Australian RC Forums banner

Team Losi Mini-T

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  foolSp33d 
#1 ·
Ok...Whos is sick of my Mini T problems. Its givin me the irrates!! Anyway.....

I was racing around my local skate park an having a ball up an down the ramps, sideways down the halfpipe oh the joys of the mini t. Untill i went off the lip of the bowl. Mini landed on roof... no worries just jump in an flip...done. but wheres my power!? the battery is only 2 mins off charge an is goin like its got aa;s in it....

What have i done! My first thought was loose wire/s. check-recheck all in good order. esc... all plugged in steering has HEAPS of balls. motor has none. its not a stock motor, its got a graupner speed 300 in it(thanks dandy man
) an i luv the power it HAD. but what could i have done!? is it possible to "shock" the motor? could i have broken a magnet or something? I have put the battery on a multi meter-7.4 volts(li-poly) out of the esc 7.2-4 volts at motor connection. Im at a loss so now its in at hoppers getting serviced(hopefully fixed) but was hesitant as to taking it there...(regulars will know i have a thing against hoppers) anyway, if they fix an do it cheaply(a hahahahaha) i'll eat my words an praise them, otherwise.. well.... more bad press...

So the Question is:

Anybody had similar problem? Any Suggestions for what to check?

See less See more
#2 ·
bad luck man,

did you motor still spin freely and smoothly? sounds like you have smashed the magnets. when they crack, you will feel(and hear)a notch then you turn the motor shaft, or if they smash, the motor will lock up.

i've got a mini-t too, and on the 1st day of having it, i was jumping it on the concrete and smashed the magnets in the stock motor. then a couple of days later i ripped my peak performance chubby out of my micro and put it in the mini-t and smashed its magnets after 1/2 a batterey
so now i have a speed 300 and thanks to not jumping on the concrete it has lasted quite some time.

but good thing about the speed 300 is thats its only $20 for ur LHS, so... yeh.

on a side note, what your mini-t setup?

i've got a hitec 27meg reciever, GM V4R, hitec 81MG servo and 6cell 2/3 KAN pack.

i also have 2 broken dog bones, 2 broken rear hubs, 2 bent shock 'shafts' all my turnbuckles are ~ shaped, and one is broken, my upper deck(radio tray thing) is broken right down the middle, and my wheels are cracked.

but besides all that, its wicked fun.

anyways,
Mad Man
Wallis Racing

#3 ·
a ha ha ha, sorry man, sounds like u been out havin a wicked lil bash! nah the mini is all stock bar the speed 300. thinking that the brushless conversion would make for some interesting fun
might be the next step. will just replace as i go
where bouts u from madman?? ware u get spares? not drive it on concrete
wats i meant to drive it on!? house is to small grass is to long...

Mini still goes.. forward/reverse turns everything, is just GUTLESS. like seriuosly.. so not sure, wheels turn freely, lsd, motor runs straight off bat. no worrying sounds. so unsure. i runnin li-poly 7.2? an stock everything bar the 300. I WANT BRUSHLESS!

#4 ·
Haha, if its a bit gutless then perhaps the rushes are just worn out... either way, if you have worked out that its your motor and definately not ur batts or electrics then just pick up another speed 300 for $20.

I'm in perth, so i go shopping in Radio Models. but they dont have losi parts, and there are very few people that do stock losi, and those that do dont have mini-t bits, so i end up ordering from Stormerhobbies.com

Anyways,
Mad Man
Wallis Racing

#5 ·
I HATE LHS!!! lol. not litterly( to b honest i wana marry the shop... just the shop not the people working in it or the way it is shaped, maybe i should propose to the stock....) anyway....

yeh ok was cooked li-ion battery
Not happy!!! just using the 5cell hump to get me through these stressful times... lacks punch but has great run time!! the local skate park has never seen me there 4 so long! good 30 mins till i went off the ramp-transferd onto a grind box... an the motor slipped. Doh No tools on me

but mini is going well! not as good as li-ion but good none the less... still wheelstands
is all stock gearing 60t 15t i think it is...??

still want brushless
u no wat best b/l conversion is madman?? nex time u browsing sus out prices for me pls?!
thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.