Australian RC Forums banner

Dash8's TREX 600N Build Thread

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Kaz 
#1 · (Edited)
As the title suggests, and my name implies I'm into aircraft. I've got a TREX 450, but I'm going to build a TREX 600, as a bigger helicopter is an easier helicopter to fly. I'll be updating this post soonish as parts arrive.

My slow as hell build is going to go in the following order:

Transmitter (i'm leaning toward the DX7 or DSX9)
Simulator (Pheonix)
22" Widescreen monitor (for the sim amoungs other things. sick of my 17" CRT)
TREX 600N Pro kit
OS 50 engine
Hatori 522 pipe
9252 Servo's for cyclic
Spartan DS760 Gyro + 9254 for tail
AP2000i + FMA sensor for emergency bail out*
Futaba GV-1 Governer
Carbsmart + HS65 for fuel mix
Metal fan, blade grips etc
MD 500E fuselage

* - This thing takes a thermal snapshot of the horizon once your hovering, and if you let go of the sticks, will right the helicopter back into a hover

This machine is going to take me a while to build, but since the helicopter forum here is a tad slow, I figured it wouldn't matter. Next update will be towards the end of may, when I have the transmitter and sim so I can post back how I am progressing with the simulator.

See less See more
#2 ·
Heli Stabilizer

Top setup! For what they are worth, the 600 is a top notch heli that can so much more than most heli pilots.

I've not flown with a heli stabilizer but i would not recommend learning to fly with one. You need to know that you can correct the situation and not rely on some electronics in the case that they fail. True this may be a little more expensive (i.e crashes) but once you are confident with your hovering skills, this piece of electronics will become dead weight on your heli, reducing your power to weight ratio.

Good luck with your build, you'll be real happy when you get this thing going

#3 ·
The stabilizer wont be on the ship until I am confident hovering, forward flight etc. Its going to be used once I get a fuse on there, and a camera. The ship is mainly intended for aerial photographs of Tempe bash day.

#5 · (Edited)
Well I was going to built a nitro heli, but with all the red tape that goes along with them, I've decided to stick with land based vehicles, and get a baja 5b. Mods, you can delete this thread if you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.