"Pine Hills Dirt Racing (formerly BDR)" - Page 3
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    R/C Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Flibble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottz84 View Post
    Hey... are we able to go down there tomorrow with our 1/8th buggies for a practice? Or is the track off limits?
    Scott, the track is 100% fenced and will only be available on race days or to club members with a key at other times. The old track was often used by the general public whom abused it, left their litter behind along with the stench of stupidity, disrespect and ungratefulness.

I think that may be a generilsation. I myslef used it but was not a member and it's close to me. Yep I'm not disagreeing that there will be those that do this. I'd myself just would like somewhere to bash without having to be a member and have to compete. I'd like RC but's whats wrong with just enjoying bashing with friends.
    More I think about this hobby the more I'm thinking of getting out of it...

It seems unless you belong to a club you get labeled...

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

You can always be there with a member. Also there was talk of opening it up on Saturdays. There is also an associate membership, whatever that is.
    | Revo 3.3 |
    OS 21TM, THS, CDiff
    http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/eertu/Revo Revision 2/
    | RC8-T |
    http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/eertu/RC8T/

R/C God
    Quote Originally Posted by Striffy View Post
    Hey... are we able to go down there tomorrow with our 1/8th buggies for a practice? Or is the track off limits?
    Scott, the track is 100% fenced and will only be available on race days or to club members with a key at other times. The old track was often used by the general public whom abused it, left their litter behind along with the stench of stupidity, disrespect and ungratefulness.

I think that may be a generilsation. I myslef used it but was not a member and it's close to me. Yep I'm not disagreeing that there will be those that do this. I'd myself just would like somewhere to bash without having to be a member and have to compete. I'd like RC but's whats wrong with just enjoying bashing with friends.

Generalisation, absolutely but what can you do Scott? If everyone did the right thing we wouldn't have a need for any rules or regulations I guess.

The behaviour of a few dictate the rules for many, always has and always will....

You aren't being labelled fella, drink more beer and watch more cricket!

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

We've had our track get broken into, it's not a nice feeling. Sorry to say but it's not your track to go there and bash and muck around, it was purposely built for racing. Racing is world known in RC now and is extremely popular, if you want to bash then go and bash, but again, sorry, the track is for racing. Not to mention the people who go there and mess around but put no time into maintinence... It's GENERALLY unfair to the people who run the club and work their asses off to bring you a meet every Sunday or second one on top of their real jobs...
    - RETIRED -

I'd myself just would like somewhere to bash without having to be a member and have to compete. I'd like RC but's whats wrong with just enjoying bashing with friends.
    So, you'd like a track to bash on but don't want to help build or maintain the track, or even be a member of the club so your membership fee can help the ones who do give up their time to build and maintain the track?

You and many others probably enjoyed the track and did little to no damage. But having spent a good number of weekends cleaning up the mess left by others and/or repairing damage to the track its hard not to get a little...... annoyed.

If you don't want to be a member or compete in racing their must be plenty of other places to bash?

On a happier note, the first race meet at the new track is on tomorrow

Practice and nominations are at 8am, racing starts at 9am.

R/C God
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    On a happier note, the first race meet at the new track is on tomorrow

Practice and nominations are at 8am, racing starts at 9am.
    Bring a plate you great giant you know what!

you should pay to become a member and get a key so you can enjoy the facility and give something back (some financial grattitude)

2 blocks from me there used to be a great little onroad track fenced off in the back section of a community ctr carpark. i become a member just to get a key so i could have fun there, but many others just popped the gate off its hinges and got in free.

needless to say, the club folded due to a lack of support + income.

without financial support or people who dedicate their time to helping the club, there is no club.. and no club = no dedicated RC track in your area.
    so if your not paying something and not helping but are using the facilities, your actually a small part of the problem that holds a club back.

it sounds like BDR + anf0's club suffer the same probs our club does - knuckle heads who tear up the track while swilling down a can of woodstock and leaving all their trash everywhere despite the bin being right next to em, then drop a burn out down the road as they leave.

if you've got a club nearby, love + cherish it but most of all support it financially or physically!

that BDR track change looks magnificent, how long is the track now? about 350m around the pole line?

R/C God
    Oblivion, reading your post is like listening to Tchaikovsky's "Swan Lake". I agree completely but I want to make one thing clear, Striffy ain't one of these guys we are generalising about.

I'd pick Striffy for my touch footy team every time, he has a 1/5th scale and it is just so hard up here to find good suitable area on a regular basis, I think he is having withdrawals!

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    that BDR track change looks magnificent, how long is the track now? about 350m around the pole line?
    According to Mr Flibbles GPS the racing line is 304m

[
    Bring a plate you great giant you know what!
    I don't care if I walk away with the plate tomorrow, just as long as I can race!!

yes, thats how i feel too... reciever is doing STUPID things... almost got it sunk in the brisbane river a few hours ago! lucky it his the only pole in 50m... guess it is attracted to hard things... pitlane wall here we come!

cya there.
    NEW:
    Xray t2 009, Xray Xt8, Traxxas Stampede VXL, HPI Baja 5b SS

OLD
    Hyper 8.5E, AE TC3, Hyper 7, mini baja, TT-01, TT EB4, E-Savage, AE B44 + more....

think positive!
    | Revo 3.3 |
    OS 21TM, THS, CDiff
    http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/eertu/Revo Revision 2/
    | RC8-T |
    http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/eertu/RC8T/

Good luck tomorrow guys, have a good one! Don't forget, when the Lord rises tomorrow for Easter he's gonna take ya'll down! Racing on this Sacred day... How could you! (I wish our club was racing )
    - RETIRED -

i dont need to bow down to other peoples imaginary friends, i say race everyday.

heck, id even race on giftmas day if i could

well you organise it and I'll be there (if you were in my State of course)... Don't start a debate on Religious beliefs PLEASE...
    - RETIRED -

The day was a great success, 52 drivers racing 61 cars. Everything went very smoothly, esp. considering this was the first race since december 9 last year.

Photos to follow

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast