Australian RC Forums banner

Charger for a rx pack.

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  David O 
#1 ·
#2 ·
If you use a 3 way switch in you car, then you can get a quick charge lead.

3 way switch goes like this

The one plug on the switch plugs into the battery, another one plugs into the RX, and the third plug just stays unconnected.

You can then get one of these (similai to the one on the bottom right)
and plug it from the charger to the spare plug on the switch when you
wanna charge it, so you don't have to take the battery box apart.

#5 ·
David O said:
Where can I get a charger from to charge one of these - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000672146&I=LXHUJ3&P=K

Should any hobby store have a RX pack charger?

Thanks.

Is this what you are after http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6019209765&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

The seller is charasmatic, witty, sensible but has impecible timming for seeing the funny side of life as well. He loves animals and taking walks on the beach. Playing dutch oven is his special gift ...

#6 ·
David O said:
Do they make cheap wall chargers for RX packs? Like one of these but 240V - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFVD4&P=7[/QUOTE]

honestly, those cheap wall chargers are an absolute waste of time and money.

no peak detect etc means u never get a true full charge, because you have to time them. They also usually charge at a dismal 100ish Mah, taking 10-20hrs to do a charge, AND they only charge one type of battery.

Some places like Battery Packs Australia sell cheap Peak Detect chargers with Discharge like this Omni / Amnsman #MW7168 (same charger, different name) that will do ALL your battery needs in one charger for about $40+ a small freight fee.

its cheap and simple to use and for the majority of people will be a worthwhile investment... however if you race Electric RC and have expensive 7.2V packs to recharge constantly during race meetings, you might want to go with a more expensive unit with all the bells n whistles.

Several of my mates and myself use the Omni Charger with good sucess. Most places sell them for $70+ (i havent even seen them under $60 on ebay)

call Tim at Battery Packs Australia on 08-83366828 and tell him Glenn sent you,he will look after you. The $1.50 STD call will save you $30+Edited by: Oblivion

#7 ·
I use an Omni AND an Ansmann theyre that good. oh, and one of them came with the 2nd savvy

easy to use and charge fast enough for my needs.

I use a wall charger for my JR radio handset and for my Rx packs
too. I never run either fully flat so its usually just a top up
over night.

If you have a JR radio, you need a JR specified wall charger, as theyre
handsets use a reverse polarity socket, for some stupid reason.

Edited by: twizm

#8 ·
twizm said:
night.

If you have a JR radio, you need a JR specified wall charger, as theyre handsets use a reverse polarity socket, for some stupid reason.

that is true about JR being reverse polarity, but most radio's have reverse polarity protection just incase..

You dont have to get a specific JR charger if you do a simple soldering mod to your existing charger like this one below which my LHS recomended years ago:

you cut the charge lead and solder in a reversible plug... iwrote JR one side, and HITEC the otherso i knew which Tx i was ready to charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.