Australian RC Forums banner

thunder tiger PRO-50 tuning tips

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Stoogey 
G
#1 ·
Can anyone help me with a guide to what carby settings i should be using on my THUNDER TIGER 50? It is mounted on a Cen Genisis. Why? cause my genisis motor was buggered and i was told this is a much better and more reliable motor.

any help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated!!

G
#3 ·
it well run in now as i have put maybe 8 tanks of fuel through it by now. it is runnin ok but i know it could be alot better.

I am just a little unsure what to do with the settings. But if i play around with the settings a bit i will get it better as time goes by.

#4 ·
Don't play with the settings if you don't know what you're doing. Take it to your local hobby shop (I trust you're close enough to Hunter Valley RC? They're great blokes). We can't tell you what to do with the motor as we can't see how it's running now, and it's a game of listening to and watching the performace of the motor.

G
#5 ·
Well i have had to self teach myself everything else with this car so if i keep tinkering with it i will get it runnin spot on sooner or later, and it was only a little while ago that i could not even start it! But after reading heaps of info from the net about the Thunder tiger engines i got it runnin and even put 4 tanks of fuel through it!

Being a Cen Genisis is probably was not the best car to start my R/C "career" with but i got it cheap off an ex work mate who had lost intrest.

People i talk to reckon the best thing i did to it was swap the original engine to a Thunder Tiger.:first:

#6 ·
If you 'tinker' with the engine without knowing what your doing, your gonna kill it one way or another. I suggest you really get someone more experienced to help you out, a good idea would be to take it to a hobbyshop or a racetrack.

Around the net, there are some brilliant guides on engine tuning and maintanence, just have a poke around (cough*google*cough) and see what you find. Make sure your running the correct fuel and plug/s as well. Swapping anything to thunder tiger is good :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.