Australian RC Forums banner

Brisbane Boaters

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  direwolf 
#1 ·
Where are Brisbane Model Boaters going these days?

I've got an electric Deep V - and wondering where to take it

#5 ·
My father was into model boat making in a big way for such a long time. I'm pretty sure the club was called SSS Model Boat Club and they were situated on private land at Mango Hill on the northside of Brisbane.

I think they have now moved across the road to the lake in "Northern Lakes (modern manufactured utopia for the masses)", try contacting the Northern Lakes Information Centre ... They might be able to help, seen them there most Saturday mornings when I have had

#6 ·
Close Mr Flibble,Dont mean to poke you in the eye but the area is called "North Lakes" 20 min from the CBD heading north from Brisbane up the Bruce take the mango hill turn off you cant miss it I used to live near there when it was just a new estate

#7 ·
yes it is north lakes, i lived there up untill 5 months ago exactly 7 roundabouts from the lake LOL. as normadic69 said "heading north from Brisbane up the Bruce take the mango hill turn off" onto Anzac Ave (heading towards Redcliffe not Kalangur), then go to the 3rd set of lights and turn left into Discovery Drive, follow it down to the round about and the lake is in front of you.

the only boaters i ever seen there were old blokes with there electric sail boats but, and IIRC it was almost every saturday morning.

#9 ·
there is a boat club that is connected to the carbrook golf club near redland bay just off the redland bay benleigh road not too sure what they call them selves i have seen boats there and they have a club house and a wharf type of setup on a lake from the old sand farm at carbrook

sorry i can't be of more help maybe ring up the golf club

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.