: Jato Steering

smithy_191
27-08-2005, 04:34 PM
When i turn left when iv got throttle on, it turns right somethimes with out me turning right.

Can somone help me with this?

Fire
27-08-2005, 06:24 PM
new servo needed?.. or receiver problem??

twizm
27-08-2005, 06:36 PM
torque steer?https://www.ausrc.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Oblivion
27-08-2005, 08:07 PM
When i turn left when iv got throttle on, it turns right somethimes with out me turning right.
Can somone help me with this?

upgrade the steering servo to either a hitec 625mg or 925mg (925 is much better) and it will improve handling due to stronger and faster steering. The 625 + 925 are geared for faster steering which is what a stadium truck needs... I wouldnt get the hitec 645 or 945 purely because they are high torque, slower speed servos for turning fat + heavy monster trucks/wheels.

Upgrade the servo saver to one with a better spring like the kimbrough servo saver for metal geared servos and it will remove a lot of slop from the steering while improving the steering response..

Make sure your front + rear wheels have a slight toe in + negative camber will help it steer straight.

The rest is up to your trigger finger, since 2wd's are always sliding the rear end. If it gets excessive you may need better tyres + inserts.Edited by: Oblivion