Australian RC Forums banner

WTB-Watercooled ESC

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Oblivion 
#1 ·
Does anyone have or know where I can get a watercooled ESC with two power adapters?

thanks

simon

#3 ·
thats almost exactly what I'm after thanks Oblivion does anyone have any others that run off two batteries but connect to one motor?

does this evx mater if it has connections for two motors, can I use it for the one motor?

Edited by: untamed25

#5 ·
untamed25 said:
thats almost exactly what I'm after thanks Oblivion does anyone have any others that run off two batteries but connect to one motor?

does this evx mater if it has connections for two motors, can I use it for the one motor?

what is your plan exactly, to run 2x 7.2V packs but power 1x 14.4V drill motor or similar 14.4V motor?

Michael said:
Isnt that ESC ment for like the Twin detonator?

the Emaxx uses the same EVX, but the one pictured and linked above is the water cooled Marine version, from the Traxxas Villain boat (twin motor boat)

Edited by: Oblivion

#6 ·
This is the link I got from Oblivion and thats what I'm kind of after and yes the plan is to run 2x 7.2V packs but power 1x 14.4V drill motor or similar 14.4V motor.

It's for a Nagade boat the motor is huge, a size of a vacum motor.

#7 ·
ill see if i can find the link to the better of 2 methods you can use.

get the opposite bullet connectors that will fit into the pos/neg evx leads. solder BOTH positives to the motor. do the same for both negatives. connect the other 2neg / 2pos "bullet' connectors into your EVX leads. (this prevents voiding the EVX warranty)

but i seen a better mod somewhere and they recomended that ONE side can have positive plug back into its own negative which provides 14.4V down the OTHER +/- leads.

so instead of having a second 7.2 motor, you effectively make a wire "jumper" to replace the motor with a direct loop back inandthe result is14.4 down the other line

but if done on the wrong side it can damage the esc i think? will try find the link i have somewhere about it but maybe someone else knows of the mod i refer to?

Edited by: Oblivion

#9 ·
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/forsale_esc.htm

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" height="100%" cellPadding=0 width=500><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=169 height="100%">

</TD>
<TD width=500 colSpan=4 height="100%">
<A name=rc_hydros></A>NEW Rc Hydro's Victory ESC's
Made by Andy Kunz of Montana Design.
These ESC's are the Cadillac's of Rc Boating!

Introductory Special!
Add a 700bb Turbo motor to any Victory ESC Purchase for only $29.99!
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=682 colSpan=5 height="100%">
This Water proof high performance electronic speed control is custom designed for the Rc watercraft market by a designer that not only makes ESC's but is also highly active in Rc Boating. This ESC is backed by years of experience.
One of the largest improvements in the Victory line of Esc's is the ability to program* low voltage cut offs for use with the new lithium chemistry cells available to the hobby.

The circuit board is water proof and water cooled to keep the temperatures down. It features 12 gauge wire to help minimize resistance. Models without BEC have Opto-Isolated circuit to reduce radio interference. All models have a Built in Fail-safe that powers down the motor power on a total radio signal loss.

This control is made to withstand the high stress of the Rc boating environment. This will help you spend less time fooling with control problems and more time on the water. These esc's also come with a Schottky Diode. If you want the best, these low resistance ESC's are the Only Choice!

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/forsale_esc.htm
Victory 10-32 cell 90 Amp Watercooled

<DD>
<LI>Watercooled & Waterproof </LI>
<DD>
<LI>10-32 cells or 3S-9S LiPo (40V max input) </LI>
<DD>
<LI>1.5" x 2.5" x 0.5" thick (40 x 65mm x 13mm) </LI>
<DD>
<LI>Programmable for Pistol-grip or Stick transmitters </LI>
<DD>
<LI>Programmable Low-Voltage-Cutoff (LVC) to save your LiPo cells </LI>
<DD>
<LI>Programmable PWM to match your motor's inductance best </LI>
<DD>
<LI>Weighs only 1.5oz (44g) with wires </LI>
<DD>
<LI>6-FET design for very low on-resistance (.0005 ohms!!) </LI>
<DD>
<LI>450A surge current, 90A continuous with water cooling </LI>
<DD>
<LI>Three-color LED shows OFF, PARTIAL, and FULL POWER settings </LI>
<DD>
<LI>All adjustments are done on your transmitter - no pots to fiddle with! </LI>
<DD>
<LI>Opto-Isolated to reduce radio interference </LI>
<DD>
<LI>No BEC - BECs carry noise directly into your radio </LI>
<DD>
<LI>Universal JR-style servo connector (compatible with Futaba, Multiplex, Hitec, and Airtronics Z </LI>
<DD>
<LI>12" servo leads allow flexible positioning </LI>
<DD>
<LI>Fail-safe powers down on radio signal loss (but doesn't glitch) </LI>
<DD>
<LI>Safe-On feature prevents glitching on power-up </LI>
<DD>
<LI>12AWG wire for minimum resistance </LI>
<DD>
<LI>Recommended for all 10-32 cell racing configurations </LI></DD>

</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>Edited by: Gumby190

#10 ·
<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" height="100%" cellPadding=0 width=500><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width=500 colSpan=5 height=23>
<A name=for_sale_esc></A>Electronic Speed Controls (ESC)
for Brushed Motors

</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=169 height="100%">

Click Picture to see this up close!</TD>
<TD width=500 colSpan=4 height="100%">
Jeti Navy 600 ESC

With a current rating of twice what the 700bb turbo motors require to run efficiently. This speed control is perfect for the 700 powered boats. The control is build with OPTO isolation to help stop motor interference and temperature overload protection. These are also sprayed with a special water repellent sealer to stop water damage.
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=682 colSpan=5 height="100%">
Specifications

-8 to 30cells!
-Size:44mmx23mmx11mm
-Weight: 22 grams with wires. oz.
-Output Current: 60amps
-Receiver connector: universal servo connector
-Water Cooling: 5/32 inch brass tube

Hope these help...............</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>Edited by: Gumby190

#12 ·
untamed25 said:

I think EXV sends 14.4V to both motors (connected parallel) -so both red motor wires go to the same point &both blacks to the same point. If you run 1 bigger motor just leave 1 pr of leads untapped.

The battery connectors are wired in series though (7.2V + 7.2V) so you need to always connect 2 packs. If you want to reduce that to just 1 plug you'll need to do some investigation... there'll be 1 black on 1 plug that's connected to the red on the other plug - which will be the connections you DON'T want to use for your red+black to your pack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.