: Dramas with incorrect Items recieved

bluesilver
02-03-2007, 02:13 PM
These people at RC Hobbies are hopless.

I have order a few things from them now and already they have sent me the wrong items more than once.

The latest being an item that didn't even fit the machine that it was ordered for, So I sent it back and again still didn't recieved the item that It was advertised for.

Has anyone else had these sort of problems from them before?

I was thinking of getting a RB C6 motor from them in the next few weeks as I am starting to race Truggys. But after this I think I might be better of looking else were for it.

mertz
02-03-2007, 02:28 PM
watch it theyre this sites sponsorhttps://www.ausrc.com/forum/smileys/smiley9.gif
i havent ordered from them yet but i think its great how theyll match any price given
have you emailed the owner or any workers there to see if they know the problem
what exactly did you order?

rcholics
02-03-2007, 02:33 PM
It seems fred seems to just forget things, like doesn't make notes.

We ordered an STS .30, Bunch of bodies .etc and a rotostart shaft, and he forgot the rotostart shaft.

Boutzb
02-03-2007, 02:59 PM
i don't think fred actually do the packaging and mailing himself regularly. he owns the shop, and it's the employers that do the nitty gritty stuff.

i've bought multiple items fromthem twice, both times i got them within 3 days no problems. they even went to thetrouble of stocking something they don't carry because i asked. sometimes they're a bit slow with the emails, but i think they are quite good none the less.

MarkG
02-03-2007, 03:33 PM
I've never had a problem with Fred at all.
I ordered an S2000 shell for my HPI RS4 and a F.O.C for my Revo - and both times he's emailed me to let me know where they are etc.

I've bought heaps from him.
$9.95 from Parra to Perth - can't beat that!

bluesilver
02-03-2007, 03:54 PM
You say they will match any price?

This could be interesting.

I have a price fot the RB C6 BB engine, pipe and mainfold from the states. The price for the lot comes in at $780 Aus so say $800-$820 Aus to your door.

Will they beat or equal this price as there price is $900 + freight?

I have sent some e mails but still waiting for a reply.

The thing is that it cost me more money to send the product back and they don't refund that.

davway
02-03-2007, 04:11 PM
i think the price match only applies to Australian businesses.

i could imagine them going broke really quick if it was a world wide price match.

i would say the answer is a big no, they wont.

Damo67
02-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi i have had big problems with Fred especially. Gary seems good and is understanding and there never seems to be any complaints about him.

I totally agree that Fred does not take notes, nor does he have any sort of system in place, he also does NOT contact you when he said he would or even after, and then wonders why you are not a happy camper when you have to chase him up.
I recently had a problem with my REVO engine and it took a month to get it back, Ok you can't blame them for everything but when you say you sent it overnight and then hear from Gary that it didn't get sent for 4 days and then it takes over a week to get to TRAXXAS in Adelaide you tend to a little shirty with the story telling.
I now have a very bad taste in my mouth because of the whole incident and as such am steering clear of the shop and the "friendly, professional staff" ???? they employ.

Why give them business and my hard earned cash, when it seems they have far to many "bad days"
I know they are a Major sponsor of this forum which is great for all of us and the hobby and i am sorry if this upsets someone (i am sure it will and will probably be banned), i have refrained from letting rip like i really want too, but they really need to pick up their game, they do seem to be their own worst enemy.

woolly
02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
To date, I have had no dealings with RC Hobbies.

However from the postings above, and from other threads on the forum, it appears as though some of you are experiencing a few problems, bothwithdelivery times and incorrect components.

Let me run some scenarios past you: I work as a spare parts manager for a tractor sales and service company that turns over millions of dollars a year. Components can range from several cents, to many thousands of dollars each. And even the smallest component can disable a machine worths thousands of $'s, doing a job worth thousands of $'s a day. So a quick turn around isusually essential to have that machine operating in the field ASAP.

To do this, a series of sequences has to be completed. Beginingwiththe necessary component diagnosis, and completed with the restarting of the machine.

If the diagnosis is incorrect, the series of sequences fails immediately. Often, only the operator can 'explain' the problem, and 'describe' the part or area of failure. Without being able to inspect the machine, the spare parts bloke is often left with several options.If he getsthe option wrong, who is at fault?

Eliminate ALL options! Part numbers, machine models, serial numbers, build dates, faxed diagrams or photographs all help to eliminate variables.

Aquisition. Is the part immediately nationally available? If it is, you SHOULD have it within 24/48 hours of payment. Max. If it isn't in the country, how long before it will be?

Freight. Have YOU organised a reliable delivery method by informing the supplier how you want the goods shipped, or are you going to use Dodgy Brothers Transport? (...appologies to anyone usingDodgy Bros Transport as a buisness name..)

And finally, yes usually finally, the price. How much do you really need that part? A few $'s more in cost and freight is usually far outweighed by unreliable service and delivery, where instead of being operating in days, the $'s saved has resulted in frustration, anger and a much longer down time than expected.

We, as the middle man (between customer and manufacturer), try to eliminate ALL errors. We really want/need our customers to be happy satisfied customers. Otherwise, they look elsewhere, and our business declines. However, we ALL, at times make errors.The customer. The supplier. The manufacturer and the transport companies.

The busier an outlet is,the more errors are likely tobe found. I'm sure Fred isflat stick, tending to each and all of your requests. And I am also sure that the number of successful transactions through RC Hobbies far outweighs those with a problem.

If you have constant problems with any company, talk elsewhere with your wallet.Perhaps Fred's method of recordingconversation or commitments could be improved. Perhaps that goes for all of us. Perhaps he needs more staff. Perhaps he needs a holiday. But don't chop a blokes head off because he's flat stick, as well as trying to beat or equal everyone else's prices.

You can't have everything team.Edited by: woolly

stevo1957
02-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Well said Woolly.

I have bought heaps from RC Hobbies - never had a single prob. The guys there are great. Pricing has always been good and I can't complain about service.

If you aren't happy, don't support them.

But remember, its places like RCHobbies that keep this place running.

Cheers,

Steve

davway
02-03-2007, 07:05 PM
ok. ill tell you a little story too. i needed a few parts for my heli, nothing expensive or hard to get, so since ModelFlight had a full and complete list of parts available i ordered through them. from memory they only did credit and paypal or something of the sort. i have neither so i rang them and asked if i could deposit money in their bank directly. no probs. got their details and transfered the money. a week later nothing had arrived so i checked my bank. my money had been returned as i had tried to deposit into the wrong account. i got bank fees for this. checked the details i had been given and i had put the money in the right account. according to the bank, the name of the company was wrong. rang and emailed ModelFlight about it and got told to 'try' this name instead. tried that, money was returned with further bank fees. demanded the correct details and made them double check they were correct only to get 'they should be right'. still could not get a definate answer so i put the money inanyway only to have it returned with bank fees again.

i was mega ****ed by this point in time. a company that does not know its own banking details is appaling to say the least. i was emailed back with certainty that the now given details were correct and i will recieve my parts (this is around 4 weeks from when i first tried to order them).

i said stuff it, went to RcHobbies, ordered the parts, paid for them, got confirmation of what i ordered-paid for-and where they were being sent and got all the parts interstate 3 days later. and they were cheaper.

so, for me, RcHobbies have done exactly what i have asked of them each time i have ordered something from them.

i do have the complete emails with Modelflight if anyone here doesnt believe me about the banking detail situation. they have lost my custom for good. i would be ashamed if i own a company like that.

Damo67
02-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Wooly you are right we cannot have it all your own way.

But as a paying customer you expect and are entitled to expect certain rights as to the quality and performance of the goods and</span> services purchased.

Now if they cannot provide this then they are failing in their </span>obligation </span>to provide services carried out with due skill
and care.

As you know more care and having a standard</span> system</span> in place (not a couple of post it notes) will often stop the majority of problems arising, and when they do arise then communication is the key in keeping the customer happy when it all goes down the toilet, don't tell them porky pies.

Just because the costs here are "small" it doesn't mean you take the hit and say oh well it's ok they are nice to talk to.

El Pedro
02-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Go to Tower and get UPS Postage.Edited by: El Pedro

rcholics
02-03-2007, 09:21 PM
I'd like to see a reply from RCHobbies on this https://www.ausrc.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif.

El Pedro
02-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Don;t hold your breath!

bluesilver
03-03-2007, 06:55 AM
The item that I orderd was a simple one.

It was listed as in stock and even has a photo of what the item is.

After recieving the first one that wasn't even for my model or even looked like the one in the photo they sent another one. At least this one fits my model but still isn't the one in the photo.

Part numbers are correct but the items in the packets arn't.

I feel a little bit of stock checking on there behalf would greatly improve there reliability.

RC HOBBIES
03-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Ok First thing first. let me fix bluesilver issue and then we will get onto the problem that everyone else is having. Blue silver can you give me an order number so i can chase it down.

RC HOBBIES
03-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Firstly i want to apolgises for EL PEDRO i really really screw up because he placed and order through the PM and i forgot to print it out and get it processed with the other orders. There is no excuse for it, i just really stuffed. Only reason why i missed it was because it came through as a PM and not through to the main rc hobbies computers.

I only visit the site using my home computer so if i dont log on for a few days things just get out of control, i would love to log on during business hours but it just impossible to do while serving customers.

I know el pedro is upset with my service and if there anything i can do i will do my best to fix it up. Apoligised to him in PM now in public forum. i wish i could do more.

I try not to make stuff ups but sometimes these thing happen and we always try to redeem ourselves if we get the chance.

RC HOBBIES
03-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Sorry for the post but it seems easier to seperate the topics, We are organising a new system but due to lack of space we have been slow to put it in process but we getting it ready for implemtation, where we have dedicated people to look after them and reduce the chances and of stuff up or wrong items being sent out. Whenever a wrong item is sent out we do send the replacement our in overnight bags, i know there were a few stuff ups relating to a venom part, this was due to them changing packaging and the pickers not going off parts numbers.

bluesilver
03-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Ok First thing first. let me fix bluesilver issue and then we will get onto the problem that everyone else is having. Blue silver can you give me an order number so i can chase it down.

Pm Sent

MarkG
07-03-2007, 01:14 PM
I only have one slight problem with RC Hobbies, in regards to an order I placed last week. I'm not saying it's Fred's fault at all, but there needs to be some type of product knowledge in order.

Basically I told RC Hobbies I wanted to order an F.O.C kit for my Revo, and asked if the basic kit - part # 5394 was all I need to purchase, as I was pretty sure it was, but wanted to make sure there weren't any other parts I needed to finish the job.

I got an email back, saying I also needed part # 5414, which was a centre diff kit. I thought that seemed strange, but I ordered it none the less. I've now come to find out :

a) Part # 5394 was all I needed.
b) Part # 5414, which cost me $80 isn't required.
c) Part # 5414 also runs with the optional rear brakes, which I didn't purchase.

Long story short, I was told I needed to buy an $80 part, which I don't.

Communication people.

Like I said, this is not a direct finger being pointed at Fred, but someone needs to do some research.

*end rant*

Edited by: MarkG

davway
07-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I only have one slight problem with RC Hobbies, in regards to an order I placed last week. I'm not saying it's Fred's fault at all, but there needs to be some type of product knowledge in order.

Basically I told RC Hobbies I wanted to order an F.O.C kit for my Revo, and asked if the basic kit - part # 5394 was all I need to purchase, as I was pretty sure it was, but wanted to make sure there weren't any other parts I needed to finish the job.

I got an email back, saying I also needed part # 5414, which was a centre diff kit. I thought that seemed strange, but I ordered it none the less. I've now come to find out :

a) Part # 5394 was all I needed.
b) Part # 5414, which cost me $80 isn't required.
c) Part # 5414 also runs with the optional rear brakes, which I didn't purchase.

Long story short, I was told I needed to buy an $80 part, which I don't.

Communication people.

Like I said, this is not a direct finger being pointed at Fred, but someone needs to do some research.

*end rant*
nothing stopping you posting here and asking what parts are needed for the conversion if you are in doubt. thats what i do when im not sure of something.

El Pedro
07-03-2007, 07:09 PM
If you plan on using the centre diff you don't need the FOC as it comes with the CD. You will however need the rear brake or you will only have front brakes. Another thing with the CD it comes filled with 100,000wt oil, it is no where near enough, you will need to get your hands on some 500,000wt oil, it is near impossible to find. I got mine from www.amainhobbies.com (http://www.amainhobbies.com)

It's a bit of a hassle but if your racing (and your club allows use of centre diffs in MT class cough* cough* Flibble) the improvments in traction and cornering are amazing. You can also set up your truck to have more rear brake so you can flick it around tight corners.

MarkG
08-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Pedro - no I'm nor racing - just not a big fan of reverse and all those other gears and stuff that having the Opti-drive brings with it.

Long story short - I was told to order more parts than I needed, as I stated I only wanted a F.O.C - which I fitted last nite, so I've got a centre diff kit (with F.O.C included) still here in it's packet.

I might go to a full centre diff if I can be bothered ordering the rear brakes!!

woolly
08-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Long story short - I was told to order more parts than I needed, as I stated I only wanted a F.O.C - which I fitted last nite, so I've got a centre diff kit (with F.O.C included) still here in it's packet.

Just a thought, but have you been in touch with Fred?

He might refund, or exchange for something else... I don't know his policies, but if it's how you have stated, you might have a fair case.

MarkG
08-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Woolly - In all honesty mate - I CBF with posting things back and forth for a measly $80.00.

It was never about the money - more about the knowledge his staff have of their products.

El Pedro
08-03-2007, 08:31 AM
If your not racing just stick with the FOC you will have a lot more down low punch as the CD gives a slight loss of accelaration. Also a bit of a hassle and more $$$ to set your CD up properly.

MarkG
08-03-2007, 08:45 AM
thanks for that Pedro https://www.ausrc.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

Just a quick one - is it sposed to sound like the engine's running a bit 'leaner' with the F.O.C installed?

Mine was - and it was only about 100c heat or so - mind you it was still 40 degrees at 6.30 pm last nite.

Oblivion
08-03-2007, 10:08 AM
100c is fine, your engine wont run leaner but it will perform meaner https://www.ausrc.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

once i installed an FOC my truck wheelspins like a nutter off the line, definately acceleratesa whole lot quicker.

the performance is like its leaned right out, but its not the case it just really does make a big difference. ( i was gobsmacked at the difference)

MarkG
08-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Thank God - it sounded really like it was leaned out - and I was worried as hell!

Oblivion
08-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Woolly - In all honesty mate - I CBF with posting things back and forth for a measly $80.00.

It was never about the money - more about the knowledge his staff have of their products.

measly $80? not about the money?

you could always send it this way, your free tech support hours are almost used up and this would pay for many many more hours of the fabulous bliv support line https://www.ausrc.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif

MarkG
08-03-2007, 10:27 AM
lol - PM me your address and I'll post it to you!

Oblivion
08-03-2007, 12:13 PM
address supplied, but hold the anthrax coz it upsets my belly.

MarkG
08-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah man - I'll post out the diff tomorrow for you!