Australian RC Forums banner

kyosho

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  twizm 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I bought one a couple of months ago from ebay. It's the BMW M3 version and it's a great car!! I could do burnout/donuts for minutes!!!! hehe. Broke the LF universal driveshaft- costly exercise $60 to replace. But in all, it's a nice car to play with. I recommend it.

BUT lately, the engine is playing up. It stalls when I go full throttle. Changed the plug and still no improvements, then I played around with the high needle- still the same. If anyone can help me with some tips, that would be great. Thanks.

#5 ·
Hi, Thanks for the input.
I tried richen the high needle and it improves a little but still can't hold FULL throttle long. It would stall after 2-3 seconds. Today was a bit cold so I will try again when it's warmer. IF not, I guess I will have to take it in the lhs for tuning.

Have you got yours sorted out agressive1?

#6 ·
Ozrevo said:
Hi, Thanks for the input. I tried richen the high needle and it improves a little but still can't hold FULL throttle long. It would stall after 2-3 seconds.  Today was a bit cold so I will try again when it's warmer.  IF not, I guess I will have to take it in the lhs for tuning.Have you got yours sorted out agressive1?
Yer i have my one sorted out, but i have a different engine (sts28).

How much did you richen it?

If you didnt do to much try doing a little more. The more you richen it the more fuel it gets, so your problem is when you give it full throttle it gurgles thus meaning its thirsty for a drink so richen it a little bit more

#7 ·
agressive1 said:
If you didnt do to much try doing a little more. The more you
richen it the more fuel it gets, so your problem is when you give it
full throttle it gurgles thus meaning its thirsty for a drink so richen
it a little bit more

You cant gurgle without fluid in your mouth, and the same goes for the
combustion chamber. gurgling = too much fuel = LEAN the mixture.

if it was coughing (hesitating) its got a DRY throat, and needs a drink.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.