Australian RC Forums banner

Spektrum Help

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  marki 
#1 ·
Im looking at Spektrum DX3.0's on eBay and can get the DX3.0 unit with 2 receivers, 2 servos and a neck strap for $305AU posted. I was just wondering, is it OK to buy these from the US? Like I mean when you buy standard radios from the US you can get 70mhz and stuff which is illegal here. Does the spektrum have anything like that?

Cheers

#4 ·
I bought a Sanwa Blazer for $90 to start with but my hands keep typing 'Spektrum' into eBay for some reason
I cant resist any longer!

Marki, the 1 im talking about includes 2 receivers instead of 1, so ill make an extra $100 out of it

#5 ·
anf0 said:
Im looking at Spektrum DX3.0's on eBay and can get the DX3.0 unit with 2 receivers, 2 servos and a neck strap for $305AU posted. I was just wondering, is it OK to buy these from the US? Like I mean when you buy standard radios from the US you can get 70mhz and stuff which is illegal here. Does the spektrum have anything like that?

Cheers
I brought my Spektrum from the US, its the older DX3, cost me $260 aus delivered, I have brought a bit of stuff from the states with no dramas.

Spektum is 2.4ghz which is universal all over the world, you cannot use 75mhz here as it is the emergency channel

#6 ·
I just boughta DX7 for my heli from overseas - heaps cheaper than out here, and as Rexzilla syas, 2.4 gig is a universal spectrum.

I may have troubles using the DX7 at a flying club as overseas units don't have the Australian "C Tick" certification. If you are planning on racing through a local club, I'd ask them if imports are ok for insurance purposes, otherwise, go for it.

For those interested about the 2.4 gig issue that is going on over at Archeli:
http://www.archeli.com.au/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13048

Cheers,

Steve

#8 ·
There are offering the deal with the 2 recievers I believe. ame cost. Ring and ask though[

QUOTE=anf0]

I bought a Sanwa Blazer for $90 to start with but my hands keep typing 'Spektrum' into eBay for some reason
I cant resist any longer!

Marki, the 1 im talking about includes 2 receivers instead of 1, so ill make an extra $100 out of it[/QUOTE]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.