Australian RC Forums banner

"Pine Hills Dirt Racing (formerly BDR)"

109K views 668 replies 67 participants last post by  schmarkoDave 
#1 ·
BDR's relocation is complete. Well, almost anyway :).

I just thought I would post some pictures to help wet the appetitie of brisvegas locals... The official opening day will be posted on the clubs' website (http://www.brisbanedirtracing.com) early next week. The frontpage of the clubs website also shows the old track, so you can see why their is a fair amount of excitement about the new facility.

Anyone familiar with the old track would know it was pretty tight and twisty. The new track is 3 times as long and a minnimum of 4 metres wide.

Thanks goes to all those who have helped get the track to this stage. The wait is almost over....

See less See more
#13 ·
Mate that track is insane. Well done to everyone who put it together!
Thanks :) There are alot of people up here who are very excited. Brisbane had its first wet summer in years so things got a little behind schedule. But its getting real close now :)

The pit wall is very unforgiving, but the track id 4m wide there so should be ok. if not I'm sure we can do somthing about it. Just as long as I;m not the first one to hit it! :eek:

#200 ·
That is where "Driver Skill" enters the equation, dont hit the wall and you wont get hurt, just ask a couple of the guys who have hit it.

#11 ·
pit isn't finished obviously. not sure what they had planned for it but i think they might have worked on it today.

#20 ·
Whats the deal with racing... I am not a memeber and only have an RTR Hyper 8 (i.e. has 28 size engine) is there a amateur class for buggies?

If so I will be there next sunday, when is the start finish times?
You can race an rtr buggy with a .28 with no problem at all. Classes are broken into A, B, C etc with new people starting in C and working there way up from there.

From memory you can race three times before being asked to join the club. The track will be locked outside of race meets but members will be able to get a key.

Practice starts around 7:30am with racing strting at 9am Finish time is 2-3pm

#21 ·
#22 ·
You're allowed to race. non-members can show up and race 3 times before they have to sign up.

I remember that rule vaguely and doubt it has ever been exercised. Come to think of it I can't even remember the last time a driver has received any form of penalty and that isn't because they are blessed with beautiful human beings ...

More importantly, I was speaking with revochris and he mentioned you are heading to SCORC on Sunday? Myself and a mate will be there with our monsters as well so hopefully we will have enough for our own class.

#23 ·
yeah i am. and mike should be too. if Chris shows with some of his buddies we'll have an invasion force.

you're right about the 3 race rule too, because i raced 4 times last season as a non-member.

#26 · (Edited)
WOW, that looks awsome. cant beleive i moved back to victoria befor getting the chance to race on this. top work fella's. looks like i will have to bring my buggy up for a spin when we visit next

#27 ·
I finally got to go round this afternoon. Put a couple of packs through the b44 and both it and the track were sensational!

Long straights, long sweepers, jumps (both big and small), changes in elevation, shocked looks on truggy drivers faces as the b44 catches up to them on the shorter straights :) This complex was well worth the wait!

#33 ·
You been driving on it Caleb?

hah. you know what was funny. Sunday was sunnycoast and they were having problems so we came to check it out and there were just as many people at bdr

#36 ·
hah yes i noticed the buggy. what i meant was since then. i wanted to prepare for the first meet and was wondering about running on it before hand.

yeah, the trinity is hard not to notice hey ... thats bad when you off as much as me.

#37 ·
hah yes i noticed the buggy. what i meant was since then. i wanted to prepare for the first meet and was wondering about running on it before hand.
Ah, ok. No I haven't been on it since Sunday as I don't yet have a key. Don't worry though, you won't be the only one still preparing on raceday. I still haven;t completed running in the TM on my revo yet so will be taking it easy on Sunday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.