: Welcome to the new SEQ Offroad RC Club

towie964
29-11-2013, 10:33 AM
AS most will be aware by now, the old BLSO is no longer

The track has been resurrected by a new proprietor, and under complete new management

I would like to welcome Jeff to the forum and welcome his new club into the AUSRC family

I hope everyone gets behind him to get his new club up and running

Kind Regards and Best Wishes

Pete

BeatsMe
29-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Wish you guys a successful future, all the best.

RogerDaShrubber
29-11-2013, 11:32 AM
I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would be doing yet another off road club. 5th is a tiny segment, and the Belmont club has that pretty much sewn up, EPR have the land and are also planning to make an off road complex, PHDR is lucky to get enough drivers each week to run a meeting, Logan are a little better off, but 8th club racing is dying a slow and painful death as the cycle goes back to on road racing and Sunny Coast have just about folded sue to mismanagement. The only off road segment that is seeing any growth is 10th EP but that is not going to be the focus of this track and would be in direct competition with Chargers at Redbank and even then, the push is towards indoor tracks for 10th with a carpet track opening soon on the Northside to fill that market.

Not wanting to start a **** fight or anything or poo poo on all your hard effort, and i really do wish them the best of luck, but one has to question the sanity of yet another off road club in a saturated and dying segment.

BeatsMe
29-11-2013, 11:46 AM
I think that the future for 5th scale will be changing in the coming years, with now 2 National events here in Australia already being a huge success, i personally say 5th scale is going to get stronger and stronger.... i can't wait to be doing Nationals at different tracks in different states, but yeah ok a few of them will be in sunny Queensland.

SEQ Offroad RC Club
29-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Ok, so I know that belmont almost have a monolopy on 1:5, but honestly can you go there anytime you want?

Our track will consist of a multi format with short cuts being able to be changed to suit different scales whether its truggy, buggy baja or sct.

We will also encourage interclub competition and also just a proper track for the general public to use.

There will also be the crawler trail.

We plan to have twilight/night racing

I believe if you restrict yourself to one scale or type that can cause problems, so elec, nitro or petrol and 1/16, 1/10 ,1/8 and 1/5 will be catered for.... did i miss anything for the offroad guys.....

well yes I did.... 1/4 scale speedway.... we have permission to put one in..... if we find someone to do it that wants a track and meeting place.... can even get another 20ft container for a drivers stand for them!

BenV.2
29-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Also I'm selling more 5th scales than anything else at work at the moment so it's definitely a growing market in this area.

I'll spread the word about the track at work. (Mr Toys @ Indooroopilly)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bew
30-11-2013, 07:31 PM
sounds promising and looks good, brings back some memories racing at BLSO, it was a great track. I think this is a good idea for another 1/5 track so long as it doesn't become a bunfight between the two clubs and some thought goes into calendaring events so they don't clash. best of luck, I hope at some point to make a visit, looks like it's time to get the baja going again https://www.ausrc.com/forum/images/smilies/xsmile.gif.pagespeed.ic.qOFX70XTN9.png

SEQ Offroad RC Club
30-11-2013, 07:54 PM
As Far as I am aware they are a race club. We are trying to be a family orientated club event to the point of letting the kids out on track on their bmx's whilst we have a cold drink and a sandwich between races.

Dont know if I want to tell the wife I am going to put in a vege garden to keep her occupied :D