Australian RC Forums banner

Tamiya TRF801XT Truggy

18K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  N-1 
#1 ·
Well, it seems like Tamiya have decided to jump on the truggy bandwagon and design a truggy of their own, and we all know how tamiya can sometimes release some pretty funky stuff (the good funky that is :)).

It will be considered a high end competition vehicle from the company so it will be in the form of a kit. No news on prebuilt or rtr just yet.

From the tamiya site.

The 801Xt is a 1/8th scale competition level assembly Truggy kit, designed and tested in Southern California, USA. The highly efficient drive system comes from the optimized placement of the front and rear propeller shafts. The drive-line is virtually straight, which offers the most efficient drive-line possible in its class. The 801Xt chassis has plenty of adjustability to fine tune it for the most demanding of race tracks across the globe. TRF drivers from all parts of the world will be piloting this new competition level Truggy in the coming months in an effort to exploit its potential and further develop the new line of 801Xt options soon to come!

Kit Features
3mm A7075 hard anodized Duralumin chassis
Machined aluminum shock towers, steering knuckles and engine mounts
Low wear, efficient straight line drive train
Carbon fiber servo plate and upper decks
Sealed radio box
Full ball bearings
Sealed bevel gear differentials
Spiral cut ring and pinion gears
Lock nut captured suspension hinge pins
Universal drive shafts
3 shoe aluminum clutch
15mm Large volume shocks with boots
17mm wheel hubs
Front and rear stabilizers
Turnbuckle brake linkage system
Dual 32mm brakes
High volume air filter
Low profile polycarbonate body
Adjustable turnbuckle linkages
Chassis side guards
High down force wing
150cc fuel tank

Specifications:
Wheelbase: 373 mm-375 mm
Width: 428 mm
Length: 566 mm
Dry weight: 9.2 Lbs (varies on radio gear & engine)
Gear ratio: 15.35:1-16.54:1
Fuel capacity: 150cc
Engine size: .21-.28cc

Separately required items:
Engine .21-.28cc
Manifold & pipe
Fuel filter
Tires & Wheels
Two Channel radio with two high torque servos
6.0 V reciever battery
Fuel
Paint for Polycarbonate body
NITRO KITS REQUIRE:
(unless stated differently above)
  • Radio: 2-Channel with servo(s)
  • Battery: 4 AA for Receiver
  • Fuel: Nitro Glow Fuel
  • Starting Equipment: Glow igniter
  • Paint: Polycarbonate for spare body
  • Misc. Items: Building and track equipment

See less See more
#43 ·
TRF801xt in the Land of Oz...

Hi

I know this is an older thread but I just want to know if any of you guys are still running this truggy?

I have had one for a while now and have been collecting all the required parts to make this thing a more reliable beast. I am almost done now and would love hear from any of you guys regarding this dark and somewhat neglected horse. And possibly would love a chance to join you on one of your bash events around SA.:phone:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.