look what came in the mail

4K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  mertz 
#1 ·
was about to get a pti goliath rock crawler, but opted for this

Axial scorpion

See less See more
#6 ·
I WANT ONE
actually i just wan't a 1/10 crawler i have heaps of fun trying to rock crawl with my nitro's but its just not the same

Anybody selling?

#7 ·
<DIV>Nice choice, towerhobbies have them on the stocksheet but not in stock until the end of the month. Nicely prices as well, $279 USD and that is a complete kit! </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>RCHOBBIES have them in stock and price reflects USD conversion as well. Hmmmm, no no I musn't jjjrules talk some sense into me dammit!</DIV>Edited by: Mr Flibble

#12 ·
<DIV>EGGBOX can you give us a brief rundown on this kit. Instructions, build quailty etc... It appears to be fantastic value but for the price I was thinking it would have a real HPI Wheelyking sort of feeling to it? </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I just paid $1500 for a clod based crawler which I am and was happy to do but I'm thinking this AXIAL crawler may be a great present for Dad come Christmas... Are the beadlocks an alloy outer ring or plastic?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

#14 ·
RiZZa said:
Vaughn, these kits are all class! On RCCrawler.com they did a 'live' build photographing and detailing every step. It sold me should I want one.
<DIV>
</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Damn, and I was seriously considering one before I got this other crawler which looks great but I do enjoy the build and doing the additions myself. Alas ... If i buy anything more I could end up on the couch...</DIV>

#17 ·
Mr Flibble said:
RiZZa said:
Vaughn, these kits are all class! On RCCrawler.com they did a 'live' build photographing and detailing every step. It sold me should I want one.
<DIV>
</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Damn, and I was seriously considering one before I got this other crawler which looks great but I do enjoy the build and doing the additions myself. Alas ... If i buy anything more I could end up on the couch...</DIV>

No mr flib, it just means you will have it listed here in the FS section approx 4-6 weeks after initial purchace

#18 ·
boydie1 said:
Mr Flibble said:
RiZZa said:
<DIV>
</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

No mr flib, it just means you will have it listed here in the FS section approx 4-6 weeks after initial purchace

#20 ·
whats the hype about rock crawlers lol
not like having a go at yaz but ive never really been interested in em.
they are nice lookin and id really like to build one. (i like building and tweeking the car more then i actually like racing it sometimes)

but for some reason driving 5kmph up rocks isnt really interesting for me,

i understand you pick a line and try to get up the hill but doesnt it get boring?

i was thinking about maybe custom building a crawler and then selling it cos as i sed i rly like making stuff lol

#21 ·
<DIV>Mertz, rock crawling is not dissimilar to trials (not trail) bike riding. You layout a course of obstacles and complete the course in the best time without rolling over etc... It takes skill and is a challenge as well.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Or, if you have decided to have a couple cold ones anything that isn't moving is fair game to scale
. Each to his own but, I don't get a buzz from launching my RC into the stratosphere and watching it fall to earth. And some people (not you) as Lily Allan would say "have a whinge and a moan" when the break on landing.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Edited by: Mr Flibble

#22 ·
yeah im not really into bashing either lol
racing is really what i love, but i havent actually done it at a club just with mates
lol i had to replace EVERY part on my mini-t because i broke it, i dont winge and moan even after having to spend another $600 on my T lol

EDIT: btw id really like to make a clodbuster based rock crawler even though i probably wont run it lol. just custom fabricating it gives me thrills and then seeing that what i made from nothing but a few bits of aluminium out performs a stock chassis
Edited by: mertz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.