: im out of here

fatcat
24-01-2015, 02:34 PM
admin's or mods shut my account down, 10 day's still waiting for a post to be approved This is bull****.

brainless-esc
24-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Sad to read you feel that way fatcat.

I've read a couple of posts from others with the same concern.

With the passing of towie the guys taking up the load are new to the role and takes time for them to pick up on the notifications. With work and family life in the mix I guess things on the site are getting attended to slower than they used to.

I believe the behind the scenes work done by admin and mods is almost unending with post moderation, ceaseless spammers and posts like yours awaiting approval, they have lots to care for.

I'm just glad they do the work they do so forums like this one continue to remain operational.

fatcat
24-01-2015, 03:16 PM
To be Honest this forum has gone down hill from the day it was sold, As a lot of x members will testify to .

Vital-Blurs
24-01-2015, 03:49 PM
I approved all of the for sale threads that I could see a few days ago. Which one are you talking about, fatcat?

Blinding
25-01-2015, 07:58 AM
To be Honest this forum has gone down hill from the day it was sold, As a lot of x members will testify to .

agree it had been on a decline since then, which is a real shame :(

Vital-Blurs
27-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Most forums are in decline these days, thanks to Facebook etc. If anything, Chris could probably see it coming and sold at the right time.

But, I guess fatcat really meant it when he said that he was out of here. It's a shame that his descision was based on falsity :(

Fatcat,

1. You created your for sale thread on the 18th (Twincraft 46" mono)

2. You then created the slightly snarky thread titled "4 days?" on the 21st which would actually be 3 days after your initial post. That's cool though, I needed the reminder to go looking for posts that needed approval (I guess I'm the only mod now who visits regularly)

3. I apologised and immediately approved your thread.

4. You then started this thread on the 24th claiming that you'd been waiting 10 days for approval?.....that's actually 6 days and your post had been visible for 3 of those (it had about 20 something views by then)

I guess you didn't notice that your for sale thread was visible and had views when you started this one. So, there was really no reason to leave in a huff at all?.....either way, you didn't need to exaggerate.

PC WIZ
17-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Moderator? When did that happen? Well done!

Hope you been keeping well champ. :)

Vital-Blurs
17-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Hey Brett, good to see ya mate. Hope you're looking after yourself.

Yeah, I think LD gave me a recommendation, so they asked if I'd like to help out. I really just wanted to delete the spammers but it seems I've been stuck with looking after the selling section too. I honestly didn't think I'd be going it alone though :(

It's a shame that fatcat left under such circumstances, as I think I've got the hang of it now, but I appreciate brainless-esc's sentiment above. I'm probably the least knowledgable mod around :rolleyes:

Don't be a stranger now, mate. We miss your late night posts ;)

brainless-esc
17-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Credit where credit is due vb,

We live in a society that is growing more impatient and all too quick to pick at all the faults, to point out everyone else's failings. Yet can't be bothered to say thanks.

Someone's sig somewhere says something like 'if you are not prepared to offer to be part of the solution, you have no right to be critical.'

Sandman77
20-03-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm happy to help out if needed too btw guys. I still kick around here most days.

Vital-Blurs
20-03-2015, 02:42 PM
On ya Sandman. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I'll recommend you if I get the opportunity.

It's strange, Peter and Zoomer login quite regularly, but we don't really hear anything much from them. I started a thread in the moderators section several weeks ago asking for help in the selling area......not only has the thread received zero responses, but it hasn't even had any views :shocked:

ozziii
20-03-2015, 04:52 PM
I wanted my account deleted because there has been very little on here to do with 1/8 nitro buggy/truggy racing etc but it hasn't been done, probably a good thing I guess though as although there is little here that I have much of an interest in I have replied to a couple of posts recently to do with nitro engines etc, so I guess I can stay & help someone here & there if possible, I like helping people if I can & if its to do with 1/8 nitro then thats even better, so I still keep having a bit of a look each few days just in case.

Sonic
20-03-2015, 08:50 PM
On ya Sandman. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I'll recommend you if I get the opportunity.

It's strange, Peter and Zoomer login quite regularly, but we don't really hear anything much from them. I started a thread in the moderators section several weeks ago asking for help in the selling area......not only has the thread received zero responses, but it hasn't even had any views :shocked:

I moderate 1 forum and 2 FB Groups. In the past when Forums where the bees kneezz i used to moderate 3 forums.Forums are a dying thing trend now....

admin
21-03-2015, 03:56 AM
Hey there guys.

I'm sure we can recruit some more mods. I will need to ask the other mods online if they don't mind. If Vital-Blurs doesn't mind, we should check the Mod log to see if any of the current mods are helping out.
If not, then we'll start asking. :)

Sorry to make you guys all wait.

~ LL, community support

Vital-Blurs
21-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Sure, I don't mind......but I wasn't meaning to start an inquiry :behindsofa:

mouse
21-03-2015, 08:14 PM
I've never had anything to do with forum admin, but I'm around most days so if I can help out let me know.

Sandman77
22-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Sadly forums are a dying breed. Facebook groups are all people seem to be bothered with and they're useless as a bank of information, only good for trading. Sad really, When I joined up when I was 14 and right up until probably around 2 years ago the forum was thriving, met many mates through here as well. But since the lack of activity has spelt its decline.

mouse
22-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Sadly forums are a dying breed. Facebook groups are all people seem to be bothered with and they're useless as a bank of information, only good for trading. Sad really, When I joined up when I was 14 and right up until probably around 2 years ago the forum was thriving, met many mates through here as well. But since the lack of activity has spelt its decline.

Agreed, the couple of forums I follow have all gone quiet.

Sonic
24-03-2015, 04:57 PM
I can see fatcat frustrations............ I posted an add in the for sale section 2 days ago and hasn't been approved yet......

losi
25-03-2015, 02:42 PM
you's need to bring back the large scale scene back here as well....

and put some mods in that know what there actually talking about ...

facebook is crap and useless .... this forum use to be the bee;s knee's wtf happen ....

ozziii
25-03-2015, 08:30 PM

facebook is crap and useless .... this forum use to be the bee;s knee's wtf happen ....

Gotta agree about Facebook, well most of it anyway, need to filter out all the crap & only join pages/groups that actually have some decent info & people who know a thing or two about RC.
I'm only really interested in the racing side of RC, although some of the crawlers/scalers stuff looks reasonably good but there is just so much spam & advertising that it makes it a PITA. I do have a group & page I run myself on FB though, but they are not basher type groups/pages. One is for 1/8 RC offroad racing in Australia to promote racing & try to get more people to join in & I post event links & other racing info for Australia, & the other is for the brand of buggies I run & is there to help others who run the same brand & I keep making sure there is no selling or very little & no spam crap, post spam & your gone, no 2nd chances, even the owner of the company is on the group, also team manager is on my JQ Products group & he also posts to help others in Australia & other places so Facebook can be good if used the right way.
I do like the forums for RC info though but yes, facebook has taken over, specially for all the bashers out there & those who race are normally heading to RC Tech as thats where the info is & the top racers & companies of the RC world.

ozziii
25-03-2015, 08:34 PM

Gotta agree about Facebook, well most of it anyway, need to filter out all the crap & only join pages/groups that actually have some decent info & people who know a thing or two about RC.
I'm only really interested in the racing side of RC, although some of the crawlers/scalers stuff looks reasonably good but there is just so much spam & advertising that it makes it a PITA. I do have a group & page I run myself on FB though, but they are not basher type groups/pages. One is for 1/8 RC offroad racing in Australia to promote racing & try to get more people to join in & I post event links & other racing info for Australia, & the other is for the brand of buggies I run & is there to help others who run the same brand & I keep making sure there is no selling or very little & no spam crap, post spam & your gone, no 2nd chances, even the owner of the company is on the group, also team manager is on my JQ Products group & he also posts to help others in Australia & other places so Facebook can be good if used the right way.
I do like the forums for RC info though but yes, facebook has taken over, specially for all the bashers out there & those who race are normally heading to RC Tech as thats where the info is & the top racers & companies of the RC world.

EDIT, lmao, this post wouldn't post & I had to wait to repost it, why, because "the forum requires me to wait 30 seconds between posts", seriously, this post took me a few minutes to write so whats the go there, just a bit rediculous I think. Who cares how soon you post after a previous post, not like I've just joined up. That need to be changed.

admin
26-03-2015, 06:07 AM
Hey Team,

1. What would you like the time gap between posts to be changed to?

2. As for mods do you all have any suggestions or would you like me to dig around?

3. Is there anything suggestions you all have to draw in more users to the site. How do you all feel about a new banner?

Any suggestions would be amazing, lets brain storm and see what we can all contribute :)

~ Glenda

Sandman77
26-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Not sure if you received the PM, but I'm more than happy to help out with mod work.

Ideally we need to get some clubs (nationwide) to have their discussion based on here. Back in the day SOLS, SALS and Brissy 1/5 all had their forums active as section on here. As well and the Pine Hills and a few others of the smaller scales.

Bekk
24-04-2015, 11:02 AM
admin's or mods shut my account down, 10 day's still waiting for a post to be approved This is bull****.

Can't say I blame you
I've had a look around and haven't seen anything outstanding.
Even the home page hasn't been updated since 2012
How do I unsub?