Australian RC Forums banner

customer service....

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
ok, my LHS i go to (only one in the whole of launceston) has new
owners....but the girl who works there knows nothen about anything...

mate and i went in to see if we could get a replacement for TL01
dogbones..there 38-39mm long,any brand would do, tamiya or not... she
looked through the box twice...went out back, come back, looked through
again..(20mins later) went out back AGAIN
..mind
you in this time 5-6 customers cam in ....waited...and left....she came
out again but with the guy, he told me that the dogbones arent in
stock, next order will be placed monday along with other orders....

anyone else had dodgey service like this.....im sure she is new
there...but dont a LHS need someone who knows what they are
doing???...the guy there took 5mins to explain there no bones, next
order monday...but instead we where in there for 40mins waiting for
her...ARGHHH...

sorry for the long post...

Nismo

See less See more
#2 ·
LOL its not just the lhs, it happens everywhere...

One of my mates who will remain nameless went into a large electrical superstore, which will also remain nameless (harvey norman), and proccedded to buy a stick of 512mb ram. The 'new kid' who served my mate went and unlocked the glass cabbinet, removed the box of 512mb ram, went to the counter, scanned the price tag on the box and slid the entire box into a plastic bag. My mate then casually walked out of the store and around the corner, where he broke out into a sprint back to his car and left.

When at home, he found to his delight that the kid had given him 18 siticks of 512mb ram for the price of one, and that e-bay might become his new best friend.

Some people jsut have no idea - makes me ask 'how did you get that job...'

#3 ·
Morphy said:
LOL its not just the lhs, it happens everywhere...

One of my mates who will remain nameless went into a large electrical superstore, which will also remain nameless (harvey norman), and proccedded to buy a stick of 512mb ram. The 'new kid' who served my mate went and unlocked the glass cabbinet, removed the box of 512mb ram, went to the counter, scanned the price tag on the box and slid the entire box into a plastic bag. My mate then casually walked out of the store and around the corner, where he broke out into a sprint back to his car and left.

When at home, he found to his delight that the kid had given him 18 siticks of 512mb ram for the price of one, and that e-bay might become his new best friend.

Some people jsut have no idea - makes me ask 'how did you get that job...'

That is incredible! How much is each stick of 512mb ram worth?

#5 ·
Will said:
That is incredible! How much is each stick of 512mb ram worth?

$200? More if its fancy 400 stuff or the small ones for notebooks.

Damned hard to find mobos to support 9GB RAM though. (Used to be able to get PCI cards that use RAM to emulate a HDD... Imagine setting up a 8GB RAM disk and putting your OS on that haha... instant startup!!)

#6 ·
nismospeed said:
....replacement for TL01 dogbones..there 38-39mm long,any brand would do, tamiya or not...

Dan:- I got some JET TA04/TL01 CVDs hopefully arriving sometime next week, should be under $30/pr *posted* - you interested??

I purposely ordered more than I needed to 'save' on the handling fees...

If I had gotten them on Friday I could have passed them onto your mate Jamie K... yes he is up here visiting!! But he leaves Sunday.

G
#9 ·
Zoomer,

yeah i new jamie was up there...looks like you had a good time on easter monday...

and jamie totalled his Z...

yeah im interested in the uni's...maybe right not at this moment....but let me know how much 2 pairs posted will be..."cheapest"

hmmm maybe i can walk into the LHS and ask for a job..lol..

Nismo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.