Australian RC Forums banner

Cheap rubber tube to use as tires?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  UncySpam 
#1 ·
Anyone know where inSydneyI can get some durable rubber tubing that I could cut up and use as tires on my Nitro TC3 (1/10 onroad)? The inner diameter of the tubemust be 52mm

Thanx guys

See less See more
#4 ·
Are you after real grip or something to mess around with?

Try wrapping tape around your tyres - might give you some cheap miles and practice drifting at the same time!

I'm sure that different types of tape will give different grip levels. The fabric style gaffa tape might actually have some traction, while cellotape would be the same as driving on ice

I've been using rubber on-road tyres and they do last a long time for me - about 20 minutes of warmup & racing _every week_ for over 6 months and still going strong. Cost me $65 with wheels on Ebay. 1/10 scale should be even cheaper.

Cheers! Oggy

#5 ·
I'm actually after tires that I could use for drifting a Nitro. So I thought cut uprubber hoses might give me less of a grip for drifting. I dont really want to use pvc tubing because that doesnt offer me any grip at all, and I might over rev my engine to death.

Well, I've thought about using tape, but that 2 isnt very grippy and quite messy as well.
Edited by: NTC3

#6 ·
For nitro drifting, just use Tamiya 26mm kit tyres. Rock hard & no grip = works great.

If you ain't got any conveniently lying around, just go and buy the hardest tyres in the shop. Or any of the other kits' plasticky tyres would be the same too eg Colt, GV etc.

#9 ·
if u have any old fomaies, rub them down with zap glue or something... that wears off after a short period, but while its on they are slick, but not to slick...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.