Australian RC Forums banner

Removing spur gears

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  FW05T 
#1 ·
I need to replace my clutch and clutch bell on my fw05t, does any one have any ideas for removing the spur gears from the clutch bell?

#4 ·
The manual shows them seperate but infact they are not. You will need to buy a new clutch bell & gears to be able to change ratios, with the new bell/gears being screw on/off type. The original clutch bell gears are pressed on.... I watched my mate destroy his original clutch bell following the picture in the instruction manual

#5 ·
boydie1 said:
The manual shows them seperate but infact they are not. You will need to buy a new clutch bell & gears to be able to change ratios, with the new bell/gears being screw on/off type. The original clutch bell gears are pressed on.... I watched my mate destroy his original clutch bell following the picture in the instruction manual

Well if this is the case, any idea where i can get hold ofthe part number for the complete unit? Or do i have to replace it with all three new components? How much wear in the clutch bell is acceptable? The clutch is worn right down and has cut the spring in half.I just dont want to ruin a new clutch if i replace just the clutch.

#6 ·
I'm not to sure who's the best to buy Kyosho parts from in NSW, my mate used to buy all his stuff online or off some guy out Liverpool way (I think). If you have damage on the inside of your clutch bell then definitely replace it as it will only transfer back onto your clutch shoes.

#7 ·
You should really check out the clutch bell carefully, it may be the one with the replacement gears on it, if it pressed on, you should see it easily by looking in the back of the clutch bell.

You will always get marks on the clutch bell teeth but if it not heavily worn and the gears are still meshing nicely, you should be able to replace the clutch and get it back on the road again.

If you not sure feel free to drop in and ill check out the clutch bell for you and let you know.

Fred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.