Australian RC Forums banner

Header Damage

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  jasrx 
#1 ·
I was wondering what the best solution to the header getting bent and crushed on the savage is. I read some where that people used some fuel tube on the chassis plate just under the header to solve the problem. Are the any other solutions?

#9 ·
The fuel tubing placed there will solve the problem of the bottom of the header getting dented, but i also get a dent on the top of the header as well. I assume its from the shock tower or the shocks themselves.

#14 ·
husky said:
alloy has zero flex. So instead of putting a dint in a $14 header you are going to bend a $50 shock tower
There has to be flex in the system somewhere to absorb the knocks
i have alloy towers and i havnt had any probblems with bending and that . but maybe that because i dont do any 15ft high jumping
. but each to there own

#16 ·
husky said:
LOL at one stage I had an alloy tower on the rear, it lasted 1 jump
but then again i dont really drive my savy I only jump these days so theres my problem,. I will never break a plastic tower
yeah see , i mainly try to keep my truck below the radar screen and not in it
. if i have any trouble ill just change them back . but then that will take some bling away from it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.