Australian RC Forums banner

Aquacraft V24 Gas powerboat in OZ???

9K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  jett 
#1 ·
Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me to find a supplier of the Aquacraft V24 One-Design Gas Boat in Australia, as i've found it in the US and tawain but get bitch slapped with delivery costs (us$399 just for delivery)

Any help would be great, also if anyone knows of a shop in the Adelaide area that deals with large scale gas powered rc boats

thank you

#3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply, i got on to Dawn trading about them.. main agents in Oz for hobbico they got back to me and said theat they have been trying to get hold of the V24 for a while now but it Runs on a 75mhz feq ... not allowed on our side of the water (for land defence and ambos only)

dunno about any other large scale gassers do you? ones i can get here

#5 ·
cool links... thanks

Im not fussed if the boat ir RTR, semi built or full kit form. But I doIndustrial modelmaking as a job so i really dont want to have to build the thing from scratch and lay up the glass as i do it all day every day i just want a bit of fun.. and noise

#11 ·
Hi RYANMCOWAT

Large Gas boats are alive and well in SA there are a places you can have a look at them. There is a lawnmower shop on churchill road that has lots of gas boats. I have just bort one of these.If you are going to go gas go all the way these can do around 100kph with the right setup.

Edited by: Hammer

#13 ·
that is a very impressive shot!!!

what happens when the motor dies when its in the middle of the lake??.. do you go for a swim?..

#16 ·
The Shop is Adelaide Lawn Mower Centre

439 Churchill Road Kilburn

Have a look there but there are other places you can get them. The best thing to do is go to a race meeting and talk to people. Thenext race meeting is on the 25th June on the Torrens Lake next to the Morphett street bridge.

Fishing Rod with a tennis ball on the end of the line is the best way to get the boat without getting wet.Edited by: Hammer

#17 ·
I presume you have tried to use the online order - from the aquacraftmodels webpage --> tower models. I got a shipping charge of ~US$230 which is rather excessive i know...

If you look on ebay there is a deep vee hull boat - "Hornet" which is 1.15m long and has a 26cc petrol engine.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...20028865537&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Very similar specs to the V24 - for around the $600 mark plus shipping.

I am looking at buying one - don't mean to hijack but anyone got any opinions on the Hornet??

Cheers Jez

Edited by: jett

#18 ·
Be careful of those ebay boats from China. Some are really crap quality and the hornet being one of the crap ones.

The quality of some of the boats from China is starting to improve. Hopefully, they will continue to improve.

If you want to get a boat made in China, give this place a go

http://www.performancehobbies.com.au/105.html

This guy builds race quality boats and he is going to make sure the China boats he sells have any problems fixed. He has already upgraded the el-cheapo radio to a JR XS3. Apparently the boats will arrive in around three weeks so I'm keeping my eye on what is going to be on offer.

#20 ·
jett said:
Are you saying that the Hornet is from China?

The seller is Australian - I couldn't find any other information on the net about the boat though...

im not sure about the seller you referring to but you might want to double check the fine print, a lot of the time they say "ships from hong kong" or similar even though the seller is in Aus..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.