AUSRC.COM - AUSRC.COM Subscribers Promotion - January 2011 (We're running late) - $649 Value!!
  • Our Sponsors

RC Hobbies - Tower

Charged RC - Tower

• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

0 members and 259 guests

Most users ever online was 1,162, 31-10-2018 at 08:07 PM.

• AUSRC.COM Subscribers Promotion - January 2012 (We're running late) - $649 Value!!

Well everyone, after a few delays and much anticipation I am happy to announce the 3rd Subscribers Draw for 2011/12 and Fred has up'ed the ante again.

Thanks to RC Hobbies, our prize this round is a 1.3m long, 26cc gas powered, fibreglass hull, ready to run RC Boat.

The prize can be viewed on the RC Hobbies website here: http://rchobbies.com.au/store/produc...ducts_id=64878

In a nutshell, the specifications of this great price are:
    Product Specifications:

Length: 1310mm
    Beam: 400mm
    Height: 260mm
    N.W.: 7.5kg
    G.W.: 15.7kg
    G.W.(W/ Radio): 16.3kg
    Radio: 2-Channel AM Radio
    Hull Material: Fiberglass Composite
    Prop Size: D78XP1.4
    Power System:Gas 26cc engine

Due to the late release of this promotion, the price will be drawn on Friday 9 March 2012 at RC Hobbies. I will get Fred to come back to me with timings for the draw.

I would like to thank Fred and the RC Hobbies team for yet again supplying an awesome price for the AUSRC.COM community. Those of you that have been around AUSRC.COM for a while know that Fred has been a long time supporter of our site, and frankly I don't think we would have seen the success, growth or longevity without RC Hobbies ongoing support.

For those of you unfamiliar with RC Hobbies, please vist them at http://www.rchobbies.com.au

Regards,
    Chris
    This article was originally published in forum thread: AUSRC.COM Subscribers Promotion - January 2011 (We're running late) - $649 Value!! started by AUSRC View original post
    Comments 165 Comments
      RatsacK -
      She sure isn't small! Very nice!
      in rod we trust -
      Quote Originally Posted by xr8ute View Post
      Thanks boys, I'm out at Roc RC headquarters drinking some of Big Kevs honey turkey home brew ..... yummmmm

I just put the ass end on it and dropped a little fuel in and she started second pull.
      I'll stick a wakbro carbie on it and she will sing.
      I'll get some photos of her in the water at open day.

Next to the Baja

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

good one deano

at least 16g's on the boat pond won,t be for nothing....
      PC WIZ -
      Twin rudders and water pickups, nice colors! It looks great. Is that a 1/8 scale? It's huge.

Any pics of under the cowl?
      xr8ute -
      That's it Ambro, I'm looking forward to it!

in rod we trust -
      Quote Originally Posted by xr8ute View Post
      That's it Ambro, I'm looking forward to it!

maybe we should all get one and turn that pond into a race course with floating islands course.

now that would be awesome... not to mention how much of a crowd that would pull in.. look amazing having 6-10 boats of this size racing in the pond.
      PC WIZ -
      Last time I was at Ludenham the pond was pretty small, what's it like now? I used to go there all the time with my dad about 35 years ago! There were slot cars, a train ride, a big train set in the pavilion (shed), planks up the back paddock, boats in the pond and tether cars going round and round. I don't recall any RC cars back then but there may have been a few grass hoppers around. I hope to get back there and have another look one day!
      in rod we trust -
      Quote Originally Posted by PC WIZ View Post
      Last time I was at Ludenham the pond was pretty small, what's it like now? I used to go there all the time with my dad about 35 years ago! There were slot cars, a train ride, a big train set in the pavilion (shed), planks up the back paddock, boats in the pond and tether cars going round and round. I don't recall any RC cars back then but there may have been a few grass hoppers around. I hope to get back there and have another look one day!
      hi brett

still has more of the same stuff, only now there is our baja track on it and the speedway track as well.
      pond is a bit bigger and cleaner, as i said it would be awesome to have floating pontoons island to make a course for some big boats, id sell my baja in a heartbeat if they did and get into that.
      BeatsMe -
      You're a lucky bugger Dean, enjoy mate.
      little_drifter -
      Wow that thing is massive!

Strap a gopro to it and take some vids!

towie964 -
      Congrats Deano, that looks like an awesome piece of gear, time to put your floaties on and take her down the lake.

rasigs -
      well done dean thanks to all invloved in the running of this the sponcer admins well done guys proud ausrc member
      little_drifter -
      Hey Chris when is the next draw?

little_drifter -
      Quote Originally Posted by AUSRC View Post
      At this stage, and I need to talk to Fred, we are looking at a mid April announcement and a late May draw... I would think.

Let's give Deano some time to enjoy this one first.

Also, I need to look at process of addressing past winners. We have received some good feedback, and this last draw was "all in" as per the previous two, but we might review this based on everyone's feedback.
      Mid April announcement! YAY thats NOW!

AUSRC -
      Bloody Hell... late again... I'm on it lads.... watch this space.
      little_drifter -
      I am watching...... I promise Ill stop bugging you for the next draw once I win one!

PC WIZ -
      So that would be the draw after this one that I will win.
      little_drifter -
      You got it Brett!

There has to be a plank soon enough!!!!

PC WIZ -
      Maybe a Bixler RTF. What do you recon Matt?

I think it should be a 1/5 Baja clone.
      little_drifter -
      I think it shold be a Eflite Carbon Z yak.

PC WIZ -
      Have a look through the RC Hobbies shop and look for things that are obsolete or in the same price range as the boat that was in the last one.

Some thing like this: http://rchobbies.com.au/store/produc...ducts_id=20736

Or possibly a bike: http://rchobbies.com.au/store/produc...ducts_id=53029