Australian RC Forums banner

glitching

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  shakzool 
#1 ·
hi all

i recently beefed up my homemade offroad andtransfered all the electrics from a plastic chassis to an nitro buggy alloy chassis. i started by puting thingsin the same lay out had some glitching probs then rearranged it all but still cant stop the glitching. i`ve put every thing on thebench plugged in andswitched on it seemed to be #1 channel . so i then changed reciever this worked fine but after switching it on 2day its doing the same thing.

i dont know if its the alloy chassis cuasing an effect. but its got me stuffed.

#4 ·
gear box is in center with the reciever on top where can i put it to stop the interference. maybe i should put it in a plastic box like it would be if it were a nitro.

#6 ·
where ever the arial touches the chassis run some heat shrink a couple of times on the arial wire to insulate it more and also are the servo's rubber mounted,they mostly come with rubber gromets in little packets when they supply mounting screws and which are supplied to be used for that purpose,this is done to also insulate and isolate them from chassis whether they are carbon fibre or alloy even plastic as plastic builds up static.

this technique is good for all qualities of servo's,bottom to top end.

hope this helps.

#7 ·
thanx guys ill try to insulate some more the arial is rapped around the tube and the tube is in a hole drilled into a plastic bulkhead type thingy ,sevo is mounted on plastic mounts . so i guess ill try putting arial in tube .

i never had this much trouble with my nitro buggy and it was cheap hsp crap. it must have something to do with the esc because i put it back on the plastic chassis and all is fine again.

#8 ·
well ive got rid of alot of the glitching installed rubber gromets changed arial setup . i still get glitching when the tranny is not on and the range is not that good. if i can sort these probs out i might upgrade to brushless and lipo the new chassis seems to handle the punishment i finally got a chance to bash it today.

#9 ·
glad we fixed most of it,, transmitter should always be turned on first to prevent runaways and be the last turned off.

#10 ·
yeh that makes sense but i never had probs before and the esc is designed to be a fail safe no power if signal is lost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.