Australian RC Forums banner

rc warships shooting killing and sinking

22K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  forged_fish 
#1 ·
See less See more
#10 ·
from somewhere i read, they have a strong centre hull which houses the radio gear and batteries. the main hull you see is made of thin balsa wood and thin paint.

brenton

#11 ·
they use high powered air bb guns the ball bearings willbreak skin at close range the guns reload themselves they also have on board pumps to pump out water and the main reason they point down is because if they were able to point up they are classed as a dangerous weapon and now for the bad news is they can cost up to and over $2000 good fun but as soon as iv finnished my race boats and tugboat hello bismark

#12 ·
Yeah Iv'e known about this stuff for a while. Basiacally their boats are 1:144 scale models of real ships bulkt between 1901 and 1946 whcih have a fibreglass hull with windows cut into it then covered up with balsa. They use CO2 powered cannons to shoot little ball bearings. Everything is waterproofed and once they have been sunk they are recovered and they cover the holes with

Edited by: savagebasher

#13 ·
Hi peoples, i am an active member of the brisbane battle group, i have a Prinz Eugen heavy cruiser in the dry docks at the mo, and a royal oak merchant ship seaworthy.
Our club is small but progressing nicely and with helpful blokes and lady's. we have our own pond to reek havok on, so we are needing new captains to make a larger battle fleet, so if you live in bizzy and ready to step up to the most challenging exciting and rewarding hobby PM me and i'll give you some contact details!

P.s there's a model show comming up very soon and we will have our own display, i will let you know the details.

#17 ·
homergt351 said:
i want one
but they cost way to much 2000 dollarss u can proably make 1 that is cheaper and more stronger.
Yes not cheap but not impossible, ibet you have spent enough on your hobbys to have about 6 battleships
. The hulls are very strong, they have to resist cannon fire. theships are designed to sink, the cut out sections on the sides of the hull are covered with balsa, covered in silkspan and modelling dope. You could build a merchant ship you only need 2 ch, there's no cannons, but someone will let you have ago of their battleships if you join their club.

Forged Fish

P.s where you guys from?
Edited by: forged_fish

#21 ·
Grassy said:
Contact info recived. Are the website times/places still accurate? I'l have to head out & check it out!

Grassy, not to sure if those times are correct, give the guys a call, tell em your intensions on going out to have a look, and they'll put on a good show for ya
,also some people might be selling a boat or two, if not, i'm sure you will get to have a go of something!

Cheers,

Forged

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.