: Idea for tyres Sticky thread

matt_stomper
14-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Hey Fokes,

I'm new to RC and don't really have an idea about tyres for the truggies so I was wondering if we could start a tyres sticky thread.

I personally would like to recommendations the following categories seperated by sub categories:

$0 - 60 / 4 tyres
Soft compound:
Medium Compound:
Hard Compound:
Favourite racing:

$61 - $120 / 4 tyres

> $120 / 4 tyres

If anyone wants to post recommendations in here please follow the following format:

Tyre: Brand and type/model
Tyre Info: Compound, thread pattern, size.
Cost: (per 4 tyres/set)
Tracks: (Tracks in Aus that you have raced the tyres on)
Lasts: (How long the tryes last for)
Driving style: Racing, bashing
Extra Info:

I'll keep the front page / first post updated so quick reference can be made.

Thanks.

cryocat
15-09-2012, 01:06 AM
This is a great idea, seeing as though one of the tyres on my TT ST-4 seems to be coming unglued. Someone who knows stuff please contribute :)

schmarkoDave
17-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Surprised this thread didn't get a bit more love. I'd love to hear what tyres people have had success with and what they have found to be crap, and then where to get them and for how much.

For people like me that are looking to get into racing, I think this would be very useful. So come on guys let's hear what you have to say.
From talking to racers and reading various forums I've found that aka tyres are coming highly reccomended and I'm certainly going to try some when I start racing.
What would other people recommend?

snap off racing
17-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Check out the stickies in the nitro truggies section.

cryocat
17-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Yes please start pouring wisdom into this thread, especially good places to be buying tyres. Need some for my ST4

schmarkoDave
17-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Check out the stickies in the nitro truggies section.
Thanks mate, I thought I had seen something somewhere before. LOL makes me look a bit silly :o
Although that said the last post in that section was 2009. Any new tyres on the market since then?
Does it make a difference running electric compared to nitro as to what tyres you run?

cheers
Dave