Proposed BMX Track at South Sydney Park, Marrickville Sydney

Proposed BMX Track at South Sydney Park, Marrickville Sydney

Hi All

I hope this is ok and the right spot but if not then you can delete.

I am only new and just picked up my car but i was searching around the net for some BMX tracks near Petersham where i live.

I came upon a draft proposal to Marrickville council for a BMX/MTB track at South Sydney Park.

you can find more details here

http://www.massbug.org.au/cgi-bin/tw...BUG/SydneyPark

There is a petition to sign which i have added my name to, but i thought there might be more people around this area that might like to add their names.

My thought is that one more bash spot couldnt be a bad thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C God

If the green light is OFF I am actually doing some work, if it's ON then I'm bludging at work!!!!!
    We have one BMX track in our area but they don't allow RC's in there coz they said that rc's wrecks the jumps.................what a shame coz it's useless, been driving past it everyday and no one uses it...

Hope your council is better that ours...
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Go HaRd oR Go HoMe <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

xkwizt
    RC's wreck the jumps? LMFAO.

RC's weigh 5kg or less, BMX, depending on who's riding it weigh 50kg+.... some councils are.... you know the word.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C God
    Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    We have one BMX track in our area but they don't allow RC's in there coz they said that rc's wrecks the jumps.................what a shame coz it's useless, been driving past it everyday and no one uses it...

Hope your council is better that ours...
    Just a thought, but who maintains the track?? Also, on what days is it open? Maybe a proposal to the council to assist (within reason) on track maintainence days, might get a positive result in your favour.

The trouble will be, that as soon as you start using R/C there, every kid in cooee will turn up ON their BMX bike (to watch you), and then you'll be in their road!
    Truck

I live 100 metres from sydney park.

edit: see post below
    Last edited by rckal; 17-01-2008 at 12:29 PM.
    Hypers 8 Pro for sale
    Hyper ST Pro
    There is no spoon

Marrickville council is pretty good. We have a business on king st on the marrickville side , and quite often have to console our fellows across the st on the sydney city council side( they suck).

So hopefully it will go through.
    BUT there is a great spot in the top right hand corner of that picture of sydney park that would be perfect for an RC track. lots of space . Inhdustrial zone across the road (unlike the bmx track). And away from people with dogs ( its a dog friendly park).

Thats my rant !
    Hypers 8 Pro for sale
    Hyper ST Pro
    There is no spoon

Rc trucks not allowed on bmx track ha. We got told the same thing that it wrecks the track. I pointed out all the ruts that the bmx made show me were mine are, mate just tell them were to go cause we stayed even after some nice words i fired up as soon as he said were not allowed on the track. Rc cars wrek bmx tracks lmao id hate to see what they would do to a moto x track lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1pakeha View Post
    Rc trucks not allowed on bmx track ha. We got told the same thing that it wrecks the track. I pointed out all the ruts that the bmx made show me were mine are, mate just tell them were to go cause we stayed even after some nice words i fired up as soon as he said were not allowed on the track. Rc cars wrek bmx tracks lmao id hate to see what they would do to a moto x track lol
    RCs cars dont damage the jumps, they sweep the track back to bare clay/concrete and ruin the surface. Theyre also a safety hazard and not covered under the uses for the track, and anyone injured there wont be covered by insurance.
    [i][b]Born to Grind, Built to Blast[/b][/i]

good idea Peter ..

signed ...
    RC8T, RB C6 BB LG2
    G4+ with WC kit + 12TZ Spec II
    Spektrum DX3R