Australian RC Forums banner

Receiver Battery usage

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  twizm 
#1 ·
I am just wondering how many tanks do you get before you need to change/charge you receiver battery. I am trying to see if my battery is any good or if I should search for a longer lasting battery. So far I have done 5-6 tanks and I also use the same battery for my rotostart. This is the battery I have http://goodstuffcheap.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=17095&cat=279&page=1 <O
</O
Edited by: Dionisay

See less See more
#2 ·
I usually getabout4 - 5tanks of fuel using a 1100mAh custom made hump pack using FUTABA servos.

Charge the battery and notice how both the steering, throttle and braking servos operate. Observe the speed of the movement and torque it has. Even notice the maximum travel of the throttle.

For me, the first sign of a battery going flat is a noticable difference in servo travel and speed for the throttle, brakeand steering. Although it is still drivable, you do notice a lag in speed.

#3 ·
I use the 1200 NiMh Venom packs. I don't bash, but I use one pack for qualifiers (3 x races) and a fresh battery for main a and b. I used to do the day on one pack but definitely a little slower on response 5 races (5 tanks) in and with packs less then $20 is a no brainier for me .

#4 ·
I use a sanyo and a venom and will say the sanyo goes that bit extra same Mah and all but i've just found out latley that i was using the wrong charger and was put on the road to recovery and havent looked back....

#6 ·
Fully charged 1100-1200 should keep your RX running for at least an hour's use.

High torque servos & digital/FM radios will suck more power.

Dionisay said:
So far I have done 5-6 tanks and I also use the same battery for my rotostart.
Shouldn't be using the *SAME* battery for the rotostart.

Those packs are 5x AAs, the rotostarter should be fed with subCs not AAs.

#7 ·
Yeah.....RX use 6V don't they (my savage does using an 1100mah 6v hump pack). I thought rotostarts used 7.2V minimum??

My hump pack (above) does around 4 tanks but that's on grass...so far.

Timbo.

Edited by: timbo333

#9 ·
If you take a 12V battery and a charger for your RX pack, you can run
as long as you want. just take an RC18T along with a few battery packs
and charge at 2amps on the RX pack and youll put down the RC18T, pick
up the savage and away you go again!

or thats what i do....

#10 ·
i take one of those Jump Starters for cars. it is the 12V well 15 when fully charged and use that for my 7.2 roto batt and my 6V Hump pack.

EDIT: i run a 1100mah and i get about 6 hours if not more of use! ive fully chaged my pack one w/e and accidentally left my batt in on turned ON came back the next w/e and it was still charged enough for a bash.Edited by: AussieRCBasher

#11 ·
AussieRCBasher said:
EDIT: i run a 1100mah and i get about 6 hours if not more of use! ive
fully chaged my pack one w/e and accidentally left my batt in on turned
ON came back the next w/e and it was still charged enough for a
bash.

Im finding this hard to believe, after bashing all day ive left my
radio gear on accidently for the trip home and the batteries were
completely flat, one weekend is kind of stretching the fabric of the
truth.

You wont find a 3300 C pack that will last that long at idle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.