: Australian Off Road Large Scale Championships 2012

Kris
26-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Great racing event!

Thank you to all sponsors King RC, Aussie Hobbies, OZRC and DanielsPitstop.

Special thanks to;

All intestate and local competitors – without you this event would not be possible.

Troy - the person behind the scene and microphone.

Les – photos

Steve (Dirty Dog Media) – Video

QORLS Committee and Members

Shawn -Direct Hire

Rok RC -for suppling fuel bottles.

Dean Roworth - for his passion for the hobby and help withthe event

Brad Davis AARCMACC – Race director - Brad’s comments;(QORLS is the worst club he has ever directed at) his comment have been taken as constructive criticism and it will be used to better our club in the future.

Congratulations to Our Australia champions;

Matthew Van Gilst QLD - 2wd EFRA - Elcon MMX

Darren Olson QLD - 4wd AARCMCC - MCD V-4

Tony Nettleton QLD -4wd outlaw - DPS Toxic

Julian Fulton-Boot NSW -2wd outlaw - HPI Baja 5b

This event was the first large scale off road Championshipsin Australia.

It will be used as experience for next events to come.

Please feel free to comment on your experience. Your feedbeck will only improve our future events and make out hobby more enjoyable.

Video will be available very soon. If you would like a video of the Championships please contact ([email protected] ([email protected])) formore info.

Photos are available now – please contact QORLS photographer– Les [email protected] ([email protected])

Thank you
QORLS

MONAROMAN
26-11-2012, 02:50 PM
What a freak of nature Jules is! He wouldn't have raced much in the last 12 months and pulls out a 1st at the nationals

Well done to the other winners too.

Blazin
26-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Yeah Julian drove really well all weekend he's a freak!! Congrats to all the winners!

Kris
27-11-2012, 09:35 AM
My apologies for forgetting to thank Rok RC for suppling fuel bottles.

Rocko - you rock!

Thank you!

xr8ute
27-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Congratulations to all the winners and finalists, this was a huge event and the first of such magnitude for the 1/5th off road boys in Australia.

I witnessed and was involved in some fantastic racing on a challenging track!
The track changed over the 4 days and presented more challenges as time went on.

Thank you to QORLS and your committee for hosting, I/we appreciate the amount of work put on the get it over the line.
A big thanks to all the members I met behind the scenes, your all more than welcome to come and race in Sydney anytime as we discussed.

A lot of people will have learnt a lot over the 4 days of competition including myself, I look forward to November 2013 when we can all meet again in Sydney for the next instalment.

Thank you to Brad Davis from AARCMCC for his role as race director, the event ran very smoothly and there was plenty of time scheduled between races for track watering etc.
The Slyfox program didn't miss a best and having Troy commentate the race when your driving is an experience in itself.

Cheers
Dean Roworth
SSME- AARCMCC large scale off road rep.

BajaBrad
27-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I went along for a few hours on Saturday as a spectator & really enjoyed it. I've never been to a race meet before but it looked like a heap of fun.
Just wish I had a completed car to race.
Great job.

towie964
27-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Next year Brad...get your gear together : )

Well what a great 4 days of racing, a Huge Thank You to everyone, Sponsors, Hosts and Competitors, Marshals, Officials and Spectators.

It was good to see everyone out having fun and working together to make this the first in what will hopefully become an Ongoing event around the country for many years to come.

Once again I got to meet a lot more of the large scale community from around the country, putting names to faces and catching up with Interstate Friends, What a great bunch of people.

I already have my seat booked for 2013....who's coming?

towie964
27-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Yeah Julian drove really well all weekend he's a freak!! Congrats to all the winners!

Julian really is the dark horse....doesnt drive for how long, then to pop up from nowhere and get a Podium Finish would have to feel awesome...Congrats : )

mrmoo83
27-11-2012, 10:45 AM
I would like to say thanks for Dean, QORLS, Brad Davis for the fantasic job and the sh*t you put up with lol and the rest for putting on a great weekend. Had a ball of fun out on the track and off. Was good to meet a lot of new people and for the help. A great bunch of people.

Congratulations to all the winners.

can't wait till 2013 for the next one in sydney.

Mitch King

Seano
27-11-2012, 12:54 PM
I had a great weekend. Many a laugh was had. Meet a lot of people and put a face to the user name. Thanks to QORLS for putting the event on. Brad for running the event very smoothly. Deano and Callan for all there hard work with the rule books and helping in this sport of ours. Callan from KING RC again for all his help by giving me pointers on how to set up the car and with parts like the powerhouse G4z engine. Brad for helping Callan rebuild my engine after I had a little dust problem. And the Rok from Rok Rc for suppying a couple of servos after I fried mine.

2012 Largescale Offroad Nationals was a great starting point for the future of this great sport.

dawson
27-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Brad for helping Callan rebuild my engine after I had a little dust problem. .

all part of the G4Z after sales support mate :thumb:
you were not the only one to get caught with the dust

i think i rebuilt 4 engines over the weekend

but worth it to keep the G4z boys out on the track and having fun

you cant beat that for product support

Blazin
27-11-2012, 04:24 PM
i think i rebuilt 4 engines over the weekend

Damn 4 engines?? I guess I was lucky then only damage was a steering servo in the final. Just washed the car though and the surface of the track has really taken its toll. **** just keeps coming out lol

dawson
27-11-2012, 05:31 PM
None of the engines were mine mate all owned by different people

SteveO81
27-11-2012, 05:58 PM
4 engines and a world record time to strip a rebuild a 4wd leopard, **** you had a busy weekend

dawson
27-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Yeah definatley have more fun racing on the club days and kicken back taking it easy

Kris
28-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Looking at the results DPS and Allanach racing have done very well. “Simple is best!”

I must say 4wd classes have come a long way, look at the closes racing and depth of quality drivers. The 4wd winners had to really fight for their spots.

I have to mention David was dead last at the start. The displayment of his driving to get to second was defiantly the high light of the Championships.I must say my Team Driver Tony had a tire change during the race and still came third.
In my opinion any of the top three drivers deserved to win.
Darren - with all the bad luck you have had you deserve to be Aussie Champion!

Julian - I think you shocked some of NSW team members. You have not raced for 13 months.
YOU CAME - YOU KICKED BUTT – AND NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN

Matt – steady wins the race -you won the winter series and now an Aussie Champion –well done!

Well done to all the Champions in all classes!

in rod we trust
08-12-2012, 12:11 PM
kris your the secretary of qorls.... can you get the president on the line..????

asl him why weeks after the event there 's no video footage of any of the races....thats just no good for the largescale scene..

can you please post some video of the event...

and no i,m not going to buy a video of the event..

should be free for all members of the largescale community to see ...that will beneifit the whole largescale scene and all clubs in aus..

post up some vids please...

BeatsMe
08-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Ambro, here's a video of the EFRA 4wd Final, not the whole 30 minutes just the start and other bits that i joined and uploaded to youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGf_OBNymL0&hd=1#ws

Got more if you like, just have to get them up.

in rod we trust
08-12-2012, 07:15 PM
good stuf franco... at least someone's on the ball, didn't expect it to be anyone from a different state but better some from other's than nothing at all.

mauld2
08-12-2012, 08:59 PM
mate, the guys who got video footage of the event, weren't apart of out club before the Australian Championships. They came out as they were new to the filmiong industry and it would be there first big thing. They want to send an edited copy of the filming to Brisbane Digital Channel '31', and to make a 1hr long DVD to be sold to earn some extra cash, most likely to pay off the video filming equipment and the cost of the DVD's and cases. As if they are going to just give it away? Thats like you going to work and not getting payed for it? Have a think about it hey?

in rod we trust
08-12-2012, 09:43 PM
mate, the guys who got video footage of the event, weren't apart of out club before the Australian Championships. They came out as they were new to the filmiong industry and it would be there first big thing. They want to send an edited copy of the filming to Brisbane Digital Channel '31', and to make a 1hr long DVD to be sold to earn some extra cash, most likely to pay off the video filming equipment and the cost of the DVD's and cases. As if they are going to just give it away? Thats like you going to work and not getting payed for it? Have a think about it hey?

to me and this is just my opinion it was a qorls/ aarcmcc event ...there should of been a qorls memeber taking vidoes to put up on the forum's so we can boost interest in larescale's and also aarcmcc events /and largescale clubs.

even some teaser vids would of been nice , just to show case the event..

if i,m still in large scale when we hold the next national event in sydney..i 'll be making sure i get vids up of all 4 days events and put them up for all to enjoy for free.

it would of been nice for vids to be up to boost interest for all clubs and largescaler's

Seano
09-12-2012, 05:25 AM
to me and this is just my opinion it was a qorls/ aarcmcc event ...there should of been a qorls memeber taking vidoes to put up on the forum's so we can boost interest in larescale's and also aarcmcc events /and largescale clubs.

even some teaser vids would of been nice , just to show case the event..

if i,m still in large scale when we hold the next national event in sydney..i 'll be making sure i get vids up of all 4 days events and put them up for all to enjoy for free.

it would of been nice for vids to be up to boost interest for all clubs and largescaler's

I agree There should be a few teasers. The video should be good but. I would of thought there would be a lot more footage out there from people phones. But then again we were busy all week running our cars.
If you have a look on the QORLS forum Ambro there are a lot of still photos that les took.

towie964
09-12-2012, 08:04 AM
There probably is a lot of footage about, in my case, I took several videos, but due to the poor visual quality, I deleted them.

Many were just too hard to see properly

DDM
15-12-2012, 04:21 AM
Hi guys, my name is Steve, i am one of the guys who you may have seen filming this event, now my first name may be Steve, but please keep in mind, my last name is NOT “Spielberg”, we are only amateur film makers and don’t pretend to be anything else !

We discovered 1/5th scale by accident,( and have since bought a Losi 5T ) and despite our years of playing with RC cars, never realised 1/5th was thriving, and only a stone throw away at Belmont, we believe many people would be interested in this side of RC , so Shane and myself decided we should try and share this with the public, raise awareness of the sport, the club and its members .

We approached QORLS with a brief , this brief explained how our aim would be to get footage aired on FREE to air Local TV ,as this would ultimately be the best way to boost new interest in the sport, and that to do this, footage needs to be aimed at the general public, not the people already involved, so it must therefore be well presented, interesting, informative, and explain 1/5th RC to everyday people that have never seen or heard of the sport ,and so “cannot” be just cars going around the track the whole time !

TV awareness is our main goal, and has been from the start, a DVD was always a secondary consideration, but as awareness grew, it became apparent to us, a DVD with added footage aimed more toward the people already involved in the sport, is more and more essential , both Shane and myself both have real jobs, families and lives, so two beginners undertaking 2 projects at once, is demanding to say the least.

This entire project has been funded by ourselves, not one person we asked has contributed a cent, with all the preparation , legal hurdles, plus filming, it has already consumed more hours than i can count, then the hard work begins, i am currently editing the footage, from 2 cameras,(plus gopro) there is about 16 hours of it to go through, on average i spend around 6 to 10 hours a night editing, yes i am slow , i have not done it before, and i am far from any sort of IT nerd, and with no funding, we simply can’t afford to pay a professional editor ,so we have little choice, i feel a bit like a zombie , i don’t see my family or do anything else other than this project and my day job, its now 4 am, i spend all my time on this project, if it sucks, then i really do suck, because it 100% has my all, i only have time to write this post ,because the editing PC is rendering footage, so i just have to wait.

We did not have, or request any sort of sole rights to filming this event, so it was 100% open to anyone else to film whatever footage they please, we concentrated on what was required to fulfil a TV broadcast, we are only two learners, so can only do and cover so much, I apologise if things and progress seems slow, but please be assured, it is not due to lack of effort !

If all goes to plan , our primary footage will get aired on TV , so everyone can watch our hard work all for FREE !, sure the DVD will cost money, but please do not be naive and assume this is some sort of profit making project, just in case anyone thought money was behind this project, even if we sell 1000+ copies of the DVD, we won’t near making profit from what gearing up for filming this event has cost us , and that’s with us both working for free , my plan is that the DVD should contain all the TV footage for those interstate or those that may not see it if it gets aired, plus heaps more racing, plus extra footage, extended/extra interviews, out takes , and whatever else i can fit in to make it good value.

Many people have helped with this project, most from the QORLS club, it could not have come this far without all their help, like or hate the end result, please rest assured ,we will have honestly done the very best we could possibly do , so a big thank you to those that have contributed (you know who you are) there is way too many for me to thank here, very sorry for the long post, but hope ive answered a few questions, if you do have more, feel free to PM me here, or ask Kris from QORLS club for my email address or ph number :)

cheers

Steve

towie964
15-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Welcome aboard Steve ( and friend)

I saw you guys at the event, and you seemed to have some pretty flash gear. I will be keen to see the end result, so please keep us in the loop when this is likely to get aired.

Seano
15-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Thats great steve. It will be well worth it mate. Do you think the dvd will be out before the free to air? And could you please notify us when this is going to air. Cheers buddy.

xr8ute
15-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Steve,

Well done mate, I was also at the event and look forward to seeing the end product.
You guys where very busy doing interviews as well, they will be good to see!
I was lucky and missed getting in front of the camera ... Lol

Cheers
Dean

DDM
15-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Welcome aboard Steve ( and friend)

I saw you guys at the event, and you seemed to have some pretty flash gear. I will be keen to see the end result, so please keep us in the loop when this is likely to get aired.

Thats great steve. It will be well worth it mate. Do you think the dvd will be out before the free to air? And could you please notify us when this is going to air. Cheers buddy.

Thanks guys,

The TV footage needs to be finished first, (as it will also be at the start of the DVD), as soon as i feel i have fulfilled the “requirements” as indicated to me by the Broadcaster, we will present the footage to the local TV network for inspection, depending on their response, if they do or don't like it, or if they suggest we need to edit things further for whatever reason, i will then, for the first time, get some sort of idea if we may achieve our goal.

Once i know the TV side of the footage is completed, and rest assured, as soon as i have any news with regard to the TV broadcast, (good or bad), i will be spreading the word like a rash !

I shall then continue to add to the footage to make the DVD, i plan to add more racing and heaps of extra things, and the layout won’t have to be quite so refined to keep the audience interested, only because the DVD will be more aimed at people already involved.

I hope it should take less time to finish the DVD footage, but it will still be a big job, then of course i have to design the artwork, produce a DVD case/disk, organise printing ,mass burning etc, it all cost $$ and is very time consuming, and on its own is a large project for first timers. :p

Steve,

Well done mate, I was also at the event and look forward to seeing the end product.
You guys where very busy doing interviews as well, they will be good to see!
I was lucky and missed getting in front of the camera ... Lol

Cheers
Dean

Thanks Dean, i am looking forward to it all being finished too, plus, i have a “brand new “ Losi 5-T & 4PKS sitting in front of me, and have not had time to even start the engine once, let alone drive the dam thing, im reminded of this when i edit , watching footage of you guys driving your cars around !

:)

Seano
15-12-2012, 08:14 PM
What about pre -orders Steve? May help with the $$$$$$$$$$. Just a thought.

towie964
15-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Steve...Just to show how nice a person I can be...I am happy to give the Losi a run for you...at no cost of course....See told ya I was a nice guy

Seriously though...slip out to Belmont tomorrow, slap on a hat and some sunscreen, and catch a lazy day watching the Enduro that is being run. You are sure to see some smiling faces that were there for the Nationals...I will be under a tree somewhere : )

Anyone else in the area tomorrow, come for a look....suposed to be a 2 hour Enduro, should be a good one, I believe there may even be a couple of Losi's about

Mr.Leopard
15-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Good work Steve .... I'd love to see some kick as footage as I wasn't able to make it n was spewing
Lol

Question.....why is your username DDM?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using a drunk monkeys ***** as a stylus

Seano
15-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Good work Steve .... I'd love to see some kick as footage as I wasn't able to make it n was spewing
Lol

Question.....why is your username DDM?

Dirty Dog Media.

mrmoo83
16-12-2012, 12:25 AM

+1 on that

Mr.Leopard
16-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Ohhhh right I get ya my bad

towie964
16-12-2012, 09:41 AM
DDM...Dirty Dog Media

Not to be confused with Daves Discount Motors (DDM), I reckon that question is going to be asked more than once

DDM
16-12-2012, 10:21 AM

Thanks for the offer Seano, but its not really ethical to sell you (or anyone else) something i just dont have, plus i don't know what the sale cost will be untill i get one all finished.

Steve...Just to show how nice a person I can be...I am happy to give the Losi a run for you...at no cost of course....See told ya I was a nice guy

Seriously though...slip out to Belmont tomorrow, slap on a hat and some sunscreen, and catch a lazy day watching the Enduro that is being run. You are sure to see some smiling faces that were there for the Nationals...I will be under a tree somewhere : )

Anyone else in the area tomorrow, come for a look....suposed to be a 2 hour Enduro, should be a good one, I believe there may even be a couple of Losi's about

Thanks for the offer to run the car in mate, very niice of you to offer ! ;)

Id really love to come out and watch the enduro, but just don't have time (im sure i dont need to explain what ill be doing instead)

Dirty Dog Media.

Yes correct.

DDM
07-01-2013, 12:47 AM
Ok guys, bit of a update, i expect the "TV version" of the footage to be finished and ready for submission by the end of this week.

I have had to swap editing software to get the end product exactly how i wanted it, this of course caused even more headache, but has been well worth it when i look at what ive now been able to accomplish.:cool:

Ive also got a pretty good headstart on the DVD version, and so it should not take anywhere near as long to get it all finished, at the moment, we are thinking we would like to try and include "all" the finals if we can, as well as the extra stuff, so its starting to look like a twin DVD set may be needed to fit it all in ! :p

BigKev aka The Frog
07-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Awesome news mate..
Can't wait to see the final product..

towie964
07-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Great news, cant wait to see this hit TV screens

DDM
13-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Ok everyone ,after very much work (more than anyone could ever imagine in fact)the 27min Tv version is pretty much all done, we will talk with 31 Digital this week about submitting it to them.

Ive taken snips out of the final TV footage, and cut a 6 min preview for everyone to get a idea of what ive been working on, i hope you enjoy, and feel free to comment (even if bad) please remember we are learners and have "never" done this sort of filming/editing before http://www.danielspitstop.com.au/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/emoticons/smile.png

Please watch/listen with "decent" speakers turned on if you have them , and you can select better quality (cog icon on the bottom of screen)if you have fast internet http://www.danielspitstop.com.au/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/emoticons/cool.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn_ntJmPe8A&list=UUL2wnNRGXLpIH7Xckhq2C7g&index=1

Please feel free to spread/share link with anyone and everyone you think may be interested.

mouse
13-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Looks good, hope to see it on C31

Seano
13-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Great work Steve.

DDM
14-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks guys, as i said i would, ill keep you up to date as soon as i know more.

While waiting on the u-tube upload, we actually got to drive the Losi on the track a bit yesterday arvo for the first time, it was heaps of fun (yay !)

DDM
18-01-2013, 11:41 PM
ok , the TV version master copy disk has been burned, and gets sent to the 31 studios on monday, so this is it folks !

Hope next week i will have some good news http://www.danielspitstop.com.au/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/emoticons/cheerful.png

DDM
19-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Apperantly the show is getting aired on 31 in March, when i have a exact date ill let you guys know !

main_event
03-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Steve thats awesome news mate, hope it all goes well and I'll be sitting here waiting very patiently for the DVD version to be released! Thanks again for the massive effort you put in to filming and interviewing the Australian Champs on QLD!

Julian

Seano
03-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Hey Steve is there any chance we maybe able to promote this years Nationals on the dvd?

Cheers Sean.

main_event
03-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Good idea, is there enough info on dates etc yet to send off to be added to the DVD version??

DDM
04-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Guy's, the footage for both discs has just been finished, i have not yet burned the master copies, as i am struggling a bit with DVD menus, so i could still add something.

Im not sure it will be a good idea to have dates to one event, one that will have passed in 6 months, as this will only dissapoint people in the future, and "date" the DVD, i would like to think this DVD will generate a intrest in the sport for a years to come.

What might be better, is to add a website link to information that will get updated with event information "forever" and will not go out of date, that way if someone watches the DVD in 2 years time, they can still get current info about events :cool:

I have already adding links to DPS, and QORLS contact info (both during and at the end of the film) and on the DVD cover (i am half way through designing this as we speak).

I am open to suggestions from you all about other sites or info to add, but be quick as i would "like" to be going to print/burn in no more than 2 weeks :D

steve

main_event
04-03-2013, 12:40 PM
...Im not sure it will be a good idea to have dates to one event, one that will have passed in 6 months, as this will only dissapoint people in the future, and "date" the DVD, i would like to think this DVD will generate a intrest in the sport for a years to come.

What might be better, is to add a website link to information that will get updated with event information "forever" and will not go out of date, that way if someone watches the DVD in 2 years time, they can still get current info about events...

That's not a bad idea and you are right about the actual dates of events, it would give the DVD a lifespan of less then a year essentially

RogerDaShrubber
04-03-2013, 02:20 PM
You can buy advertizing slots on Briz 31 for something like $20 per slot, so you could advertise an event etc during the playing of this show.

DDM
04-03-2013, 03:21 PM
You can buy advertizing slots on Briz 31 for something like $20 per slot, so you could advertise an event etc during the playing of this show.

Sounds like a good idea, except, they don't really do one off ads, its average of $20 a ad, only if you bulk buy in blocks of 90 ads, starting at $1800+GST, then of course, someone still has to make the ad itself.

"The average cost of a 30 second spot on 31 Digital is an incredibly low $20. You can't get a classified ad for that! Packages start at $1800 + gst for a massive 90 x 30 second spots."

I rang 31 to see what deal i could get, and for under $1000, i can purchase the half an hour spot when the show gets aired, this give me 6 x 30sec ads to do with as i please, to be honest, i think ive got more than enough on my plate with what im doing so far, without having to make six ads, and certainly dont have the money, nor the time needed to chase sponsors etc. :)

RogerDaShrubber
04-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Out of curiosity, whats it cost for the 30 min program slot.

DDM
04-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Out of curiosity, whats it cost for the 30 min program slot.

If you are asking what we have paid 31 to air our show, the answer is nothing, and no payment has been discussed, we hoped (and we are proud) that they would recognize our footage as something they "want" to show, the first thing they asked after watching, was "do you have any other stuff ?".

And what does it cost to make a show they "want" to air ?, well a good idea to start with (well it seemed like it at the time, lol) a heap of camera gear, a little bit of money, lots of dedication, "well over" 300 hours work, and a very, very understanding family :)

towie964
04-03-2013, 10:13 PM
And a very grateful audience, Thank You for your dedication to our sport/hobby

Prostar
04-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Awesome work Steve looks like you have come up with some sweet footage,well done champ...

DDM
13-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Thanks guys,

Last call for your suggestions on additions ? :)

DDM
17-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Ok still trying to perfect the final master DVD footage and disk menu, having a few dramas , but hope to have it sorted soon.

We finished off the DVD cover artwork last night about 1.30am, here is a sneak peek, just remember you are looking at the open cover, so its front/back and spine.........:cool:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/dvdcovercarchampsSmall.jpg

Sandman77
17-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Cover looks great mate, but should it have a year on it maybe?

HDFanboy
17-03-2013, 05:53 PM
I think that was discussed a few posts above about not having a date on it to extend the life of the dvd or something like that.

DDM
17-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Cover looks great mate, but should it have a year on it maybe?

Thanks guys,

If you mean to put 2012 on the front ? i can see where you are coming from, but labeled 2012, would make the DVD 12 months old "before" its even released.

Its kind of like buying a car i guess, once its 2013, you dont want something labelled last years model, even if its only a month old.

The Title as it stands (no date), it will remain true and accurate for ever, as it will always be the "first" aarcmcc aussie 1/5th off rd RC champs. :)

Seano
17-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Looks the goods to me Steve.

Striffy
25-03-2013, 03:39 PM
How about Downloadable Content?
Or released on Blue Ray

DVD resolution is 720x540 or around that, the video you put on you tube is at 720P res which is 1280×720.
I'd love to get a copy in the higher res and not the downscaled resolution of DVD format...

BTW, the sample you uploaded looks and sounds great, well done!

DDM
25-03-2013, 10:19 PM
How about Downloadable Content?
Or released on Blue Ray

DVD resolution is 720x540 or around that, the video you put on you tube is at 720P res which is 1280×720.
I'd love to get a copy in the higher res and not the downscaled resolution of DVD format...

BTW, the sample you uploaded looks and sounds great, well done!

Thanks mate !

I am very glad you are aware of the resolution, but i can't promise you anything right now, and yes DVD quality is much less than what the footage is recorded in, unfortunatly (as you obviously know) that is just the way a "DVD" is recorded, a DVD is what we promised, and so this is what we will stick with for now.

Also, we need to compress the 2 hrs of finals on to "one" disc, so this requires further compression, but i am told it is still within normal limits of DVD burning.

Now, all that said, it did cross my mind to offer people the option of even better quality footage, but to be honest thats as far as i got ,i don't know how many people would want to spend extra for a blue ray type version, and im not 100% sure of all the logistics involved.

I really need to get the "DVD"s all done and "available", before even thinking of looking at any other format, and im exhausted from this project, ive continued to add to my work load, by adding more and more to try and make sure people will be happy (eg, now 2 discs = 3hrs), this of course puts the project more and more behind schedule.

In the end, Ill see just how many sell, and what feedback i get from the DVD, if the result is good i might look into what you suggest, if the result is bad, well, no point making higher quality copies of something that people don't want.

So while im not saying never, im going to finish what i said i would do, then im having a rest and spend some time with the family. :)

Striffy
25-03-2013, 11:05 PM
No worries. Hope it works out!
Cheers

Mr.Leopard
26-03-2013, 06:50 AM
If anyone doesnt know you can download youtube videos using realplayer ....the best for clips you never want to lose that are awesome !

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Striffy
26-03-2013, 07:47 AM
If anyone doesnt know you can download youtube videos using realplayer ....the best for clips you never want to lose that are awesome !

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Or use PWN Youtube http://deturl.com/

Either type pwn in front of the url and you'll get prompted at what quality video to download, or even easier under Download Tools, click to add the book marklet. Then any YouTube video you can click on the bookmark / favourite and will give you download option.

Remember though, you tube applies it's own compression, so the Resolution may be the same, the bitrate will be lower, but still very good.

DDM
03-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Ok, its done ! :high5:

I am finally all finished, Ill try and get the works to the Production company this week for mass production (well, small run production anyway, lol)

I want to get a one off copy made first, to make sure im happy with the print quality, if its all good, then i will order the rest. ;)

Below is what we came up with for disc design, (i want to try and get the text on the discs in clear, that way they will be mirror/disc colour instead of the white as pictured)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/kdkdjfksdflkasjdflka.jpg

BigKev aka The Frog
03-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Well done mate...Top work..:thumb:

I cant wait to get my hands on this..

Seano
03-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Yep as Kev has said top work Steve. Cant wait mate.

Seano
01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
I was in contact with Steve (DDM) and we should be seeing this video in the next couple of weeks.

fatgal65
01-06-2013, 01:34 PM
How to order????

Seano
01-06-2013, 02:03 PM
How to order????

Once there ready Steve will come on and make the announcement I would say....stay tuned this is going to be a great video.

SHORTCUT
02-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Once there ready Steve will come on and make the announcement I would say....stay tuned this is going to be a great video.

Seano has any one spoken to him about 2013 Nats

Seano
02-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Not that I know of.

DDM
14-06-2013, 12:35 AM
ITS OUT NOW!

Yes thats right, after waaaay too much time, and endless hurdles, the 1st ever Australian 1/5th Scale Off Road RC Championships DVD, is available for sale through Daniels Pit Stop right NOW ! http://www.qorls.com.au/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

For those that don't know, or can't remember, this is a Twin DVD set, filmed over 2 days out at the QORLS RC car track at Belmont, the first disc (approx 1 hour) is the feature, and is a incite into the world of owning and racing large scale RC cars.

The second disc (approx 2 hours) has the footage we collected from our 2 cameras during the finals, it has footage from all four finals on the one disc.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/dvdcovercarchampsSmall.jpg (http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/dvdcovercarchampsSmall.jpg)

With help and advice from Peter at Daniels Pit Stop (DPS), we have managed to keep the price as affordable and a fair as we can for everyone, with this in mind, DPS will be selling the 2 DVD set for $24.95 with FREE Postage in Australia.

A small percentage of money from each DVD sold through DPS, will be donated to QORLS.

Here is a shortcut to the buy page......
BUY DVD (http://www.qorls.com.au/BUY%20DVD)http://www.danielspitstop.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=169&Itemid=131 (http://www.danielspitstop.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=169&Itemid=131)

If the link does not work for you, please head to... DanielsPitstop.com.au,
On the left had side of the home page you will see ...Product Categories,
At the bottom of the product categories list , you will see ...National Championship DVD

Cheers
Steve
ps. sorry it took so long http://www.qorls.com.au/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif