: EMCC New Track Build

mouse
09-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Now that we are getting very close to starting to build the new track though I should start a track build thread so we can show the progress of the build.

The clay for the track build was delivered on Saturday 8th March. So we are now just waiting on the approval from the council on the last bit of paperwork and we will be setting a date to start building the track and fence.

Big boyz toyz
09-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Good on you Mouse. I hope it all comes together for you, you have been at this awhile now.

mouse
09-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Good on you Mouse. I hope it all comes together for you, you have been at this awhile now.

Thanks, there has been a few of us working on getting land for a long time now. Looking forward to turning these piles of clay into a track as soon as we can.

mouse
13-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Final part of the building application paperwork has now been approved by the council. Now we can start turning the piles of clay into a track.
Keep an eye out for the date to start the building, so we can get all hands on deck to help us get the track and fence built.

towie964
14-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Dont forget to take lots of pickies

mouse
14-03-2014, 05:03 PM
The plan is get lots of pickies so we can show the progress and look back at where we started. Now, not to get to court up in the build and forget to take the pickies.

mouse
23-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Well the track build has started. We didn't call for any help for this part as 90% of this bit is machine work. The track has been lightly scraped to remove some of the grass, more to be done but you can see the lay out. Corner 2, 4 and a table top have been shaped and the other jumps will be formed in the next week or so. We still need to get a roller on to these jump etc but drop by and have a look. Please remember that the track is still sometime from being ready to drive on but we can't drive it until the fence is built so we will be calling for help to build the fence in the coming weeks. Thanks to Savage Sam for your work and track design and to Snowy for operating the Bobcat.

RCNitroAddict
24-03-2014, 06:32 AM
Awesome news about the progress :)

Congrats to everyone involved with the speedy track progress!

towie964
24-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Great work guys....

So you need Fence supplies and builders, and someone that has a quad with camera to get some aerial shots of the progress for you

Looks like you got a nice piece of land as well, no one to complain about the noise :)

RCNitroAddict
24-03-2014, 01:29 PM
It's quite a good little block Towie, right next to a council depot/office

Will be a great track for the guys in the eastern suburbs as it's close by (or anyone else who's willing to travel, like myself) for a practice run or social race with others

savagesam
24-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Having the council depot next door is great as there is always people around there yard to keep an eye on the place, 2nd the council offices are a short walk across the carpark and road so the officers involved can also keep an eye on the place, the funds for the building fence materials is all arranged so it will be more a case of many hands make light work, lots of star pickets to go into the ground, posts to be cemented into place for the solid corners structure and gates, wire stringing and wire mesh to be installed.

The machines will be doing more work over the next two weeks and shaping the area and then a roller will settle all the bobcats works so we just need to hope that the weather gods give us a few really good drinks of rain so that each of the loose mounds can get well soaked through, once they are rolled its much harder to get water into them so I hate to say this but pray for some rain in the next 14 days, rain dances will help im sure.

Once all the machine work is done it will then be time to arrange the major working bee weekend ( sat & sun ) for the fences to get built so keep your eyes posted on this thread and hope to see many of you at that working bee to help get it all fenced off at which point we can then get some cars on the track and have some fun, until then please keep cars off the area to give the mounds time to settle and the council officers happy, cheers Savage

mouse
05-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Here is a couple of pics to show how the track build is going.
The machine work is continuing and is getting close to being finished. All jumps etc are built, track and jumps are being covered with the good clay and shaped. Next is to roll the track and then the fence can be build so we can start driving on the track. This is still sometime off yet but will keep you posted.

mouse
05-04-2014, 10:33 PM
If anyone is going to go and have a look around can you please enter only from Eastgate Ct and not through the Lewis Rd factory. Between the factory's is private property and has trucks, forklifts and costumers cars moving around in there. We have been ask by the owners to not come through there for safety concerns. we would like to keep on the good side with the factory owners so please only use Eastgate Ct. Thanks EMCC

savagesam
18-04-2014, 12:42 AM
HELP NEEDED : Any one that plans on becoming a member of the club or just planning on using the track we need your help right now, the track layout is now completed, the surface has been scraped as smooth as it can be with the bobcat and now needs to be rolled and compacted, the drivers stand/mound is also ready as pictured, we are planning on getting the roller in next weekend but what we need right now is as many people to go down to the track over the Easter long weekend and during next week and take a bucket/container with you and collect any and as many rocks over a 10 cent piece size from the racing surface before we roll these small rocks into the surface.

We would like these rocks then placed on the concrete slab that is also pictured so that we can see what has been collected which will show how much interest there is in people wanting to use the track and property, these rocks will cause issues in the track surface if they get rolled into the final racing surface as they will pull out over time and the track surface will get rough so please spare a few hours to call past and help remove as much of this rock as possible over the next week before we plan on rolling the track, cheers Savage Sam and the guys at Eastern model Car Club.

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp168/SavagexSam/IMG_4087_zpsef652e95.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp168/SavagexSam/IMG_4090_zpse33c1597.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp168/SavagexSam/IMG_4097_zpse603e700.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp168/SavagexSam/IMG_4099_zps0b1307b6.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp168/SavagexSam/IMG_4102_zps4f886f1b.jpg

stefana
22-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Has anyone got access to a flat top truck? We require free of charge.
Need to move equipment from Northern Suburbs to Ringwood within the next week. Its 1 trip.

Thanks

savagesam
01-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Working Bee at Eastern Model Car Club track this Friday and Saturday at East Gate Court, Knox ( 1/8th & 1/10th scale nitro & ep ) the track layout is done, been rolled twice so its time to get the piping pegged down around the track layout before the safety fence goes up and then its open for traffic, would be good to see a few helpers down there over the next two days, cheers Savage Sam

mouse
18-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Help Required...
We are looking at having a Working Bee this weekend Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th May and we need your help get the work done so we can all start using the track.
Some of the jobs that we need to get done before we can start using the track.

Track edging cut to size, shape and pegged down.
Corner apexes installed.
Drainage works to be completed.
Apx. 120m of fence to be built and gate installed.
Fencing to be put around the top of drivers mound.

As you can see there is a lot of work to be done so if you are wanting to use this track when it is finished we need your help to get this work done.

Will post more info later in the week on times and what to bring.

Thanks.
EMCC

Sandman77
18-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Depending on work I'll try and make it down sunday.

mouse
23-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Hi all
Sam has been at the track today and due to the rain we have CANCELLED Saturdays working bee, but weather permitting we will be there Sunday, and hopefully next weekend Sat & Sunday see below Sam's post from our Facebook page.

After inspecting the track and surrounding area this afternoon, the working bee for this Saturday to build the saftey fence has been CANCELLED, still have my fingers crossed for some works to be done on Sunday but its a play it by the weather man tommorow, will keep you guys posted that planned on attending to help out.
, cheers Savage

towie964
23-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Weather is doing the same to us up here...good luck for Sunday

mouse
24-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Weather is doing the same to us up here...good luck for Sunday

Weather is very annoying. Im sitting here looking out at no rain and patch cloud thinking maybe we could have done some work. But I know that the ground is to wet to do anything. Very annoying.

mouse
24-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Sam and I will be at the track from 8:30 tomorrow (Sunday) Below is a copy of what Sam has posted on our Facebook page for the ones that haven't liked our FB page and may not see it. Hope to see you at the track tomorrow.
Col.

Well with today's sunshine and the forecast not looking to bad for tomorrow ( Sunday ) Colin and myself will be at the track from 8:30 getting some of the piping cut and layed, there are other small jobs that would be great to have a few helpers take care if too, savage Sam

mouse
25-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Well the weather gods have won again, todays working bee has been CANCELLED. Had a heavy dump of rain this morning and it is now to wet to do any work.
Keep an eye on here and our Facebook page and we will try again next weekend.

mouse
30-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Savage Sam is going to be at the track Saturday from 8:30, see below his post from our Facebook site.
I can't be there as I have to work this weekend so if you want to use the track in the future please get down there and give Sam a hand. He has already put in meany days there by himself so please don't let him do another day by himself.

WORKING BEE SATURDAY, Ok guys with the sun being out for the last two days and Saturday morning looking all clear, Savage Sam will be at the EMCC track from 8:30 in the morning, cutting up the track boarder piping and pegging it down if people can get down early in the morning with light shower expected late afternoon it would be good to get as much done as possible, cheers

mouse
18-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Hi All.
WORKING BEE THIS WEEKEND Saturday 23rd Aug. Start time 8:30 Sat. morning and all going well also Sunday. The weather is looking good so we are going to start building the safety fence around the track, the fence on the drivers mound, also some ag pipe edging around the track. We need helpers to get this built so we can start using the track and running race and practice days for you. More info later in the week. Hope to see you there. Col.

towie964
19-08-2014, 12:05 AM
Sounds like the track is taking shape Col, is good to see it coming closer to ready for use...I hope you get a heap of workers to get this done

Come on boys...any one in the area with a free day this week end...why not drop down and give the boys a helping hand, show your support for our hobby and passion and help a new club get off the ground and racing :)

Sandman77
19-08-2014, 11:00 AM
I'll be there Saturday Col.

mouse
19-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Sounds like the track is taking shape Col, is good to see it coming closer to ready for use...I hope you get a heap of workers to get this done

Come on boys...any one in the area with a free day this week end...why not drop down and give the boys a helping hand, show your support for our hobby and passion and help a new club get off the ground and racing :)

I'll be there Saturday Col.

Thanks for your support Pete. Hope to get a few there to help, this is when we need it as most of the main machine work is now done it is hands on work now.

See you there Sandman, Thanks.

mouse
21-08-2014, 09:05 PM
WORKING BEE is still going ahead on Saturday & Sunday (weather permitting Sunday and see how we go on Saturday). I'll be there from around 8:30am. I hope to have all tools required but some tools that people could bring are, shovel, crow bar, wheel barrow, large hammer/sledge hammer, star picket post driver and anything to build a fence. Main work is going to be the safety fence (installing pine posts, star pickets and wire) also the fence panels up on the drivers mount and a and fence between the factory's. We also have some ag pipe to do some of the track edges. So if you want to use the track come down and give us a hand, there is plenty of work to do before we can get approval to start using it.
See you there. Col.

mouse
22-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Does anyone have access to a dingo or similar to drill the post holes on Saturday for us, the one that we thought we had for the weekend has now fallen through. If you can donate the use of the machine we are happy to pay for the fuel.
Thanks
EMCC

mouse
23-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Good day at the working bee today (Sat.) Thanks to Peter ( who is not into RC but is still helping for the weekend) Nathan, Grant, Mark & Angelo. Got all posts into the ground and some of the fencing on the drivers mound.

We are back there 8:30am Sunday, need more help so if you want to use this track come on down and give us a hand to get it up and running.

Keep an eye on our Facebook page, (Eastern Model Car Club) if it is to wet to work I will post it on there.

mouse
24-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Another good day of work done at the track today. Thanks to Peter, Angelo, Nathan & myself. All the corner framing for the fence is done and the gate hung, also the fencing on the driver mound.
Keep an eye out as we hope to be back there next weekend to continue with the fence, also need to get the track edging done and still some drainage works. So you can see there is still a lot of work to be done and we need help.

mouse
28-08-2014, 08:22 PM
ANOTHER WORKING BEE this weekend 30th & 31st Aug.
We are going to be back at the track again this coming weekend to continue on the fence build.
I again have people who are not RC related coming to put in their time to help get this track up and running.
So if you are wanting to use the track we need your help, even if it is only an hour or two. We can't get council approval to start using the track until this work is done.
So who is available to help?

mouse
30-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Well another day of fence building over and done with till tomorrow.
Thanks to Peter (A non RC person) Angelo, Luke, Colin, Paul (Knox 1/10), Paul and myself.
Got star pickets in and wire on, Sunday the wire mesh goes on. Also got the fence up on the drivers mound finished. Some of this fence on the drivers mound will be upgraded at some stage.
To anyone coming to help on Sunday, I will see you there. I will be there from 8:30

I will try and put up some pics of how we are getting on.