: Trouble adding pics to a post

PC WIZ
27-11-2012, 11:39 AM
I have tried a few times to upload a pic to a post today with no success?
It just keeps cycling, I waited up to 3 minutes each time but no joy.

AssociatedRC8
27-11-2012, 11:58 AM
I find it easier to use the image link set up.
Your URL
You can use photobucket or similar to host or just rip it from another site.
It seems to get a bit compressed when it is hosted on AUSRC.

mouse
27-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I had the same the other day. Tried twice, on the second one I noticed near the top of the screen a note saying something like " word count to low" even though I had about 20 words. I thought 10 words was the minimum. I added the pic the same way as I have done in the past and it worked then, has something been changed on the site??

towie964
27-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Were you Quoting or multi-quoting somone else?

I have noticed that sometimes if you dont make sure you type after the end [Quote] the minimum word count, or in this case character count (10) wont allow you to post.

mouse
27-11-2012, 06:10 PM
I was starting a new thread with about 20 words and then a pic under that. First time I thought the pic was to big as it was a screen dump from my computer, so I tried again to see the lack of words note up top. It was very late at night so I didn't try again and was going to have another go later.

PC WIZ
27-11-2012, 09:59 PM
I was trying to update a post with a pic Pete. I'll try again.

BIG-block
27-11-2012, 10:15 PM
I use Tinypic.com for hosting my images. Bit annoying with the adds but works very well and its very simple.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

PC WIZ
27-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks Darko! I will give it a go, although I don't want another site to have to remember a password for. It's getting rediculous the amount of passwords I have to remember.

mouse
27-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Had another go tonight at starting a new thread with the pic the same are I tried before and it all worked fine. I had the pic on my computer. In the new thread I used the insert image tool and all worked this time.:confused::confused::confused:

PC WIZ
27-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Don't worry, Be happy! lol

towie964
27-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Had another go tonight at starting a new thread with the pic the same are I tried before and it all worked fine. I had the pic on my computer. In the new thread I used the insert image tool and all worked this time.:confused::confused::confused:

Glad it worked better this time

Vital-Blurs
28-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks Darko! I will give it a go, although I don't want another site to have to remember a password for. It's getting rediculous the amount of passwords I have to remember.

Another alternative for image hosting is www.imgur.com

You don't need to sign up if you don't want to. Plus it's very simple to use and easy to resize or crop as you go. Once the pic is uploaded you just click on it and choose the appropriate code for pasting (msg board style code, html code etc.)

schmarkoDave
28-11-2012, 10:44 AM
I just use photobucket, mainly cos I already had an account there. I suppose it doesn't make too much of a difference what site you use really. I like that I can upload a photo and then it has all the options beside the photo. I can just click on the image code option and it automatically copies it and then I just paste that directly into the text box and it works :)
I used to use the forum uploader but it shrinks the photo and also if I upload a few at once it messes up my text that is already there and I have to go rearranging all the photos in the post.

PC WIZ
18-12-2012, 12:29 AM
I was able to do it before the site take over. What's changed? Could it be my anti-virus program?

It's got me stumped.

admin
18-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Strange. I haven't heard of this issue from others.

let me know if you still have issues. Let me know how you are trying to post. If you wan to post a pic from your computer, you can't quick reply (unless you use photobucket or another image hosting site), you have to use reply.

test:

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y521/walleyecentralmo/test_zps30c75541.jpg

PC WIZ
18-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Reply to thread, go advanced, Manage attatchments, add files.
Ah I see, I usually go basic when uploading. This time I didn't choose basic uploader and it worked. It use to work for me in basic but now doesn't work.

All good! Gee it's hot here today!