Australian RC Forums banner

Sydney: LRRCC Time

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  mike 
#1 ·
To all Sydney-siders (and visitors or anyone willing to drive to Liverpool),

I would like to invite all new/potential racers and enthusiasts to an open day of practice at the Liverpool Radio Rallycross Car Club on Saturday, 31st of December 2005 from 10:00am - 3:00pm.

Track is located at the end of Iraking Avenue, Moorebank (take Kelso Crescent off Newbridge Road or Seton Road off Heathcote Road - bothwill lead you to Iraking Rd)

Track open to offroad nitro vehicles - 1/10th stadium truck 1/8th buggy, 1/8th truggy and monster trucks. Newbies Welcome

See what the 2006 Nationals layout looks like, have a go at one of the best offroad tracks in the country.

Or if you don't have a car yet and are considering any one of these vehicles, come along anyway and meet up with fellow RC'ers.Edited by: slwnstdy

See less See more
#5 ·
Decided to brave the heat and take the Revo out for a spin at LRRCC today and on second thoughts, staying home in the air-conditioning would have been a better option.

Firstly I'd like to say what a nice track the guys at Moorebank have (the crossover accounted for some carnage
), but alas my poor revo only made it to corner 1.

After battling for awhile to start the engine (note to self, don't allow 7yr old son with screwdriver anywhere near the tuning needles even if he says he knows what he is doing), the guys helped me get some response from the RB only to have it stall on a flip into turn 1. Given the heat, the frustration, and the slight embarassment, it was decided to call it a day and head home.

On return, I was determined to find out why the Revo was running like a dog so set up a workshop in the kitchen and proceeded to strip the beast down. After checking all the obvious things which checked out ok (no air leaks, good slipper adjustment, no binding etc), the next step was to strip the engine down and look for obvious signs of wear.

Well low and behold as I remove the air filter and check the carb, I notice something protruding from the air filter neck.... Vegemite toast. Seems my 2 yr old (who has a fascination of removing and replacing the air filter) decided to help daddy's air filter by adding some extra porous material. Luckily it doesn't look like any foreign matter has gotten into the engine so I wasn't too harsh on her.

Major lesson learnt... Pit crew must be over the age of 16.

A few notes from the day....

- great track although in need of a little TLC but I believe that is coming

- where was the welcome committee? I would have thought with it being an open day, committee members would be easily recognisable so us newbs could flock to you to sign up for membership

- might have missed it but food and drinks... god help any poor soul that didn't come prepared.

#6 ·
It been a great day for me, didn't do much damage, but my revo doesn't like the track (or I can't drive)

#7 ·
MonsterMadness - Yep..the day was fun...............but hot!...............so your engine really was "TOAST".........(sorry - poor joke - couldn't resist!)

My Terra Crusher drove around it with style...........you know, the brick on wheels. Just managed to keep it from forward rolling on every jump and actually, finished a couple of runs without breaking anything.

Which brings me to my XXX-NT!........With the assistance of SLWNSTDY, we found out why my battery boxes keep breaking - half the tranny case where the box screws to is broken and it broke even more yesterday, after a few decent hits with the track. Also lost some screwsto my Rotostartbackplatebut apart from that, the thing was actually running quite well. Yep - I need to learn to drive like the pros I was watching so I can actually keep the nose in the air on the jumps so it lands on its rears............time and further suspension tuning will tell.

It was also good to meet up with some of the forum fellows - Hiaaa and Paul were having a competition to see which Revo could fall from the greatest height without breaking something. From memory, these guys also didn't need the downramp from the table top - over the sides will do!

Also got to try out the M7 - From my door at Baulkham Hills to the track, took about 40 minutes......Whether I'll use it when the freebie period stops will be a different matter.

Cheers all,

Steve

(PS - Hiaaa - I'd be interested to see some of the video you took - Let me know if its available.)

#8 ·
Couldnt be arsed coming out yesterday guys. way too hot and I couldnt
figure out what was wrong with the diff without a tear down, something
i wasnt keen on doing in a 35C garage only to drive out west and sit in
40C sun
plus it was cutting close to my plans for the evening.

when is the next one scheduled for? im keen to give the RC18T a whirl around again.

#9 ·
I'd say TOASTED was a very apt description for my beast.

Yeah the M7 makes travelling throughout the greater west such a breeze but I agree once the toll kicks in, I'll be back to using the old back roads.

Going to slide into RC Hobbies tomorrow for some RB plugs and a sirio head. Hopefully sprucing up the RB will convince it to forget the toasting

#10 ·
Your Terra Crusher is good, my revo should call "track crusher"! lucky no one care what I did on the track

I will upload some when I got time.

#11 ·
I had a ball although my Savage overheated in the 2nd run. Too humid. They need to plant some massive trees or something to give some shade.

Tin can pit roof is too small too. The facilities aint too shabby but when you calculate the $$$ the track owners are making....

The membership is $100.00 a year, I'll say the track would have a minumum of 1000 members, that's $100, 000 a year, less some expenses for watering the clay, etc etc. For that much $$, I can build a freakin palace of a track with a swimming pool on the side and palm trees giving freakin' shade. Fit for a Maharaja King RC super geek.

Sherbrodski.

#12 ·
Sherbrodski,

I think I can remember seeing the savage going around, but I can't place you.

There were a few forum members there - we need to work out a way of identifying ourselves. Perhaps a yellow ribbon round the old antenna........... or something like that anyway.................Of course that's providing people don't mind being identified!

Cheers,

Steve

#14 ·
I think I have permanently scarred MIKEY MIKEY. I have this crazy image of the poor fellow, this is how I perceive Mikey Mikey on this forum, lurking and waiting to strike....ahem...here goes.....

.....</span>(heavy breathing)</span>...... need....to....take sherbrodski...down..... damn....... nightmares....... go...away......</span>(heavy breathing)</span>....eee....eeee....... eeeeee...... (starts to shake head uncontrollably)....eee..eee....(he's mum runs in.....calm down....calm down....it is ok son..... was Sherbrodski online again?)</span>

Daaaaaaaaaa.....ha ha ha.

Sherbrodski

P.S
Boo.

#15 ·
Sherbrodski said:
The membership is $100.00 a year, I'll say the track would have a minumum of 1000 members, that's $100, 000 a year, less some expenses for watering the clay, etc etc. For that much $$, I can build a freakin palace of a track with a swimming pool on the side and palm trees giving freakin' shade. Fit for a Maharaja King RC super geek.

Sherbrodski.

Wish we could have that swimming pool (with fully stocked bar of course) onthe side next to the creek, with accompanying grandstand
for spectators....Unfortunately, there are probably less than 70 members
to date...The races and a few generous individuals are what's providing funds to the club at the moment. Been a change of club management this year, too. So we will wait and see how it goes...

Glad that most had a good time despite the heat. That Revo of Hiaaa's friend looked really set up for racing - awesome combination: O.S.-18 TM with those new Crimefighter tires on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.