BB guns?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BB guns??

R/C Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jordaneva03 View Post
    bb guns are not illegal unless they are fully automatic or over 75cm long
    Are you sure about that, Jordan? Someone was convincing me recently that they are illegal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Newbie
    As far as I'm aware in Aus you need to be licensed and test them like any other firearm. They fall under the air rifle category.

Hobby king will not allow you to order one and send it here. You cannot complete the checkout, from memory you cannot even add them to your cart.

I'm sure if it was picked up at customs it would be confiscated and I'm sure the police would knock on your door.

R/C Newbie
    From the Qld police gov page:

"Airsoft firearms

​Airsoft weapons, under current legislation, irrespective of muzzle velocity, cannot be lawfully possessed in Queensland. As an Airsoft firearm cannot be used in Queensland lawfully it cannot be imported into Queensland. Unlawful possession of such weapons may result in prosecution for weapons related offences.

There are currently no approved ranges conducting sports or target shooting allowing Airsoft firearms within Queensland. Furthermore, these firearms cannot be possessed for recreational shooting.

Airsoft weapons are defined as a prohibited import under schedule 6 of the
    Customs Prohibited Imports Regulations 1956. Australian Customs Service advises that generally, Airsoft weapons do not meet the required safety standards to allow importation.

Definition

An Airsoft firearm is one that discharges a 6mm plastic pellet. Airsoft firearms can either be electric, or operated by spring or compressed air.

An Airsoft firearm over 75cm in length is a Category A weapon.

Should the Airsoft firearm replicate a military style assault rifle (Category D) then the Airsoft weapon will also be classified as a Category D weapon.

Similarly should the Airsoft firearm replicate a machine gun or sub-machine gun (Category R) then the Airsoft firearm will also be classified as a Category R weapon.

Last Updated 25/08/2014".

Vic laws are pretty much the same. Anything that resembles a gun and fires an object of any sort by any means, going by their definition this includes cross bows.
    Last edited by Brainlessesc2; 07-12-2017 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Extra info.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123