30cms of the heli ? and once it starts to fly, it gets about 2m away from the control and it loses signal ?

there is a small light in the ****pit that goes green when its picking up a signal and red when it isnt (i think thats its purpose ?) and this light only goes green when the arial is pretty much touching the heli !

also, i have now noticed that only the bottom rotor is spinning ? and the top rotor starts to spin only when i move the left and right stick. (this is when the heli is sitting on the floor obviously because i cant fly it :mad:)

can anyone help me out ? been dying to fly this thing

thanks

Wade

#3 ·
yep brand new ones in the radio and fully charged batt in the heli. i thought this may of been the prob so made sure they were all charged. tested the ones in the radio too...all good

it just doesnt seem to pick up a signal when i move the control away ? and now the top rotors arent spinning either...only when i move the left and right stick ?

#6 ·
What is the heli?
You should try to adjust the EPA (End Point Adjustments) to factory settings then see what happens. Double check your settings on the controller (im assuming its digital) and check over the reciever in the heli, especially the ariel and all the plugs.

#7 ·
Can you give a link to the heli you've got ?
Some come with 2.4Ghz radios , most seem to have 35/36/40/72 Mhz radios, and most are very basic radios too ...

#8 ·
hey guys thanks for the replys. In regards to EPA and heli reciever, i wouldnt have a clue what that is. I took it to a habby shop and he rekons its a reciever problem or possibly something wrong with the crystal ? what ever that is

anyway this is a link to one exactly like mine. http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Channel-APACH...NameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em122I think i might have to scrap this one and buy a new one. let me know what u guys think.

thanks

#9 ·
Get one of these http://www.wattsuprc.com.au/product_detail.asp?pid=EK1H-E012A-M1

At least Wattsuprc have parts and are great for service too ...

It'd be a waste of time taking it to 99% of hobby shops ; very few understand helis ; even less understand radios!.. A heli club'd be you're best bet , but that heli is on 72Mhz, ( radio frequency ) which is illegal in Aus ....

#12 ·
Dont Waste you $

Hi mate

You better not buy any more of the 4ch heli they all crap I have over 40 of them from trex 100 to avatar on and on they are bad news bro,just buy some thing biger like 250 heli but set it up 4ch to fly or set up 6ch as is but no 3D untill you get better ?and you can enjoy more indoor and out door fly

#15 ·
Agreed, thread has whiskers on it.

I would hope the OP has sorted his issues by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.