Australian RC Forums banner

.18 outrigger hydro build

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  FaLLeN25 
#1 ·
just thought some of you might be interested to see a boat build thred. so here goes. iam building a out rigger hydroplane it consists of a main hull and 2 sponsons(pontoons) it will have all home made hardware( if i can fins alum solder it will be aloy) the hull is made from ply and fiber glass it is going to be powerd by a ported sh.18. its 60cm long and the main tub is 6.5cm wide. iam making the sponsons after luch so ill post pics of them tonite after work

what do you all think??? it looks better in personlife pics are crapy

See less See more
#2 ·
can't really tell from the pics, but do you/ are you going to have any
vibration dampening to stop the engine/pipe from shaking the chassis
apart? or is that not a problem for nitro engines?

i've only seen the 1/5 petrol boats in person, and they have rubber
stoppers of some sort between the motor mount and the chassis.

#5 ·
yes i will have rubber isolation blocks bet ween the hull and mounts and the engine and mounts. and i also run 1/5 gas boats as well
milne i dunno as well i have 2 xtms 2 gas boats and now building this ohh and my ele tunnel. but i dunno how i pay for it all red roosters pay is crap for a 15 year old. $7.50 for being a crew person a crew trainer and a front B1atch.lol back to topic. my sponsons are drying from the glue i smothered them in and ill glass them tomorrow and get some picys up asap

#7 ·
ok while i dont really dabble in RC boats i saw this thread and i was dissapointed that the build pics didnt show the finished product! coulod you please pick up this thread as i am itching to see how this boat turned out!!!!

cheers,
FaLLeN!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.