Australian RC Forums banner

Kyosho V-One RRR

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Oblivion 
#1 ·
HI Guys, does anyone know where to get V-One RRR? Or has anyone got one? Cheers

See less See more
#2 ·
i think a member called Kyle had one for sale a little while ago.

#4 ·
im not sure to be honest. i havnt really owned a proper Touring car before.

#8 ·
Audi SR4 said:
How is a belt drive car compared to a shaft one? Is it true that belt driven is smoother? Trying to decide on V-One RRR or the FW-05 RR. Cheers.

shaft driven cars seem to be somewhat more durable when compared to belted cars, but it seems like belt driven cars have more acceleration (punch) as there is less rotational momentum(less rotating parts)

#10 ·
MadDog said:
Audi SR4 said:
How is a belt drive car compared to a shaft one? Is it true that belt driven is smoother? Trying to decide on V-One RRR or the FW-05 RR. Cheers.

shaft driven cars seem to be somewhat more durable when compared to belted cars, but it seems like belt driven cars have more acceleration (punch) as there is less rotational momentum(less rotating parts)

also belt drive is a lot smoother especially when going on/off throttle, whereas shaft drive cars always have a bit of slop/backlash in the drivecups which is a bit more jerky when on/off throttle.

shaft drive is more expensive to replace but lasts a long time but gets more slop + backlash as it ages whereas belts are cheap and dont last as long (6mth average) and youneed to make sure they have the correct tension for a long and healthy life..

sometimes (like with my 4tec pro) you can go to a timing belt place like stock drive products</A></A>and get a slightly thicker belt which lasts even longer. (stock 4tec belt is 4mm wide, all mine are 6mm)Edited by: Oblivion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.