Australian RC Forums banner

Pipes for .32 size engines

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  doug 
#1 ·
G'Day what is the best pipes to get for .32 size engines and where to get them from?

The engine isn't holding a good a tune as it could with the pipe that I have.

So what type of pipes do you recomend for these engines. (Surefire.32)

#2 ·
Depends on what you want...

I think its longer pipe more accleration, Smaller pipe more high end power..

You also NEED a pipe which accepts your engine, A pipe to small such as one made for a .15 will not put out enough exhaust which will cause backflow into the engine and cause it to over heat...

You can get many pipes, Ussually the best would be the manifacturers as they've done testing with the engine But I have to say RBCONCEPTS pipes are excellent!

What you running currently?

#4 ·
Thanks for the info. At the moment the engine is a Surefire.32 and in running in a Giga Crusher with the Crushers standard pipes. They are a bit like boat pipes.

I have contacted Racers Edge who Surefire is the brand of and they haven't got any tuned pipes for the Surefire.32 as yet.

So I guess I am looking for a pipe that would give the best torque from the Surefire.32 but not loose too much of the high end power as well.

Any other ideas on what would work is greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
Like Raidvs said above TSAIS pipes are awesome, Prob the most powerful pipes around, Not sure how they do it but they improve anything..

There is one distrubutor in australia and hes a ass to deal with so buy from O/S Im still waiting for my parts a week after he said he would post them!

Im not sure which one will work with .32 pipes but most pipes are designed for .21-.30 im sure they can handle .32 without a problem..

How fast is that giga with both engines running?

#6 ·
Thanks for the reply, Top speed hasn't change (still running the standard gears) but the amount of torque has.

The truck weighs in at about 6.5kg with fuel and as most of the weight is more towards the front wheels rather than in the centre it still lift the front whells of the ground is you give it full throttle from a stand still.

Do you have a web site for the distributor for TSAIS pipes?

I did a search but all I could find was pipies on ebay.

How loud are these pipes? I have a Revo with an RB323 motor and pipe and is pretty loud. I don't what a real loud pipe, soething simular or just a tad louder than what I have now would be good.

Thanks again.

#7 ·
Im not to sure mate, Some pipes are made for blistering sound and some are not..

The louder the sound comming from it the more back flow the more backflow the more punch you have.. Thats why traxxas came out with the resonator.. a mix of both!

the tsais ones are decent quiet tho..

The tsais importer is on ebay I think its action_**** I forgot lol action_ something anways!

Hes overly expensive since the street price is $100 yet he sells for $200
pretty big price jump!

And they are rear exhaust like yours they are side exhaust so you will need a delfector to keep ur cover from being messed up and the insides too..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.