Australian RC Forums banner

BB guns??

25K views 42 replies 29 participants last post by  Brainlessesc2 
#1 ·
Hey, all. My dad went to america last year for a tour around america for 3 weeks. and hes going next year, and i want him to bring me back a BB gun!!:D BUT i only know that as long as your 18 or over you can buy one over the counter (and that they're REALY cheap) but IDK if you can bring them back to AUS in your undercarridge:confused: Can anyone please shed some light on this? because i realy want a BB gun and my dads old enough to buy from america, if you could please post some sites or any info regarding, being allowed to bring BB guns and the like in to AUS.

Cheers.

#31 ·
Last I heard you can apply for the license once you're over 16, but until you're 18 it needs to be "supervised", ie some other licensee over the age of 18 is responsible for you until you come of age.

I had to get one back in the day when I worked as a Skirmish ref. Started at 15 and couldn't clean the guns etc until i was 16 and had license.

#32 ·
hehe i took a desert eagle back from HK, i kinda stealthed it in my main bag got thru no worries, the bulk of it was plastic and if the guy lookin at the camera cant recognise it as an airsoft gun.... well.... is it one? :D put it this way, if u put it in ur bag flat in plain view when it passes the xray, its clear u see an outline of a gun yeh?

but yeah from what i knw fully illegal... wont do it again hahaha

and i was a 12yr old competing member of the Military Gun Club of QLD..... aahhh...the good old days, when u cud own a gun and actually shoot it.... without idiots messin up the fun....now u say "gun" and some1 will have a heartattack!:confused: pffft.... heheheh

go airsoft! its is fun and its really is harmless:thumb:

#35 ·
i have my gun licence and own a .22 magnum (not a regular 22). it belonged to mym mum and is a family heirloom. when she died, it was given to me, but i was only 17 at the time. i was told that i wasnt allowed to own it and it would have to be destroyed... i wouldnt hear a bar of that, since its a very expensive gun, and has lots of family history, so after several months, i managed to get my full gun licence at the age of 17 for *special circumstances*.

that said, a gun licence will NOT let you legally own a BB gun in australia, you need to actually be in charge of an airsoft club or similar AND have your licence... "to own a gun you must have a valid reason"... the only valid reason for owning a BB gun is for airsoft.. go figure. :)

#36 ·
a gun licence will NOT let you legally own a BB gun in australia, you need to actually be in charge of an airsoft club or similar AND have your licence... "to own a gun you must have a valid reason"... the only valid reason for owning a BB gun is for airsoft.. go figure.
That's not quite the case:D.

Like i said in this or the other thread, you can buy Air rifles, as long as you HAVE a full gun lisence, NOT a Juinor permit:thumb:.

If you already have gun's then you front up to the bloke at the gun shop, hand over a couple of hundred dollors, wait a week or two for you're permit to puchase, then start practiseing on ya dart board, in the hallway:cool:.

So any of you people out there that are under 18, will have to wait, unless ya Mum\Dad has a gun lisence, but then you should already have one:thumb:

#42 ·
As far as I'm aware in Aus you need to be licensed and test them like any other firearm. They fall under the air rifle category.

Hobby king will not allow you to order one and send it here. You cannot complete the checkout, from memory you cannot even add them to your cart.

I'm sure if it was picked up at customs it would be confiscated and I'm sure the police would knock on your door.

#43 · (Edited)
From the Qld police gov page:

"Airsoft firearms

​Airsoft weapons, under current legislation, irrespective of muzzle velocity, cannot be lawfully possessed in Queensland. As an Airsoft firearm cannot be used in Queensland lawfully it cannot be imported into Queensland. Unlawful possession of such weapons may result in prosecution for weapons related offences.

There are currently no approved ranges conducting sports or target shooting allowing Airsoft firearms within Queensland. Furthermore, these firearms cannot be possessed for recreational shooting.

Airsoft weapons are defined as a prohibited import under schedule 6 of the
Customs Prohibited Imports Regulations 1956. Australian Customs Service advises that generally, Airsoft weapons do not meet the required safety standards to allow importation.

Definition

An Airsoft firearm is one that discharges a 6mm plastic pellet. Airsoft firearms can either be electric, or operated by spring or compressed air.

An Airsoft firearm over 75cm in length is a Category A weapon.

Should the Airsoft firearm replicate a military style assault rifle (Category D) then the Airsoft weapon will also be classified as a Category D weapon.

Similarly should the Airsoft firearm replicate a machine gun or sub-machine gun (Category R) then the Airsoft firearm will also be classified as a Category R weapon.

Last Updated 25/08/2014".

Vic laws are pretty much the same. Anything that resembles a gun and fires an object of any sort by any means, going by their definition this includes cross bows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.