savage x break screws keep comin loose - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i agree,i use HPI mild thread lock and call that loctite.lol, but i think some peeps need to look outside the square,just because a products directions state what its designed to do dose'nt mean it can't be used for other apps,something i will always try .and i would'nt come on here and tell someone do something without haveing done it myself with sucess.and if someone has tried something different and its worked ,i would'nt tell them there wrong.like my above post,loctite gasket cement is made to use with gaskets,but it works without gaskets to ,i would'nt no if i had'nt tried it.
    I feel after a drink the way i should feel before a drink.
    Alias,neobaja,neoflathead,neoknuckle,neopan,neoshovel,neoblockhead,neotwincam

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by main_event View Post
    Brand names are used world wide to describe all sorts of products even though it's a registered name for a product one specific company produces

So it doesn't matter what we call it, we all now what it does and how it works so were all better off then before!
    Yeah maybe in America. Sorry but when I ask for a photocopy I dont really see the necessity in it being a Xerox. as long as its black words on white paper I can deal with it.

the problem with loctite is they make a whole range of stuff that do different things and it might be confusing to someone whos never heard the term before. dont want some noob going to bunnings and grabbing liquid gasket instead of threadlock.

and the argument 'yes its wrong but we all know what it means' is a terrible one. Sure SMS-english and leet-speak are well known but that doesnt mean they should take over using the proper words.

to stick to the original topic I would get rid of the brakes you are using now and go to single metal disk with fibre pads. much grabbier than the twin disc setup. I actually preferred the stock savage brakes with the ofna linkage mod.
    [i][b]Born to Grind, Built to Blast[/b][/i]

i can see where your comeing from,but in general i call thread locker loctite and if i was to use some other loctite product i would make it clear,but your right a newbie is going to get a bit confused over the general term loctite.as for the stock brakes on my savage i have'nt messed with them.i went through all that with me maxx years ago and went back to stock,a good servo is the big player in good brakes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

i think ill get some new screws first , and god dammit if that dont work loctite it is.

R/C God

If the green light is OFF I am actually doing some work, if it's ON then I'm bludging at work!!!!!
    If you're screwing into plastic and the plastic thread has worn out, you can use the tip of the zip tie drop it in the hole and cut. Drop a little CA glue then slowly wound the screw in until its tight. That piece of zip tie will stay there for good. I've done this before even on my 1/5th rose joints and still good after 3 tanks(that's 120mins of run time)

Just my 2 cents...
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Go HaRd oR Go HoMe <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

thats a good idea,will have to give that a go next time

R/C Guru
    This thread is 4 years old. If he hasn't discovered loctite by now then he's beyond our help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12